My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new on here, need help

There are a lot of helpful threads here, and you can feel free to ask questions here if you get stuck.

As for the old listings . . . we've just sold several items that had been listed for well over a year. That's the great thing about eBid, we could never have done that on #&%Bay, the listing fees would have killed us. Here, we can list everything we have and wait for the right buyers to come along. We just keep adding more items while we wait.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello catsanddogs,

I too am new to seling on ebid, having got fed up with feebay and their costantly changing rules.
    Been here 3 weeks and find the people on the forums great, they have helped me many times in that period. I never posted with the feebay forums as they are full of sarcasm and some sellers are really condescending.
    So keep asking if you are stuck, help and encouragement come along
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Newbie
    View kathy8183's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kathy8183
    View kathy8183's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default free auction fees?

Im new on here, and because of that other site taking more and more of my money, I thought I would give this one a try. Decided to take option of the Seller+Lifetime for nearly £50 just before Christmas, and was going to transfer a lot of my items over to ebid. However, Ive now found that I have an amount owing to ebid of £26.00 and have no idea where that came from!! I have not listed many and none have sold. I thought listings were free, especially to the Seller+. Bit of a shock, at least I knew where I was with the other site. Ive sent a message to ebid bosses, but can any general users help me please? Thanks.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is an invoice associated withthese fees which details what they are for

I rather suspect you used some sort of featured ads

This is not hidden.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by kathy8183 View Post
    Im new on here, and because of that other site taking more and more of my money, I thought I would give this one a try. Decided to take option of the Seller+Lifetime for nearly £50 just before Christmas, and was going to transfer a lot of my items over to ebid. However, Ive now found that I have an amount owing to ebid of £26.00 and have no idea where that came from!! I have not listed many and none have sold. I thought listings were free, especially to the Seller+. Bit of a shock, at least I knew where I was with the other site. Ive sent a message to ebid bosses, but can any general users help me please? Thanks.
    Unfortunately none of your listings are showing so we don't have any idea what is going on. Where did you find the 26 pound total, how many auctions did you have going, and what did you have as a time line for auctions (7 days). Relisting/listing is free, the extras come when you chose extra categories, BOLD, etc, but those features only cost 5 cents, so I can't imagine you racked up more than $50 in extra features (which you must repay every time the item relists) in just a few weeks.

Listing is free if you DO NOT chose gallery mode, which costs you 2% when item sells. But I always run my auctions as gallery, because everyone likes to see that gallery photo or they skip your listing. If you chose FEATURED mode for your items, you pay no final fee but pay $1 for each time period it is listed (i.e. 7 day auction). This is a good option if you have an outstanding item you want pasted to the top of the category.

I believe you have to confirm that your fees for this short period are indeed almost $50, you might be mistaken and read it wrong. And then figure out what you did to run up so many fees in such a short time (very unusual, as Ebid's extras are extremely cheap, on feebay an extra category is $1, here it is 5 cents). If you are responsible, you might be able to throw yourself on ebid's mercy and wait for a decision.

Hope things work out.

Forum Newbie
    View kathy8183's Feedback (+1)
    All-About kathy8183
    View kathy8183's Listings
    Forum Posts

Many thanks, I'll try and see if they can be sympathetic to my lack of knowledge in how to list on ebid! I just cant believe that £26.00 has been accumulated in a short space of time. I joined in 2008, but have done nothing with the account until just before Christmas 2009 when I bought the lifetime option as I intended to put loads on. I had about 6 items to see how they went,nothing happened and listings ended apart from one, which I have now taken off as I dont want extra charges!! Kathy

Thread Information