eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new on here, need help

Default new on here, need help

hi,

i just joined on here, i am also not happy with a certain site taking money out of my pocket whether my item sells or not.

however i'd like to ask how come there are so many listings, some from 2008, with no sale???

i'd like to try my luck on here just clearing some space at home etc but i am concerned about the above issue.

help please, anyone.......

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Old Items

Hi Welcome aboard well hopefully , probably the wrong notice board for your question , but what the heck , If you sign up here it is a one off fee so if you have a large inventor like myself you just keep relisting your items untill they are sold be it 2 weeks or in some cases 2 years + there are no extra charges . Some people do list then forget about them but i know the site owners are continually looking at old items to see if the seller still use the site . Especially now when the site is growing in leaps and bounds I have had some items which i listed well over 12 months get sold within the last week .
    If theres anything more that the forum can assist you with just ask unlike Bay you wont get a snotty reply we all try to help
    derek

Hi there and welcome.

Yes you will find that some items will stick around and others will sell very quickly. This site is gaining in popularity all of the time with more sellers and buyers alike coming across this place.

A few pointers for your listting is to take some decent photo's and use Buy It Now listings (so set the price you would be happy with). Also set auctions to 10 days with 10 reposts so that your items will often appear at the top of product searches. Also offer reasonable postage.

People on the forums are always happy to help so it never hurts to ask if you are stuck with something.

Have fun.

Ric

..Hi you don't need to start a new post every time - click on an existing one, go to bottom of page then write your question/reply under Post Quick Reply then click.
    This will keep all your questions and answers in the one Thread for you.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by catsandbooks View Post
    hi,

i just joined on here, i am also not happy with a certain site taking money out of my pocket whether my item sells or not.

however i'd like to ask how come there are so many listings, some from 2008, with no sale???

i'd like to try my luck on here just clearing some space at home etc but i am concerned about the above issue.

help please, anyone.......
    Welcome to ebid! We are a friendly group here.

Some sellers have abandoned their stock. Free listing makes that easy, no bill to pay so they forget about it. Hard to catch this, because some people actually do have old items that have not sold and they are active. ebid can't go around cancelling everything that is older.

In connection with this is the question; why does everyone have so much stuff listed but not that many bids? Because here the more we list the more we sell. Its a ratio thing that varies with the seller. I have about 450 items listed which generate one or two sales a day. I plan to double it. Each seller must find his/her own ratio of stock to sales, but if a seller only lists 2 or 3 or 10 items, its a guarantee their sales will be non existent. The more you list the more you sell because of the google searches. Like having 500 fish hooks in cyberspace instead of 1 or 2.

Check out the 20 tips for starting to sell on forums. You particularly want to get on google searches (BIN & ten auto relists must be selected) and have your items progress up category lists (7 day auctions best way). As mentioned, also put on lots of things so you have lots of sales. List a variety of items, range of prices too.

Within 2-3 weeks of setup if you follow the tips you will have your first sale. If not, come back and have us look at your listings. You may need a tweek to get things started.

Good luck in selling all your bits and bobs.

Nottinghamshire, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View anna146o's Feedback (+15)
    All-About anna146o
    View anna146o's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

hello
    i am new to ebid, left feebay to come here. i listed 38 items 10 weeks ago but no sales or bids yet, loads of lookers though, what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by anna146o; 6th January 2010 at 11:15 PM.
    please feel free to peek at my listings

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

Nottinghamshire, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View anna146o's Feedback (+15)
    All-About anna146o
    View anna146o's Listings
    Forum Posts

EureKa
    today i have received a bid on one of my items, I really Chuffed!
    please feel free to peek at my listings

Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View LizzyA's Feedback (+2899)
    All-About LizzyA
    View LizzyA's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, I too left greedbay, I love it here, I hope you will too,
    the offer finishes tomorrow (Friday) Lifetime at £49.99 for Seller+ Lifetime. A great move. I did this Christmas,
    If you do this you can put photo in search and only pay 2% WHEN you have sold an item. List as BIN, Bidding does not really happen here.
    like you, losts of lookers, no sales yet, but very early days.
    Lizzy

for Books and Magazines click
    http://lizzies-book-store.ebid.net/

Computer Games etc click
    http://its-all-about-computers.ebid.net/

Baby Cardigans Bonnet Sets click
    http://hand-knitted-specially-for-you.ebid.net/

DVD's, CD's, and Lots more click

http://lizzies-bits-and-bobs.ebid.net/

China Collectables click
    http://lizzies-china-collectables.ebid.net/

Want to be a member, No problem, Just click on this link:

Its a good idea to buy a few small items straight off. - This will give you feedback and get rid of the 'newbie' glasses.

If you have feedback from feebay - go to the repatoo website, and there you can get a link to put on your eBid profile, which will show you are a seasoned e-seller when people click it..
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Just a helpful tip for Anna -

If you are selling jewellery, particularly at high prices, you really DO need good- quality photos.

Sit them on a dark background, and use the macro (closeup) setting on your camera.
    If possible use good natural daylight instead of flash.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information