Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie asks for feedback

Default newbie asks for feedback

I have had several jewelry items displayed in gallery for three or four days now and note # of views is very low.As low as 2 views on some articles and I have no competition in my line of Ammolite gems either!!.
    Is this normal on this site.
    Activity here seems very low.
    Is anyone selling anything here?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not knowing personally what shipping prices are like in Canada, I think it looks a bit high to me. Plus this statement on all your auctions is off putting (to me anyway) and doesn't give me any confidence at all.

You will receive this exact ring. If not as described here simply return within 3 days of receipt and purchase price will be refunded less a $10 handling fee.No refunds on mailing costs.
    Sorry, but I don't agree with your statement.

If item is not as described, the buyer has every right to receive a full refund including shipping, let alone a handling fee.

A shame because you have such lovely items for sale.

Sorry I couldn't be more positive.

x
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 30th December 2009 at 12:59 AM.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your items are very lovely & interesting. Would tend to agree that the terms of your sales is a turn-off. However, even if your terms were right on, the site activity is generally low.

Default burgyeb

Thanks for your input and letting me know your experience.As I said--I am a newbie here and found your comments valuable and have acted on them.

Sorry to hear this is a slow site--I had hoped for a bit more activity.

Now if the powers that be here would provide a proper category for my wares, it would probably help a lot.

Not happy as being classified in Jewelry as "Other" when I am dealing in the rarest gem in the world!

I have posted a request for an "Ammolite" category--lets see if anyone acts on it any time soon.

If I get a category I have a lot more to list but at this stage see little point.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hundreds of members make requests of one sort or another, so it takes a little time for the boys to implement them. We are supposed to be getting a complete new overhaul on January 5th 2010. Let's wait and see what they have added/changed/discontinued.

Did you make your category requests in the appropriate forum?

You have only been a member since 24th of this month so you missed the Christmas sales. You joined up at an odd time of year and have only been a member for 6 days.

It will take time for your items to get noticed and eventual sales. You will of course have to work a lot harder here to make it happen for you.

Don't give up just yet. You are new, give eBid a chance - at least 3 weeks to start with. If in that time you still haven't made a sale, come back to the forums and yell for help.

x
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 31st December 2009 at 02:07 AM.

Default re work harder

Thanks for your insights.You have been at this for some time.
    Re:
    "You will of course have to work a lot harder here to make it happen for you".

Quite willing to work but what exactly do you mean by " work a lot harder"
    Is there something specific that should be done?

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi

Welcome to ebid. You have a bid so considering you only have 7 items listed that's a good start! I do think your postage is a bit high (certainly to the UK) and ebid is predominately UK. You need to put a BIN price to get onto Google Shopping which is absolutely crucial for attracting a wider number of potential buyers. This site is getting busier and we had terrific business in November and December and not just on fragrances.

All the best
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shikarijones View Post
    Thanks for your insights.You have been at this for some time.
    Re:
    "You will of course have to work a lot harder here to make it happen for you".

Quite willing to work but what exactly do you mean by " work a lot harder"
    Is there something specific that should be done?
    Use blogs, own website if you have one, email all previous customers, hand out fliers and business cards where ever you go, even the checkout points in stores, (I have a habit of placing several fliers in public bathrooms).

I also carry a mini stapler and some pins with me to secure small printed ads I made to billboards.

Advertise your items in the Plug Your Auctions forum - You are allowed one thread which you can respond to yourself every 24 hours, if you start a new thread you must delete the previous one first.

If possible, take part in the monthly charity runs which start on the last Friday of each month (for more details, take a look at the Charity & Fund-Raising forum.

Once you get started with just some of these ideas, you'll start to think up some of your own.

x

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by shikarijones View Post
    Thanks for your input and letting me know your experience.As I said--I am a newbie here and found your comments valuable and have acted on them.

Sorry to hear this is a slow site--I had hoped for a bit more activity.

Now if the powers that be here would provide a proper category for my wares, it would probably help a lot.

Not happy as being classified in Jewelry as "Other" when I am dealing in the rarest gem in the world!

I have posted a request for an "Ammolite" category--lets see if anyone acts on it any time soon.

If I get a category I have a lot more to list but at this stage see little point.
    dont hold your breath for a proper category. JMO.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
    dont hold your breath for a proper category. JMO.
    Why not?
    eBid have added quite a few gemstone categories since I joined up. It takes a little time to be implemented, be patient.

x

Thread Information