View mkroy3's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default I need help!

Forum Newbie
    West Stockbridge, Massachusetts, United States
    All-About mkroy3
    View mkroy3's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not much to go on. Sweater is either crochet or knit, maybe cotton or linen, hard to tell without getting closer. Handmade? Commercial? Jacket is felted wool or denim? Looks commercially made.

Any more info?

Forum Newbie
    West Stockbridge, Massachusetts, United States
    All-About mkroy3
    View mkroy3's Listings
    Forum Posts

that is all I have. The sweater is supposedly from victoria's secret but I have yet to find it. The jacket I have NO idea.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why do you need such specific items? Sorry for being nosy, just harmless and curious

You could take the photo of the sweater to a Victorias Secret shop and ask a manager if they remember carrying the item. That would give you an idea of what the garment was called, and how long ago it was sold there, all useful bits of information for future Google searches.

I would take the photo of the jacket to a fabric store and ask a few employees if they can steer you toward a pattern for something similar. They would be able to steer you toward someone who could sew that for you, assuming you were not inclined to do it yourself. You might also ask if they have seen the ready-to-wear jacket out and about, as people who sew tend to have an eye for garments, and may remember such a jacket.

Is the young lady a celebrity of some kind, and known for wearing certain brands of clothing?

Good luck to you, and welcome to eBid
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    Why do you need such specific items? Sorry for being nosy, just harmless and curious

You could take the photo of the sweater to a Victorias Secret shop and ask a manager if they remember carrying the item. That would give you an idea of what the garment was called, and how long ago it was sold there, all useful bits of information for future Google searches.

I would take the photo of the jacket to a fabric store and ask a few employees if they can steer you toward a pattern for something similar. They would be able to steer you toward someone who could sew that for you, assuming you were not inclined to do it yourself. You might also ask if they have seen the ready-to-wear jacket out and about, as people who sew tend to have an eye for garments, and may remember such a jacket.

Is the young lady a celebrity of some kind, and known for wearing certain brands of clothing?

Good luck to you, and welcome to eBid
    Good advice. That sweater is very interesting, I could not tell if it was crochet or one of those knitted lace patterns. Drives me crazy not to be able to look closer, the construction looks so unusual. If VS, I suppose it is a crochet from China.

Oh, isn't there a VS website? That might help too, but clerks do have good memories.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Oh, isn't there a VS website? That might help too, but clerks do have good memories.
    What I have found in looking for Coach things from days gone by is, the website has the current goods but not the former. Which I suppose makes sense because the companies make money selling new items, not in maintaining archives that I would find so fascinating

Don't know about clothing manufacturers, but I've had occasion to look on a handful of designer websites for purses that are a few seasons out-of-date, when Marks sister was curious about their value. I haunted various auction sites, trying to discern which sellers really knew their stuff and was able to email photographs back and forth with some of them, but it was a load of work. I had better luck with the personal touch than I did with just scrolling through items hoping to stumble on the same purses Karen had; no joy there.

That was why I thought the original poster might do well to go to a physical store in case someone remembered the same sweater; my experience has been far, far better in person than online when trying to track down something that isn't on the shelves now.

"You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Thread Information