Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ebid total number of items.

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    “theretrotrader” is dead right. I just had a look what he is offering and he has a good range of attractive offerings. I find the same, I have over 2500 listings, mostly very low value, but I am selling 75-100 items a month. More people selling more stuff will bring in the buyers. The biggest turn-off for a new potential buyer is not to find anything he is interested in. So I implore sellers to list more stuff but make sure the prices are attractive to the buyer even if you don’t make so much profit. And the same goes for the postage & packing charge, keep the cost to the buyer as low as you can.

Yes to all that both of you say! Things are changing here rapidly and the sales are increasing. Our inventory is increasing and those who list more sell more. You have 2500 listings and are selling at least 3 items a day, so are many of us. Those who are not, have to drop the feebay listing techniques (list a few things, wait to get bids on all, hint, bids never come) and quickly stock their stores full, and then some.

Buyers flooding in from google etc need to find a bit of everything here. We all have boxes of items waiting to list, now we have to get them listed. The more variety the better, even if we skim and take 10 of this and 10 of that. Does not matter if we intend to sell the same things next year or not ("I don't like vintage" "I don't like china"), get those little hooks out with bait to lure the buyers in.

Variety of prices is good too, the economy makes it harder to sell high end, so those who intend to have higher end items later, should also stock low and mid range items too. That attracts buyers in.

Also have fair shipping prices, and importantly, discounts for those buying multiples. A sale does not hurt either! I would rather lose a buck on shipping and make an extra $10 from selling a second or third item!

We wanted more action and sales, now I think that we are getting them! Lets keep up the good work!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

One thing I find encouraging is that virtually all my sales are to newly registered members and many have no feedback at all.That must mean more people are gradually finding their way over here.
    Hopefully they then stay!.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    One thing I find encouraging is that virtually all my sales are to newly registered members and many have no feedback at all.That must mean more people are gradually finding their way over here.
    Hopefully they then stay!.
    Bacon, that's been happening for years. I've lost count of the times I've left feedback - "First class buyer, highly recommended. Welcome to eBid". I't's the norm and it's the natural consequences of adding more and more new stuff. As far as I can see buyers arrive if you list the stuff so it's entirely up to sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Bacon, that's been happening for years. I've lost count of the times I've left feedback - "First class buyer, highly recommended. Welcome to eBid". I't's the norm and it's the natural consequences of adding more and more new stuff. As far as I can see buyers arrive if you list the stuff so it's entirely up to sellers.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    We wanted more action and sales, now I think that we are getting them! Lets keep up the good work!
    Not me. Records are the one thing I almost never sell on eBid which is unfortunate as that's what I deal in. I put four and a half months' solid work in to add images to all my items and sold three records. My feedback is also now worse than any other site I've ever sold on at 96%. I've come to the conclusion that people who use eBid don't want dance or urban music, I think this is just a market for pop and rock when it comes to music. I can see there are other vinyl dealers on here who are doing good trade but they're selling oldies, and sometimes their prices are <£1 which I'm not prepared to do. At some stage I might try auctions but I'm not mad keen as I'd have to close 4000 listings and re-list them all in auction format. I dunno what the problem is really but it seems no-one wants what I have to sell.

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHappinessRecords View Post
    Not me. Records are the one thing I almost never sell on eBid which is unfortunate as that's what I deal in. I put four and a half months' solid work in to add images to all my items and sold three records. My feedback is also now worse than any other site I've ever sold on at 96%. I've come to the conclusion that people who use eBid don't want dance or urban music, I think this is just a market for pop and rock when it comes to music. I can see there are other vinyl dealers on here who are doing good trade but they're selling oldies, and sometimes their prices are <£1 which I'm not prepared to do. At some stage I might try auctions but I'm not mad keen as I'd have to close 4000 listings and re-list them all in auction format. I dunno what the problem is really but it seems no-one wants what I have to sell.
    I've had a quick look at some of your auctions and they seem to be good value and saleable items.

I noticed that you dont have many search keywords in some of your titles, is there any way that you could add some keywords so that people who google search can find your items? think of what keywords you would search for if you were looking for your stuff. Also your descriptions are a little sparse. could you perhaps put a more comprehensive description?
    Last edited by Pendipity; 24th February 2010 at 11:49 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pendipity View Post
    I've had a quick look at some of your auctions and they seem to be good value and saleable items.

I noticed that you dont have many search keywords in some of your titles, is there any way that you could add some keywords so that people who google search can find your items? think of what keywords you would search for if you were looking for your stuff. Also your descriptions are a little sparse. could you perhaps put a more comprehensive description?
    I'll have a think about that, thanks for the suggestions

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Double Happiness Records,

You have certainly worked hard listing so much and you do deserve to sell more. Try promoting your Stores by emailing people who have bought off you on other auction sites and telling them about eBid and give them a link to your Store. Don’t do a bulk email but send individual messages; it has a much better effect.

If you use facebook put links on your wall.

Also, you can import your feedback earned on other auction sites into eBid. To do this you have to join Repatoo and import from there - all the details are under My Feedback > Import Feedback.

Cheers, Tony

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gee US listings really starting to kick in !

Last week ebid listings on PSU were very static.
    This week they are going up by 50,000 a day !

So that is great news, if we can keep that up.
    Is it the Ninja
    Or people ticking the USA box
    or just more people leaving feebay ?

Forum Newbie
    All-About 1MINPINLOVER
    View 1MINPINLOVER's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default i agree

I am transferring all my items from greedbay to here slowly I am hoping that
    I will do as good as I did there in sales not profit. Didn't do so well in profit due to their fees.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Most days I have a look at power sellers unite to see how the numbers of items on ebid are rising.
    I know the figures for greedbay are misleading because huge numbers are duplicates or rubbish from China with huge postal charges but the ebid figure sometimes doesn't update for a day at a time and sometimes seems to drop or rise by big amounts that seem impossible to justify.
    I know the trend is steadily upwards but can anyone explain the fits and starts and why for instance its reporting a drop of a third of a million items (10%) in less than 24 hours?.

Thread Information