eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ebid total number of items.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If there were, for example, 10,000 listings in the UK, 8,000 of which were available to the US, and 10,000 listings in the US, 8,000 of which were available to the UK... this would show as 18,000 on each place, giving a total of 36,000 added how you've done it, when there are really only 20,000. Sorry.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bykimbo

Well put, so how does one add it up ?
    Who was sending the figures to Power Sellers Unite
    How were they adding it up ?
    How do other sites do it, surely they have similar problems listings available in different countries !

Even if it was done once a week it would be good !

Every other auction site manages it !

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Bykimbo

Well put, so how does one add it up ?
    Who was sending the figures to Power Sellers Unite
    How were they adding it up ?
    How do other sites do it, surely they have similar problems listings available in different countries !

Even if it was done once a week it would be good !

Every other auction site manages it !
    1. You can't, from the outside, unless you're prepared to check the shipping for every item. No, thought not.
    2. I've never given PSU much time or thought, can't see the point, so no idea how they work, sorry.
    3. The total used to appear on the International front page.
    4. I have no idea what other sites do, or what PSU does about them, but knowing how many listings you have from within a site's management is not hard. How you choose to make that public is a per site choice.

eBid used to publish the number, since the site revamp they don't. Frankly, I think they just have more important things to worry about than PSU at the moment. I've only visited the site a couple of times and it seemed to consist mostly of over-wrought navel-gazing. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and find my flame-proof underwear.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Frankly, I think they just have more important things to worry about than PSU at the moment. I've only visited the site a couple of times and it seemed to consist mostly of over-wrought navel-gazing. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and find my flame-proof underwear.
    The only people that seem interested in PSU figures are a few sellers. Most sellers don't even know the site exists.

As it can be seen by eBids figures there at the moment, and from past experience from other sites, the PSU figures have never seem to be that accurate.

Anyway, to be honest, I think Sale Through Rates are more important than how many listings a site has.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Hi Tony,
    My mum was born in Wales !
    I just think that figures on PSU show trends and most people on here want to see ebid growing. They all think that more listings will result in more sales.
    (that may not be so, but if people think there is a lot of good stuff on here surely they will be more inclined to look here)
    I agree that sell through rates are important.
    Where do we get those ?

[QUOTE=Juliebabe25;1145168]Yes fro a site that is supposed to be on its knees ebay has gone from 32 million listings at the start if January to 38 million now.

The second tier group ebid, moon and bonanzle are all just treading water.

Without many more buyers and sales, not much point in listing much more stuff.[/QUOTE

Sorry you feel that way, I don't.

I see growth at ebid and fair rules for all.

I see daily growth and my own sales are excellent during a traditionally slow time of the year (100 items in last week and one half).

I see a company that spent money and time expanding servers, revamping its website, and now adding features that will help all sellers, big and small.

I see a company that is #1 in alternate auction sites, after ten years of hard work. Yet whose management do not hesitate to read the forums and step in to break up fights, investigate a small glitch, or ask for our opinions on changes. (Tell me Mr. D at feebay cares)?

In feebay I see a company that once had 100 million daily auctions and now is DOWN significantly. A company that lost many of its small buyers and is not satisfying the big ones (GM pulled out after a short time, no sales). That is not success despite the numbers it is feeding to the counters.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    The only people that seem interested in PSU figures are a few sellers. Most sellers don't even know the site exists.

As it can be seen by eBids figures there at the moment, and from past experience from other sites, the PSU figures have never seem to be that accurate.

Anyway, to be honest, I think Sale Through Rates are more important than how many listings a site has.
    Don't speak for all sellers. A majority of us are dazzlingly interested in all facts and figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Hi Tony,
    My mum was born in Wales !
    I just think that figures on PSU show trends and most people on here want to see ebid growing. They all think that more listings will result in more sales.
    (that may not be so, but if people think there is a lot of good stuff on here surely they will be more inclined to look here)
    I agree that sell through rates are important.
    Where do we get those ?
    Hi Julie,

My grandparents were born in North Wales. Small world!

Just to add, putting in more listings does increase sales for individual sellers. Many of us are proof of that. Might have something to do with google using listings randomly, so that not all are available to show for searches at any one time. So 10 or 20 items may not show at all for a while, or one may show. But with 200 or 400 listings, more show, more buyers see them and more sales.

Buyers like the larger choice too. On feebay we could not afford to have a huge, fully stocked store to show our stuff off, here we can.

Everyone sees ebid's growth in a different way. Some see the grow as positive and hopeful, while others see it as not growing fast enough.

Hope it is warm in New Zealand, we are in middle of a snowstorm here!

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

DeltaDelta

Thanks for your hints about adding more items. (Gazza and Mike should give you a medal as you do so much to promote ebid)

As regards one of my previous posts on the lack of great increase on alternate sites. Please don't get me wrong. There is nothing more that I would like to see is ebay lose a lot of sellers and buyers and for ebid to really get some sales going. (aside from my own sales increasing of course !)

Too many people say they are going to leave ebay, but keep listing on there (probably because they need an income and it will take a long time to get established on here. and they need to test the water at other sites)

My problem is that I have only one product (our desktop coffee mug holder). So I cannot list it too many times. We have one model in 4 colours. What I would really like is for a few well established ebid sellers with or without shops to start selling them for us.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Ebid's listings have just been updated on PSU !
    We are now down to Fourth after Ecrater and Bonanzle !

Oh well, I suppose it is partly due to the culling of duplicate and dead listings, but is a big drop !

We really need the Ninja now !

I have been seeing more people joining ebid, and more people reporting their first few sales so perhaps we are on a steady rise ! ?

Thread Information