Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ebid total number of items.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just checked the PSU site this morning...4:48 PDT 01/19/10...and we are showing in second place:
    -----------------
    eBid 3,294,925 92104 2.8% January 8, 2010 2:07 am

BUT!! Check out the date! All the other sites are showing up effective today, 01/19, but we are showing as 01/08...what's up with THAT??

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    Well then it's up to us to get those listings back up again. I know it barely makes a dent in the total but im trying to get upto a 1,000 before christmas. But if we all work together we can make this site meet the needs of any potential buyers. For example i'm paying another £49.99 to open some more shops containing items i would never have normally dealt in. There are a lot of categories that have zero to barely items in them. These are what need addressing. Again it's the old story of it's not there you can't buy it.
    Wel I Have Items Which Are On Shelves Here Which Nobody As.BUT We Need Buyers.One Person With 600,000 Listings.We Need Another 600,000 Buyers.
    cheers Tony

Ebay has left a gap in the market by abandoning the small-scale sellers of interesting collectibles, so it is encouraging to see so many saying that they are increasing their listings here. Now that I have reorganised my stores, I will be listing more die-cast models here, just the sort of category that I hope will benefit.
    On the other hand we want quality as well as quantity to make sure that new buyers stay here; too many tatty cheap paperbacks will put buyers off, so off to the recycling bin with them, letting the better books stand out!

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I just checked the PSU site this morning...4:48 PDT 01/19/10...and we are showing in second place:
    -----------------
    eBid 3,294,925 92104 2.8% January 8, 2010 2:07 am

BUT!! Check out the date! All the other sites are showing up effective today, 01/19, but we are showing as 01/08...what's up with THAT??
    The old site used to have the total number of items listed on the first page, where you chose your country. PSU took the figure from there.

The new site doesn't currently show that figure anywhere, it only shows the listings available to each country.

PSU cannot update it unless eBid show it.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes so how can someone add up the number of listings as some are listed in several countries ?

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Powersellers Unite still shows 3,200,000 auctions as at January 8th 2010. Is there any chance of getting this updated !

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whos is supposed to update the figures?.However it is just isn't doing very well at the moment are they?.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Powersellers Unite still shows 3,200,000 auctions as at January 8th 2010. Is there any chance of getting this updated !
    I don't know if ebid wants to update at this time. Ebid has deleted a lot of duplicate items recently [thankfully] and the number of listings has surely gone down because of it [though it needed to be done].

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Yes fro a site that is supposed to be on its knees ebay has gone from 32 million listings at the start if January to 38 million now.

The second tier group ebid, moon and bonanzle are all just treading water.

Without many more buyers and sales, not much point in listing much more stuff.

Forum Newbie
    View wist4patterns's Feedback (+10663)
    All-About wist4patterns
    View wist4patterns's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes so how can someone add up the number of listings as some are listed in several countries ?
    Ok I took your challenge ... mostly out of curiosity .... I just took a break from listing and sat and added up all 18 countries listings from their homepages. I don't know if these are all individual listings or if they include items from other countries that sell internationally ( Gazza and Mark would know ) . The grand total number for the 18 countries that I came up with is:

24,665,835 auctions running

Pretty impressive number if you ask me !!!! Like I said I don't know if these are all individual listings for sure but wouldn't that final tally number look pretty cool sitting up there on PSU .... might make a lot more folks sit up and take notice that Ebid is really striving to get to the top and growing super fast !

I know in the customer service area Ebid is tops in my books and everyone on the forums seems so positive and friendly. If potential buyers are looking at that number the could possibly be thinking that there is a LOT of variety and choices to be considered. Just something to ponder ..... ah but back to do more listings for all those buyers to come and see ( oops I mean purchase! )

Thread Information