Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ebid total number of items.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Yesterday, I found that some of my listings had vanished - I've no idea when that happened but there was nothing wrong with them and now, after a frustrating hour of "page error" while I put them back, I'm wondering how many other of my items are not actually for sale any more. With a diverse inventory, I need to be able to trust ebid to look after my work!

This morning two of my running doily listings up for relist in about 2 minutes vanished. I then received an email that they were pulled for incorrect category. Notice said they were in Antiques, textiles, lace/crochet/doilies, which is wrong category?????

I checked copies in my unsolds and they were listed correctly. This is same thing that happened with some stamped cross stitch pillowcases, I know I listed them right, but listings for both disappeared right after I put them in. But I never got an email on them. Goofy.

I contacted support and relisted the doilies. Whether it is the relist system or the wrong category system, there is a glitch somewhere. But like you said, it is awfully hard to find what went missing. Just happened to be there when these went AWOL. Just to let everyone know.

There does seem to be a problem - there is another posting this morning about a listing removal because it was said to be not in the adult category where it should have been - but it was listed there!!

Support is working on it I am sure. This is tied in with people getting emails about items pulled but no item named too I bet.

I jot down my totals each day to make sure I am not losing something. Today I have one more than I had yesterday, not sure why. Maybe one was in relisting limbo yesterday?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a newbie, I am so pleased to see that ebid had a big purge of duplicate listings etc.
    And that they are sticking to their rules ! That has got to be good for all of us.
    There is nothing worse than as a seller or buyer looking through feebay listings and seeing the same item listed again and again !
    Now ebay have let it get out of control its too late as they wont have the staff to do it !
    Good on you Mark and Gazza !

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    As a newbie, I am so pleased to see that ebid had a big purge of duplicate listings etc.
    And that they are sticking to their rules ! That has got to be good for all of us.
    There is nothing worse than as a seller or buyer looking through feebay listings and seeing the same item listed again and again !
    Now ebay have let it get out of control its too late as they wont have the staff to do it !
    Good on you Mark and Gazza !
    I totally agree. Even if eBid slips out of second place temporarily, it will be worth it in the long run. We'll be back up there very soon. This purge has motivated me to list more items.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I totally agree. Even if eBid slips out of second place temporarily, it will be worth it in the long run. We'll be back up there very soon. This purge has motivated me to list more items.
    I haven't notice a purge of duplicates. I have reported one seller several times and finally gave up. I just looked and all their duplicates are still listed with run til sold.

View smurfury's Feedback (+1373)
    All-About smurfury
    View smurfury's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi all. is this why we are down to 1,995,007 auctions ? wow they did have a clear out. julie.

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

we could make out that sellers on ebid have sold all those items that have disappeared that would rub a certain site up the wrong way if they fell for it!!

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

View smurfury's Feedback (+1373)
    All-About smurfury
    View smurfury's Listings
    Forum Posts

now that would be funny. i did sell one item on friday so maybe that helped.

Thread Information