Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ebid total number of items.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yesterday, I found that some of my listings had vanished - I've no idea when that happened but there was nothing wrong with them and now, after a frustrating hour of "page error" while I put them back, I'm wondering how many other of my items are not actually for sale any more. With a diverse inventory, I need to be able to trust ebid to look after my work!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    That's precisely it. I deal mainly in vintage and collectable toys and when i first arrived here even the most basic categories were empty. Popular categories such as he-man, thundercats, micro machines, vintage action man and countless others needed attention so i've scattered a few items in these categories just to kick them off. I will go back at a later date to bulk them out but have been listing more obscure items recently to add a bit more variety. I see any empty categories as an opportunity. If there is little to no competition within a category then it's a chance to add more diversity to your store and increase traffic which will inevitably create more sales.

Me too. We all have specialities but plenty of room for all those boxes of this and that we got at auction locally. I even watch local stores for good prices on craft items, etc. as expanding what we sell does attract more customers. Recently I stocked bamboo beads, not myt ususual, and got 3 sales, new buyer off of google. So it is well worth putting on something unusual to draw them in. Once they are registered they start to look around at everyone's stuff.

Incredible how much is filling up the stores, things I never thought were good sellers, yet sellers are doing well with the items i.e. vinyl records! Its great. In this way we have the advantage over feebay because we sellers can easily "afford" to stock our stores to the ceilings without having to pay 50 cents to $1 every time we list and relist. My friends on feebay are careful what they sell, and often after it gets no bids just pull item off. Too expensive to let it go around again. We don't have to do it. If we have 1000 books or 10,000 records, we can list and have that wide variety available for the buyer to peruse.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    And what do you think will bring the buyers here?
    Teacher, teacher, I know this one (she waves hand in air)!!

1. lots of different items at fair prices without inflated shipping.
    2. google searches on all items
    3. sellers who invite ALL their old buyers over
    4. buyers and sellers receiving fair and friendly treatment
    5. sellers learning to polish their marketing skills to increase their sales (which brings in more buyers).

Did I leave anything out?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Teacher, teacher, I know this one (she waves hand in air)!!

1. lots of different items at fair prices without inflated shipping.
    2. google searches on all items
    3. sellers who invite ALL their old buyers over
    4. buyers and sellers receiving fair and friendly treatment
    5. sellers learning to polish their marketing skills to increase their sales (which brings in more buyers).

Did I leave anything out?
    I don't know, but it's a cracking start.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Yesterday, I found that some of my listings had vanished - I've no idea when that happened but there was nothing wrong with them and now, after a frustrating hour of "page error" while I put them back, I'm wondering how many other of my items are not actually for sale any more. With a diverse inventory, I need to be able to trust ebid to look after my work!
    Same here, no rhyme or reason, just notice I have not seen it in a while. Now I look at total every morning, do the math and make sure the numbers jive. Easier to find the AWOL ones after a day than after two months.

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

I guess I'll have to start doing the same.. another chore!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

well i good tidy-up is required

All-About madelaine
    Forum Posts

but my listings were not part of the mess!
    Madelaine

My Postcard Shop
    and

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

This might be posted elsewhere (apologies if I've missed it) but an article in the mail suggests greedbay is on the way out.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...muscle-in.html
    I've written to the author suggesting he might like to consider an article on another auction site,that big businesses have left alone and which offers the small seller a real chance to compete. (Ebid).

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    This might be posted elsewhere (apologies if I've missed it) but an article in the mail suggests greedbay is on the way out.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...muscle-in.html
    I've written to the author suggesting he might like to consider an article on another auction site,that big businesses have left alone and which offers the small seller a real chance to compete. (Ebid).
    Wow, an interesting article, thank you for spotting it. Confirms what industry watchers have said right along, feebay sold out to the big box companies and it ain't necessarily good.

Funny how a company who perfected the bid until you burst feature, now is running mostly BIN because everyone "likes it". I think that is why ebid buyers are not crazy about fighting over items anymore.

Great you contacted author, the remarks section is closed to new comments. Hopefully an ebid article will result. Fingers crossed.

Thread Information