Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ebid total number of items.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Not for a second do I regret that. I daresay there are still many dead listings, and I'd like to see them go too. I'd rather have a small, active, vibrant site than a massive corpse. Buyers care about being able to actually complete a purchase smoothly first time, only sellers care about popularity tables.
    Totally agree with that. Although one member had over 458,000 listings removed last night, he still has over 600,000 listings all with no gallery picture, all on run til sold, and all with very little description. Some are just advertising a repair service with call for details on it. He had his website link removed which is all he seemed to list on here for. Over a year and no feedbacks. How many more dead listings must there be over the whole site.

Well then it's up to us to get those listings back up again. I know it barely makes a dent in the total but im trying to get upto a 1,000 before christmas. But if we all work together we can make this site meet the needs of any potential buyers. For example i'm paying another £49.99 to open some more shops containing items i would never have normally dealt in. There are a lot of categories that have zero to barely items in them. These are what need addressing. Again it's the old story of it's not there you can't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    For example i'm paying another £49.99 to open some more shops containing items i would never have normally dealt in.

just make sure you contact support first.... you are only allowed one account unless they OK it... and if you dont contact them before hand you could have both accounts closed down

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like i will have to re-think the stores that are already set up.

Well then it's up to us to get those listings back up again. I know it barely makes a dent in the total but im trying to get upto a 1,000 before christmas. But if we all work together we can make this site meet the needs of any potential buyers. Again it's the old story of it's not there you can't buy it.
    I absolutely agree. Like you, a lot of us are adding listings as fast as we can get them together. I think we also have a lot of new sellers, and they're adding to the total. As with many other things, one person may not appear to make a difference, but a large number of people each doing a bit can move mountains.

I am personally very happy to see the absentee sellers being removed, especially the ones with thousands of listings. It may be that support is being careful not to let the total number drop below 3 million. I think that was a landmark because it separated eBid from all the other alternative auction sites. So the faster we add items, the sooner the inactive listings will go away.

Well then it's up to us to get those listings back up again. I know it barely makes a dent in the total but im trying to get upto a 1,000 before christmas. But if we all work together we can make this site meet the needs of any potential buyers. For example i'm paying another £49.99 to open some more shops containing items i would never have normally dealt in. There are a lot of categories that have zero to barely items in them. These are what need addressing. Again it's the old story of it's not there you can't buy it.

I agree too, Well said.
    Get those finger tapping,
    This is the last time I look at this forum until I have finished listing another 180 games.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Not for a second do I regret that. I daresay there are still many dead listings, and I'd like to see them go too. I'd rather have a small, active, vibrant site than a massive corpse. Buyers care about being able to actually complete a purchase smoothly first time, only sellers care about popularity tables.

Yes. Guy is still there with the BIN $10,000 but has lots less. Must be a front for the mafia or something because he ain't selling.

I am sure we will always have this because listing is free. Easy to list and forget with no money out of pocket.

Well, I've just added another 180 listings, did everyone else do the same? 6 hours later, lol
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

SpecVinyl your just not dedicated enough

4 of my last 5 sales were to Newbies - paid immediately without waiting for invoice - I left feedback immediately to 'acknowledge' their order and posted as quickly as possible. So hopefully they will be happy and spread the word - and come back
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Thread Information