eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attn. The Boys " ~ 'Interesting' Google Search Result !!! Is this legal/Right?

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

lets all keep clicking the sponsored link and their charges can go up, we dont really need to go through to anything else do we- hehehehehe

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

Forum Lurker
    View james1968's Feedback (+159)
    All-About james1968
    View james1968's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is not illegal. Many businesses pay upto $20 per click-through just to be top of the list.

There is no harm in periodically clicking the link, as each click costs e''y money, so the more the merrier.

BTW, it has been pointed-out on Moneysavingexpert.com, that their 'Selling on Ebid' forum ranks higher in google searches than the official ebid site. This needs to be addressed.
    All good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait.....

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by james1968 View Post
    It is not illegal. Many businesses pay upto $20 per click-through just to be top of the list.
    I suspect the lawyers at the bigger auction house might disagree, if one of their opponents tried the same tactics.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I suspect the lawyers at the bigger auction house might disagree, if one of their opponents tried the same tactics.

Yes, we had a case in town of two law firms like this. Biggest took 2nd place one to court because they were diverting #1 customers by using, I think their name in #2's search words? Second firm laughed, said it was standard, get with 21st century etc.

By next day #2 website was so jammed, that it went down. The links had almost a million clicks as everyone who read about it in newspaper gave it a try (we have 800,000 people in Milwaukee alone, but including suburbs). Second firm quickly shut down, and redid their search words to exclude #1 firm's name and issued no further commments.

feebay is just feeling the strain and is trying anything to maintain customers. We should be flattered ebid is big enough to concern them.

Quote Originally Posted by james1968 View Post

There is no harm in periodically clicking the link, as each click costs e''y money, so the more the merrier.

BTW, it has been pointed-out on Moneysavingexpert.com, that their 'Selling on Ebid' forum ranks higher in google searches than the official ebid site. This needs to be addressed.
    That is the one I think I saw Ebid on selling. All items were on feebay!

Might be harder for ebid legally to do something as it is UK based, BUT it does have part of company in Texas, so might make it easier to file against who ever is doing this. Often just takes a notice from a big law firm to stop the practice cold. Since google is involved and google is supposed to be our friends, I think they might need from pressure too.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

me too

Thread Information