eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn. The Boys " ~ 'Interesting' Google Search Result !!! Is this legal/Right?

Glasgow, Glasgow (City of), United Kingdom
    View SparrowUK's Feedback (+61)
    All-About SparrowUK
    View SparrowUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Attn. The Boys " ~ 'Interesting' Google Search Result !!! Is this legal/Right?

I was 'playing' online and decided I'd come in here and have a look around ... So, for a laugh as much as anything, I didn't use my link but put the search terms

" eBid UK"
    in my Google search engine ...

Please, would everyone/ 'the Boys' take a look at the 'screen capture' below and see just which Internet site comes up as the best option ...
    They will have paid for this like an advert and most likely Earn Money from every click that that 'link' gets!

(IOW the site concerned has paid Google for that 'link' to be at the top of the Google search page and the fact that they have accepted said paymentStrongly suggests Google thinks that the 'link' is sound/ acceptable !!!!!!!!)

This 'Featured Advert' will be at the top of every search page that Anyone would get if they put in
    "eBid UK"
    as their search terms ... !!!

I was / am Gob-Smacked!

Sparrow
    X

Link takes everyone to
    eBay !!!!!!!!!! NOT eBid !!!!!

How else is ebay supposed to dominate and be able to charge so much for listing fees.... By not letting any competition get close to them.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If an auction site has come up with a canny plan for seeing off the competition, all we should be asking is "why didn't you think of it first"!

If people type 'eBid' as a search, then they already know of eBid, so no big deal IMO.

Now type 'online auction', or 'UK auction' into Google, eBid gets very good results, way above eBay.

Even just searching 'Auctions' gets eBid on the first page of results, and no eBay there either.
    Last edited by SpecVinyl; 4th December 2009 at 04:47 PM.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nothing to do with any of the above but while messing about following this post I discovered Google's Wonder Wheel. Anyone know the purpose of it?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Nothing to do with any of the above but while messing about following this post I discovered Google's Wonder Wheel. Anyone know the purpose of it?
    I hadn't heard of it, but a quick look brought up this page: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2009-03-24-n84.html which seems to explain it clearly. I also checked the script he gives for opting in - works fine. I'm wheeling as we speak.

Yea they are starting to play games on google and I think that needs to stop with a call from an attorney from ebid. Remember a bit ago I found a link on google that was a website called ebid shopping or whatever and took buyer to feebay auctions? I reported it to the boys.

As luck would have it that same day the biggest group of lawyers in Milwaukee took a smaller group to court because of a similiar thing. Was keyword swiping so when the big companie's name was put in, the smaller firms website came up. They had manipulated the keywords to include part of the larger firms name. Case is pending.

Looks like something goofy here too. We should be proud that we have reached a point where we are a power to be dealt with and dirty tricks is the only way to do it.

Google needs a talking to as well.

I just tried it, and both "UK eBid" and "eBid UK" bring up ONLY eBid sites. Maybe it's been yanked already?

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just tried it 1 - 6 was eBid No. 9 was Kimbo!!! but no e**y

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I hadn't heard of it, but a quick look brought up this page: http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2009-03-24-n84.html which seems to explain it clearly. I also checked the script he gives for opting in - works fine. I'm wheeling as we speak.
    The instructions say to paste the script into the address bar....have no idea what is supposed to happen after that

Thread Information