Thread: Ebid please please advertise yourselves

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BookZoneOnline View Post
    I totally agree about the email thing.
    And I disagree with it.

Any email addresses supplied to me by buyers were supplied for the sole purpose of completing a sale. As I never sought and got permission at the time to use that information to contact them on unrelated matters in the future I feel using it to now send them unsolicited emails would be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    And I disagree with it.

Any email addresses supplied to me by buyers were supplied for the sole purpose of completing a sale. As I never sought and got permission at the time to use that information to contact them on unrelated matters in the future I feel using it to now send them unsolicited emails would be totally wrong.
    I agree with what you are saying, but is it an unrelated matter? If they bought from you before, would they not be interested in the fact you have moved your business?
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

And I disagree with it.

if a buyer buys of me and i change my email addy, the site i trade on, my TCs whitch may effect any recent transactions i would feel obliged to contact them and may be legaly obliged to do so, eg if i offer any sort of guanantee
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

And I disagree with it.

Totally agree...I have a notice on my site telling people that in line with the Data Protection Act, that I will never email them with any promotional stuff unless they ask me to.

I have several hundred people a month (not many...but it's a start) who email me because they want to win one of the prizes I send out each month...if they don't ask for more info from me I am not allowed to send it out.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpecVinyl View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, but is it an unrelated matter? If they bought from you before, would they not be interested in the fact you have moved your business?
    They may be interested but if I haven't got their consent then I have no right to use data gathered in order to service a sale for any other purpose.

Clearly I would have to obtain that consent during the course of a previous transaction; I couldn't seek it later as that would involve using their data for a purpose that they have not consented to.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

So by that standard I suppose it would be OK to contact those on your favourite sellers list.

I don't know about this one, as in most aspects of selling I would totally agree with what you are saying and not make use of the email address' but in these circumstance it feels a bit like trying to save my customers from what they are now going to be offered on ebay.

I suppose it is because I see their underhanded tactics, of misinformation as to the changes, as a threat to selling

they are going to gradually change things until their is no individuality on there, and the buyers and sellers I dealt with may find this important information, that there is an alternative.

I suppose it depends if you look at it as spamming or public information, and at the moment I am leaning more toward public information.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecVinyl View Post
    If they had only ever bought from you once, probably not, if they were a regular customer, they would probably expect you to let them know somehow, not necessarily by direct contact.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    "eBid promises new site, then totally fails to deliver" isn't the sort of headline we're after. Come on guys, get a grip.
    Newsletter due any time now if previous months are anything to go by. I presume we are doomed to disappointment again - no new site launch and the newsletter will be delayed ...... Does anyone understand why??

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Newsletter due any time now if previous months are anything to go by. I presume we are doomed to disappointment again - no new site launch and the newsletter will be delayed ...... Does anyone understand why??
    pmsl...this is eBid we are talking about....I have been here since 2006.....eBid use a different clock from us mere mortals

I personally think it's now very very bad timing to do a site re-vamp. I don't think it's a good idea to do anything major in December which is only 6 hours away.

Thread Information