Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ebid please please advertise yourselves

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

TV sounds like a good idea, but it isn't - for exactly the reasons mantioned.
    extensive Internet exposure is the best thing. And we can all try to point things this way, whenever we post a blog, write on a forum or answer e-mails.

It doesn't need to be a big write up - Just a clickable link, or a logo, or even just a subliminal image that hints toward Ebid - (I need to work on mine) - But my signature is a simialr style to the Ebid logo. It doesn't SAY Ebid, but if lots of people posted on other forums - You don't need to mention ebid, you don't need to preach, but if similar logos just kept cropping up, people would become curious and ask.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yesterday, I looked into placing a 'pay per click' ad on Facebook, but after entering all the criteria, for £30 a month they estimated 2 clicks per day.
    That works out at 50p a hit. Nah!! maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    1) Too expensive. Our fees would have to go up to pay for it.
    2) I don't think I've watched a TV commercial in months. They're great for trips to the kitchen and bathroom. Otherwise, I fast-forward through them (almost everything I watch is pre-recorded on my DVR).
    3) When ***Bay got started, they didn't use TV, or radio, or anything else for advertising. They grew through word of mouth. eBid is doing the same thing now.

Yes they grew by word of mouth but that wasn't the only thing that helped them.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlacat View Post
    Ebid advertise on the telly
    and send you the bill for doing so???

Quote Originally Posted by gnarlacat View Post
    Ebid advertise on the telly
    A ONE MINUTE spot is about $500,000, maybe $250,000 for a 30 second spot. ONE SPOT!! Yikes!!!

YOU can advertise much more effectively by contacting all of your feebay customers and telling them you moved. That gets you sales, me sales, and ebid business. These are the people we want to target, your former customers and my former customers.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecVinyl View Post
    TV adds are very expensive. ebay can afford to advertise everywhere due to all the fees they take, I don't think eBid want to go down that road.

I agree, and sometimes the ad campaigns can be a waste of money if they are weak or poor quality. i.e. feebay's ads this year don't make sense, guy buying skis, woman buying clothes. Where are the singing and dancing ads we all enjoyed a few years ago. ("I bought it on feebay").

Weak ads, along with their crash and burn last weekend (searches failed, items sold for far less than value which they have to fix with sellers), feebay might not have such a happy holiday season.

Forum Newbie
    Barrow In Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    View jm463's Feedback (+4)
    All-About jm463
    View jm463's Listings
    Forum Posts

ebid doesn't have the budget to advertise but it would be in all our interests for it's profile to rise. do you think a volentary scheme where 1% is added to fvf's and then commited to advertising would have any support. anyone who chooses could opt out, it wouldn't break the bank for people who opt in (they could opt out again whenever they want).

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't know how many members there are on ebid or how many sales, but I don't think the 1% would make a dint in a television add campaign price, as it is marketing to the world, or all the countries ebid now operate in and that is big money, as pointed out above.

You could always use the media groups own charities to promote auctions we put up for them, as that way it would be in their best interests to promote the auctions, and you may find ebid gets a full seven days of positive advertising.

But even that would be limited by the amount each of us could supply as free items, possibly including the shipping.

Default Free TV Ad's

This may be of some use for eBid in the way of advertising

Google Offers Free TV Ad Creation with SpotMixer

Google TV Ads is now offering free tv ad creation with a self-serve video ad creation solution implemented inside AdWords. The solution was developed jointly between the two companies. The video creation tool has been available through a private beta since September. Now, it's open to everyone.

Well placed TV ads are a great way to drive traffic directly to your site or to drive people to search for key terms you're ranking or advertising for.

SpotMixer's platform automatically takes text from existing AdWords text ads and inserts them into tailored ads using dynamically changing templates (in order to offer up multiple ads).

Another plus, especially in this economy, is the ability of companies and agencies to resuse previously developed creative. Photographs, video, and audio can be repurposed in the SpotMixer tool to create ads that are coordinated with search marketing efforts.

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/090116-083446
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Could someone translate that from gobbledygook into some form of useful English? private beta? Resuse? Repurposed? Makes no sense to me at all! Although maybe it doesn't matter.....

Thread Information