eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: is ebid missing the oppotunity of a lifetime

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by borucha View Post
    ...anyway i remember from last time that you should pick auction listings for more than 10 days to attract google but do the listings have to be BIN or contain a BIN or can they be regular auctions with or without reserve. At the moment i cant see any of my listings appearing on google.
    The 10 days to run is no longer as issue with your items being uploaded to Google as they are now uploaded on posting rather than every few days. A BuyNow price is required for an item to be eligible for upload to Google.

Also is there any advantage as there appears to be on the "dark side" to offering listings with free p&p in terms of search results on ebid and for google hits.
    None that I am aware of. On the basis that there is no such thing as 'free shipping' all you would do is make your items look more expensive than comparable items.

... has anyone from the forums beta tested it.
    No. Not even any clues as to what changes to expect. We are all about to have our virginity restored (which will be more a shock for some than others).

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3013)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    The 10 days to run is no longer as issue with your items being uploaded to Google as they are now uploaded on posting rather than every few days. A BuyNow price is required for an item to be eligible for upload to Google.
    thanks for this information, much appreciated.

is there a way to bulk edit to add a BIN

Once i have edited the listings will the new information go to google so that they should start to appear in their results or will they have to wait until they end and get automatically relisted or do i need to end the existing listing and restart?

many thanks once again for the prompt and as useful helpful response

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks for this information, much appreciated.

is there a way to bulk edit to add a BIN
    BIN is one of the items changeable via bulk edit (see attached screen shot) but bear in mind you can only set one value, so every item you change will be given the same price. You could make changes in batches to give a range of items price X, next range price Y etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Once i have edited the listings will the new information go to google so that they should start to appear in their results or will they have to wait until they end and get automatically relisted or do i need to end the existing listing and restart?
    I don't think that simply editing a currently ineligible listing to make it eligible will trigger an upload to Google. The action appears to take place on posting and repost. Auto-repost does not trigger a re-upload as the basic auction information does not change and the same would be the case if you simply edited a current listing. I work on the principle that if a listing gets a new auction id (as on post and repost) then the upload occurs if the listing is eligible.

On that basis any currently ineligible listings would have to be closed, modified and then reposted.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkheavy View Post
    I found out how to create an about me page. i also found out they look lousy if you don't use html. Oh well, i don't have time to go learn that....

I'll do you a trade

Spend around $10 in my eBid store and send me the text and images for your about-me page, and I'll HTML-ise it for you .... heck, if you insist, I'll even HTML-ize it for you

Remember on eBid, each item you buy gets a unique feedback point (unlike on fleecebay) even if you buy them all in the same 5 minutes - none of this weeks apart nonsense. This gives you an ideal entry to have some earned feedback on your account - as a seller, you know that buyers like to see some existing feedback next to the sellers name?

As it stands right now, I can do the html same day for you (allowing for time differences - I'm in SE Asia).

Gaz

Gaz

Forum Lurker
    View bkheavy's Feedback (+2)
    All-About bkheavy
    View bkheavy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Somehow i think if I wanted to spend some time fooling with an HTML editor, I might be able to create a document that i could actually put in as an about me.
    I have a full plate now, maybe LATER.
    ize ise EH?

Forum Lurker
    View bkheavy's Feedback (+2)
    All-About bkheavy
    View bkheavy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Aha

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Good for you!!! Trust us, we like ya fella, you are spunky, we want you to do well here.

Ten repeats is google's way of making sure the items stay around a while to get looked at by potential buyers. Too many complaints the items were no longer available (or some were very old and expired). That is their criteria. So combined with the BIN, you will find your items will be on google in a few minutes. Ebid continually downloads and so does google.

Remember game is different because we don't pay listing/relisting. We can stock as many items as we like. Some sellers are adding 10,000+. Its like ebid let you open stores and never charged you rent until the items sold. Good deal.

So no need to get buyers to grab fast. On feebay listing/relisting cost too much so we were careful about what we put on. Now you need to keep stuff up on google so it shows all over cyberspace because you want that exposure. And you know it takes one person who is interested to come in and buy an item or two or more. Make sure that lots of people see your stuff.

To get regular sales what you have to do is stock a lot of items (variety of items and prices), add items regularly (keeps buyers interested), make sure they all go to google, and get your old buyers here. Keep adding and adding until the sales reach the point that you want (i.e. weekly sales, daily sales). That point varies with the seller, the items they sell, etc, I may need to stock 500 items to get daily sales. You may need to stock 1000 or 250. Usually the more you stock the more sales you get. Those selling many items per day often have 4000+ items. I think the principle here is that all of these items are all swirling around cyberspace attracting buyers. Those with 5 items don't get buyers to even look.

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

THe 10X repeat is about Google listing! If somone sees my junk on Google do they then buy it on Ebid in the usual way?
    When you sell one of a kind items having 400 good items listed is not an easy goal.
    I need to still have ebay listings for cash flow. I see this as a long term investment.
    I have poor health and just so much energy. I will try and give this a real try but it will take TIME.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just Think You New Here.
    So You Have To Learn The Ropes.
    Walk Before You Run.
    I Know Its Much Easier To List Here Then Any Other Site I Know.
    Anyway All The Best.
    Stay Focused And You Will Get There.(Here On Ebid)
    Cheers Tony

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

Somehow i think if I wanted to spend some time fooling with an HTML editor, I might be able to create a document that i could actually put in as an about me.
    I have a full plate now, maybe LATER.
    ize ise EH?
    Oo-er missus, now THAT's Snarky!

It's becoming obvious from all your posts in this thread that you either suffer from emoticon-illiteracy or, as it's sometimes called - smiley-blindness.

As to "ise" and "ize", I take it you've had little exposure to the subtle differences between correct British English and the polluted version in use within our former colony?

Now where's that photo of the angling terminal tackle?

All-About gazlannathai
    Forum Posts

THe 10X repeat is about Google listing! If somone sees my junk on Google do they then buy it on Ebid in the usual way?
    Yes & Yes - Google's rules require listings to be Buy Now and have a minimum time to run before expiry, or they will not be included in the product search results. Using the 10 day x 10 relist gives your listing a 110 daylife (almost 4 months) plus 11 shots at being "time ending soonest" at the top of on-site searches.
    Whichever route caused a buyer to end up on your listing's page, and bidding - the transaction processes normally within eBid .. just as it would on any ecommerce site or 3rd party channel including over on the dark side.

When you sell one of a kind items having 400 good items listed is not an easy goal.
    As we all know and deal with daily, yet some sellers of unique items still manage to build and maintain listing catalogues of 1000's of items - imagination is a wonderful asset in a sales person. Sell the sizzle AND the sausage, so to speak..

I need to still have ebay listings for cash flow. I see this as a long term investment.
    The faster you immerse, the sooner you get returns - I was one of the few who made a full time living off eBid alone (back in 2003-2004) when it had significantly less than 10% of the membership and listings it now has. You WILL get out what you put into it, if you lose the snarkiness, and wise up to the tongue-in-cheek, trans-Atlantic rib-poking that goes on in the forums regarding the use of English and how to spell things.

I have poor health and just so much energy. I will try and give this a real try but it will take TIME.
    Sorry to hear about your health - unlike on the dark side, poor health here is not always a good reason for bad attitude as a buyer or seller - on eBid, members have recovered from cancer and similar, and returned to active trading, whereas over "there" I have had many customers claim terminal illness as a reason to not pay, yet they continue bidding (and paying other sellers) for months or years afterwards - in return for filing a NPB, they gave me negatives ..... so I would getout the voodoo dolls and the loooooooooonnnnnnnng pins

Learn to relax in the forums over here, we all help each other, but stomp on snarks and trolls pretty dammed hard ..... you don't want to be under my foot - it smells

Gaz

Thread Information