My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: is ebid missing the oppotunity of a lifetime

Bkheavy, the forum on eBid is full of advice from regular forum posters to new sellers about how to do business on this site. New sellers can get a rough ride here if they make comments that the regular posters to the forum do not like. The one thing that is missing from all of this is feedback from the new sellers on what difference taking the advice makes. Would you mind to do this site a favour please. Do what everybody is suggesting in this thread and then in two months time come back and let everybody know what difference it made. I think that it would be really helpful to have that feedback so that the relevance of the advice can be assessed.

To give you a different viewpoint, I had a look at some of your listings and if I were into collecting photos of trains would be quite happy to buy from your listings without an About Me page and flashy listings. If I buy from a site like eBid, the most important factors influencing my purchasing decision are having enough information about what I am buying and having confidence that I will get what I have paid for and that the site will take action against any problem sellers. There was enough information about your photos in the listings that I looked at for me to decide to buy. I would usually have a quick look at selling feedback if I wanted to check out the reliability of a seller but obviously that it not possible for new sellers here. In your case, having been on eBid for a while, I know that eBid management would deal with any problems that I had with you as a seller.

I am not interested in About Me pages as they are not particularly relevant to the product being listed and anyway I do not have the time to keep looking at About Me pages. Also, about Me pages have to be written carefully. Some of the About Me pages that I have seen on eBid in the past have not been very business like and have given a poor impression of the sellers and would have put me off buying.

As it is supposed to be the Season of Goodwill, I hope that you are able to take some time to enjoy the festive season and send you friendly Seasons Greetings! I hope that you will have a successful time on eBid.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You say you're not seller+ but that's not what your about me page says. Have you upgraded since yesterday? Are you still confused about what types of listings and extras you can have? I have handy links to ebay's fees and variations here: http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/index.htm#fees

As I said before, if you have a specific question just ask - it's much simpler to discuss specific points than thrash about pulling in bits about selling psychology, about me pages, blah blah. You will sell in a way that suits you. We can offer advice, but if it doesn't sit with your philosophy, there's no point in banging on about it. But if you just want to know "how do I get X to do Y" *then* there's something useful to be achieved.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been on ebid for a little more than a year. At first it was very slow. I came to the forums. Studied at lot. Found at the problems were at my end. Did what the fellow ebidders said to do. BIN with 10 auto reposts to get up in search results and on google. Now I sell at leat one item almost every day. Even sold a book on Christmas Eve. Thank you to all helpers. Especially to the thread that taught me how to set up my google account!!!. I also send out all packages like Ama*on. Your ebid.net order is enclosed written on package. Thanks again to everyone.

Forum Lurker
    View bkheavy's Feedback (+2)
    All-About bkheavy
    View bkheavy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I upgraded last night. I am not sure why repeating the auction 10 times is special. I have started to do starts immediately and repeating twice. I sell one of a kind items most of the time. I try not to have something up for ever. I would rather have a "decent interval" and re list it.
    I am getting views.
    I look forward to having gallery photos as I think they will help some.
    I thank those who have tried to help me. Don't be too quick to judge me by posts on here.
    I will come back and report on sales or lack there of in the future.
    I can't let this go now that I have made the leap to seller+.

I need to learn more about google's place in this and a websiter I have seen mentioned that is free advertising.
    Does anyomne have a link to setting up PAYPAL on here? On settingb up google checkout on here?

Forum Lurker
    View bkheavy's Feedback (+2)
    All-About bkheavy
    View bkheavy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Galery pics 2%??

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Ask yourself this question, how long would it take you to run up a bill on greedbay the size of the lifetime subscription on here. You get 5 free shops, if you use gallery pics it only cost you 2% FVF, a bargain. However if you choose not to listen to the advice that people are giving you on here that is your choice.
    Are gallery pictures charged at 2% of gross? I thought they were part of the auctions as a seller +.
    Or is this something about stores?
    I decided to upgrade largely based on weighing fifty on here with fifty in fees on there.....

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

to add paypal go to my ebid my personal settings add the email addy you have reg with paypal in the" box" you now can add paypal to your auctions as a payment method,

items are uploaded to google from ebid they have to be BINs OR BIN and auction not auction on its own
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

gallery pic is 2% of the selling price and charged when your item sells
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by bkheavy View Post
    Yes, I upgraded last night. I am not sure why repeating the auction 10 times is special. I have started to do starts immediately and repeating twice. I sell one of a kind items most of the time. I try not to have something up for ever. I would rather have a "decent interval" and re list it.
    I am getting views.
    I look forward to having gallery photos as I think they will help some.
    I thank those who have tried to help me. Don't be too quick to judge me by posts on here.
    I will come back and report on sales or lack there of in the future.
    I can't let this go now that I have made the leap to seller+.

I need to learn more about google's place in this and a websiter I have seen mentioned that is free advertising.
    Does anyomne have a link to setting up PAYPAL on here? On settingb up google checkout on here?
    Good for you!!! Trust us, we like ya fella, you are spunky, we want you to do well here.

Ten repeats is google's way of making sure the items stay around a while to get looked at by potential buyers. Too many complaints the items were no longer available (or some were very old and expired). That is their criteria. So combined with the BIN, you will find your items will be on google in a few minutes. Ebid continually downloads and so does google.

Remember game is different because we don't pay listing/relisting. We can stock as many items as we like. Some sellers are adding 10,000+. Its like ebid let you open stores and never charged you rent until the items sold. Good deal.

So no need to get buyers to grab fast. On feebay listing/relisting cost too much so we were careful about what we put on. Now you need to keep stuff up on google so it shows all over cyberspace because you want that exposure. And you know it takes one person who is interested to come in and buy an item or two or more. Make sure that lots of people see your stuff.

To get regular sales what you have to do is stock a lot of items (variety of items and prices), add items regularly (keeps buyers interested), make sure they all go to google, and get your old buyers here. Keep adding and adding until the sales reach the point that you want (i.e. weekly sales, daily sales). That point varies with the seller, the items they sell, etc, I may need to stock 500 items to get daily sales. You may need to stock 1000 or 250. Usually the more you stock the more sales you get. Those selling many items per day often have 4000+ items. I think the principle here is that all of these items are all swirling around cyberspace attracting buyers. Those with 5 items don't get buyers to even look.

Good Luck! Keep us posted.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bkheavy View Post

JewelEffects made a good google guide here: http://www.jeweleffects.com/instruct...ntaccount.html

Don't know if anybody's ever bothered with a paypal guide - generally people arrive here already having a paypal account, and all you then have to do is put the address in your details here.

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3013)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Google hits - Offering Free P&P - general ramblings - New site

long time since i listed items on ebid but i thought i would try again (even though my gallery had been wiped which was most annoying:-)

however i see from the forum and feedback ratings that sales still seem low for many regular posters after many months if not close to a years absence, so sticking with the dark side despite its costs and idiosyncrasies (I wont get started on the ebid idiosyncrasies which is why i left for a while) was clearly the better decision financially despite the increased fees.

anyway i remember from last time that you should pick auction listings for more than 10 days to attract google but do the listings have to be BIN or contain a BIN or can they be regular auctions with or without reserve. At the moment i cant see any of my listings appearing on google.

Also is there any advantage as there appears to be on the "dark side" to offering listings with free p&p in terms of search results on ebid and for google hits.

many thanks in advance for your usual assistance,

i hope that the new site i have read about irons out some of the issues - has anyone from the forums beta tested it, there are a number of the regular posters whose input would based on my admittedly limited experience be very useful as they regularly address some fo the issues that many new and not so new ebidders raise

anyways ramblings over i just want to wish you all the best for 2010 and success with your sales.

Thread Information