My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: is ebid missing the oppotunity of a lifetime

I'm another eBayer that has jumped ship. I don't see a problem with posting here at eBid, the pages seem to load fast for me but I do really miss the sellers assistant listing program. Hopefully ninja lister will work as well or better when it's finally released.

I just hope that once it does come out it will be able to incorporate the auctions that we already have running at the eBid site.

When I first started here, I did have problems listing items. It's called a learning curve. I'm sure the same is true for everyone.

Now that I've figured out how everything works, I think listing here is at least twice as fast as it was on #&$%Bay. I can use an existing listing as a templete, online, and make the changes faster than I did using TurboLister. And I don't have to deal with the TurboLister update . . . and then check to see if it made any mistakes . . . or if it even ran at all . . . later. When I add something, it's there.

I also remember how I hated finding a mistake in a listing, it took forever to change anything. Here, it's so easy I don't even preview new listings. If something's wrong I can fix it immediately.

I've found this site took a bit of getting used to, but just as easy, if not easier.
    It's more simpified here. eBay just complicate everything.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

Forum Newbie
    Barrow In Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    View jm463's Feedback (+4)
    All-About jm463
    View jm463's Listings
    Forum Posts

well i hope i haven't come across as too negative, for ebid to become more successful would be great for all sellers. it's just my impression that ebid is so seller friendly it effects the balance of the site.

I also tried ebid as an alternative to ebay, had three goes so far but am still finding buyers are scarce on e.bid. I listed 10 of my 100 items to test the water again, set prices cheaper than I sell on ebay and my website but no buyers but I'm still getting about 100 buyers a month from ebay and about 50 from my website. Somethings lacking here and whoever can solve it should make a fortune.

Forum Newbie
    Barrow In Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    View jm463's Feedback (+4)
    All-About jm463
    View jm463's Listings
    Forum Posts

exactly my experiance. i actually ran auctions of the same items at the same time on ebid and ebay with the ebid ones a fair bit cheaper. it was the ebay ones that sold. i think the only people who have heard of ebid are dissatified ebayers (via ebays forums). it's a sellers paradise from the fees point of view but unfortunatly this means ebid cannot raise enough revenue to spend money publishising itself

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBaron View Post
    I also tried ebid as an alternative to ebay, had three goes so far but am still finding buyers are scarce on e.bid. I listed 10 of my 100 items to test the water again, set prices cheaper than I sell on ebay and my website but no buyers but I'm still getting about 100 buyers a month from ebay and about 50 from my website. Somethings lacking here and whoever can solve it should make a fortune.
    I just had a look at your auctions and see that you have all of them as run till sold. The biggest problem with that is they are always near the bottom of the listings just before the start at 1st bid auctions. As you only have a few items it would be much better for you to do count down auctions. There are plenty of threads in the forums to help you make the most of your listings.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Post links from your feebay page to your ebid auctions. I've been doing it for several months now and it has increased the traffic to my shop as well as increasing sales. If you look up my user name on there 'the_retro_trader' you will see what i have done. I usually list the item on feebay then post a link to this site showing the same item but cheaper. It works.

Another thing is we still need a lot more diversity on this site i.e if you type in ecto 1 (the ghostbusters car and a fairly iconic item) it simply does not exist on this site. Therefore when somebody types the same thing into google shopping it won't give any results for ebid. So what have i done.......bought and ecto 1 with various ghostbuster items from feebay and i shall be listing them during next week. I deal in toys so if there is a major toy which i don't see for sale on this site i'm going to try and make it available. I have been doing this for other items such as he-man, thundercats, micro machines etc.

So what i'm saying is whatever other sellers may deal in (china, glass, jewellery etc) if you see a gap in the market then try and plug it on here. It will increase traffic from google shopping, give sellers what they are looking for and also give buyers more choice and confidence in shopping on here. It will also keep them coming back.

I have my own collection of vintage toys and video games which i list on here when i can. They would probably sell much quicker on feebay but i'm in no rush for them to a massive cut out of my hard work.

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

New sellers are flocking to eBid daily because they are searching for an alternative to **ay, but the buyers have no reason to.If they are not aware that eBid exists they are not going to find us unless they are pointed in this direction.
    Google search helps if they are looking for a specific item but it doesn't bring in the browsers.
    On a lighter side we need somebody to sell an outrageous item on here that hits the headlines then everyone will know it exists!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its a fact that buyers are harder to find here than on the other side but they are out there.
    I think you have to work harder at it,some of the advertising you have to do yourself on forums and trying to get links and mentions where ever you can.A lot of my buyers on here seem to be coming from outside the UK and thats an encouraging sign.
    I struggled at first here but you just have to keep plugging away,I also think its a mistake to be too cheap,people associate that with poor quality.

Thread Information