eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: is ebid missing the oppotunity of a lifetime

View victorfrank's Feedback (+160)
    All-About victorfrank
    View victorfrank's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    When the bid price is 50p and BIN is 75p what would be the point of best offer on the item. Best offer may work for collectibles, I wouldn't know as I don't buy or sell them I always set the min I will accept and the amount I would prefer and the difference is normally no more than a couple of quid.
    As you say, it may depend on what you sell. Elsewhere, I sell most of my items on 'Best Offer'. Internet selling is not my main source of income, but I have had my best two months ever on sellbay - turnover and net profit (four figure months) - using 'Best Offer'. I never used to use it; I am now a convert.

However, 'horses for courses'. Plus, I am against compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by victorfrank View Post
    I'm not sure how giving the buyer a choice of Bid or BuyNow is allowing you the same opportunity as Best Offer, but I have long ago given up arguing about such things on eBid, so, if it helps, I will agree with you.

In any case, I will join you at the barricades, red flag flying, at the slightest hint of compulsion, force, obligation, reduction of choice or any other curtailing of the rights of the seller. Aux armes, comrade!

IMO it isn't but I think it was being suggested as a way of separating Auctions & Fixed Price, a separation I do not believe necessary.

The whole point is pretty moot (thanks Astral ) anyway, until the 5th we won't know what new options are or are not available to sellers. I certainly hope none of the existing ones are restricted in any way.

Happy New Year to you all

I'm off to dose up on lemsip again before I have to brave the New Year revellers , the fireworks have been going off for the last hour or so
    Last edited by Gothicina; 1st January 2010 at 06:14 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    The whole point is pretty mute anyway...
    ..or even moot...

<ducks and runs away>

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    ..or even moot...

<ducks and runs away>

You got me,

blame it on the cotton wool in my head, I hadn't even noticed.

Although maybe being mute on the whole subject until after the revamp wouldn't be too bad an idea.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    I totally agree. A store should be a store,but there is nothing to stop a potential buyer from haggling if they don't like the BIN price and make an offer. The seller can only say yes or no.
    I see eBid as a marketplace rather than an auction site,and too many are comparing it to e**y rather than starting something new.
    Here here , I agree completely.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    And a store item is BIN... no bids.
    As I remember how it worked on eBay, way, way back then when I had a store there. I would place most of my items in my store as BIN's (only option available for store listings) with 30 day listings at greatly reduced listing fees and I would place a few of my items on live auctions with starting bid prices at much higher listing fees.

That is not the case here on eBid. A store or stores for me means I can group my items in their relevant area and not have them all jumbled up with each other. And I like that we can use either BIN or auction start prices or even a combination of both.

BTW when you offer both options and a buyer decides to start the bidding, then the BIN disappears.

x

Thread Information