Thread: is ebid missing the oppotunity of a lifetime

Forum Newbie
    Barrow In Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom
    View jm463's Feedback (+4)
    All-About jm463
    View jm463's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default is ebid missing the oppotunity of a lifetime

hi, im another one of those dissulusioned ebayers. i gave ebid a go a year ago with no luck. im having another go now but am pretty pessimistic. it's a shame because ebayer's are crying out for a genuine alternitive, the new free p+p is the last straw for many. the fees on ebid are great but i find the homepage cluttered and listing slow and clumsey. if ebid's site was as user friendly as say play or priceminister i think it could have a real chance of moving forwards. it's just not very buyer friendly as it is. does anyone else think simplifying and uncluttering the pages would improve the experiance for would be buyers? also there will never be a better time than now, leave it too long and ebay might start to reverse some of their kamikase policies!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's little point on commenting on how the site works now, since there's a new one due any day now... though "any day now" is about as accurate as we can get with the timing, alas.

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm surprised you think listing is slow and clumsy.
    I started selling on here a few months back and find it much easier and quicker to list here than on Eb*y.
    With my listings it is just as easy for me to change the photo, title and part of the description individually than it is to use a bulk listing programme, etc. With Eb*y this means waiting for 3 pages to load, I find Eb*y's pages slow to load sometimes, whereas on Ebid listing individual items (Once I've uploaded my images) is far quicker and easier... It just takes a bit of getting used to if you're not used to it.

Hopefully Ebid's new site will look a bit less cluttered.

Forum Newbie
    All-About jm463
    View jm463's Listings
    Forum Posts

i didn't know that. that's good news. but any day now sounds like too late for christmas!

Forum Newbie
    All-About jm463
    View jm463's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi, i do find it slow, but yes so is ebay. compared to sites i mentioned both ebid and ebay come off poorly. also for whatever reason i find i am constantly having to resign in as i list evan though i have ticked the sign in for 24 hours box. i tried listing 5 or 6 items in one sitting and had to relog in 4 times! thats clunkey and slow!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jm463 View Post
    hi, i do find it slow, but yes so is ebay. compared to sites i mentioned both ebid and ebay come off poorly. also for whatever reason i find i am constantly having to resign in as i list evan though i have ticked the sign in for 24 hours box. i tried listing 5 or 6 items in one sitting and had to relog in 4 times! thats clunkey and slow!
    If you have ticked the box to remain signed in and still get logged out then you are likely blocking cookies from eBid.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I actually find listing here on Ebid quicker and smoother than the other auction site. I'm not a shop though, so have never done any trade with Play or amazon.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd agree with that,I've had no problems listing here and find the site pretty quick to load etc.
    Maybe the site has a slightly dated look about it but it certainly is providing plenty of buyers at the moment!

hi, im another one of those dissulusioned ebayers. i gave ebid a go a year ago with no luck. im having another go now but am pretty pessimistic. it's a shame because ebayer's are crying out for a genuine alternitive, the new free p+p is the last straw for many. the fees on ebid are great but i find the homepage cluttered and listing slow and clumsey. if ebid's site was as user friendly as say play or priceminister i think it could have a real chance of moving forwards. it's just not very buyer friendly as it is. does anyone else think simplifying and uncluttering the pages would improve the experiance for would be buyers? also there will never be a better time than now, leave it too long and ebay might start to reverse some of their kamikase policies!

Every site is different, but they work pretty much work the same. Most sellers use several daily, with little problem.

Appearance or user friendly features are not as important an issue as number of daily auctions, positive daily growth, and number of buyers/sellers who use the site. Those factors make or break a site financially so should be a major concern to the seller.

This is the very reason why ebid is getting so many new buyers and sellers!

i didn't know that. that's good news. but any day now sounds like too late for christmas!

Holiday selling is in high gear NOW on ebid. Probably will keep going for another two weeks, then slow. Rather than risk a fiasco like we saw on feebay over weekend (searches shut down completely following a scheduled upgrade), ebid mayt the upgrade off for a bit.

Two choices, use as is and make holiday sales, or put off listing until the changes are made. However, the changes may not be exactly what you feel are needed.

Thread Information