eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1944 D/D wheat penny

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 1944 D/D wheat penny

Does anyone know the value of a 1944 D/D wheat penny? I have not been able to find any info on it.

Thanks for any help you may have.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Drop this lady a line - she may be able to help you

Sweetwheatz

http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...heir-all-about

She does visit the forums cos she left a post to be added to my web sitse (thats how I know she deals in wheat coins) so a pm via the forums may work.

Good luck
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

I just checked the Red Book (2009 edition) and this penny isn't listed. Did you mean the 1944 D/S? That's listed at $125.00 in VF-20 and of course goes up from there.

If it's a doubled D, you may have something really rare! It might even be worth a trip to a brick and mortar coin dealer.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have seen some people list 1944 D as 1944D Denver, but the D stands for Denver. The 1944 D/D is a 1944 D Penny. Value is based on grade. In BU (bright uncirculated) gems seen em offered from $1.32 through $5; they are worth whatever someone is inclined to bid for them. Have seen em graded by NGC for around $28.00; PCGS graded would be worth more. If the coin is circulated, probably not worth more than $0.50 Beauty and worth is in the eyes of the beholder. I prefer graded NGC and PCGS coins from reputable sellers if planning to collect them. I sell graded coins, proof coins, and nice circulated coins.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I just checked the Red Book (2009 edition) and this penny isn't listed. Did you mean the 1944 D/S? That's listed at $125.00 in VF-20 and of course goes up from there.

If it's a doubled D, you may have something really rare! It might even be worth a trip to a brick and mortar coin dealer.
    D=Denver Mint
    S=San Francisco Mint
    D/S= coin from either mint

Note: wouldn't hurt to take it to a shop or put up a high definition photo for comments.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Drop this lady a line - she may be able to help you

Sweetwheatz

http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...heir-all-about

She does visit the forums cos she left a post to be added to my web sitse (thats how I know she deals in wheat coins) so a pm via the forums may work.

Good luck
    Thanks Babs, will check.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

Thanks Tias, It is 1944 D/D (red?) circulated but although I have found info on other D/D pennies I have not been able to find anything on one for 1944.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Have seen some people list 1944 D as 1944D Denver, but the D stands for Denver. The 1944 D/D is a 1944 D Penny. Value is based on grade. In BU (bright uncirculated) gems seen em offered from $1.32 through $5; they are worth whatever someone is inclined to bid for them. Have seen em graded by NGC for around $28.00; PCGS graded would be worth more. If the coin is circulated, probably not worth more than $0.50 Beauty and worth is in the eyes of the beholder. I prefer graded NGC and PCGS coins from reputable sellers if planning to collect them. I sell both graded coins and nice circulated coins.
    Thanks Burgy, Since I had seen some double stamped pennies were listed at higher prices I thought I would see if this one might be worth actually checking into and getting it graded. I really don't know much about coins but the thing that made me more curious is that I have never found mention of one anyplace I have searched. If it is really a rarity, I thought maybe the D/D may be worth more than the D as I had found where the D/S was. It may only be worth $0.50 though. Or only $0.01.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

D=Denver Mint
    S=San Francisco Mint
    D/S= coin from either mint

Note: wouldn't hurt to take it to a shop or put up a high definition photo for comments.

I will see if this shows well enough to see it.

">
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Thanks Babs, will check.

Thanks Tias, It is 1944 D/D (red?) circulated but although I have found info on other D/D pennies I have not been able to find anything on one for 1944.

Thanks Burgy, Since I had seen some double stamped pennies were listed at higher prices I thought I would see if this one might be worth actually checking into and getting it graded. I really don't know much about coins but the thing that made me more curious is that I have never found mention of one anyplace I have searched. If it is really a rarity, I thought maybe the D/D may be worth more than the D as I had found where the D/S was. It may only be worth $0.50 though. Or only $0.01.
    If the D/D stands for double die, and it's an error coin, than you should definitely have it looked at in a coin shop. Value will still be impacted by grade. Won't be worth $0.50

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I will see if this shows well enough to see it.

">
    Yes Yes D/D............have it looked at in shop. Can you do a front & back of the whole coin. I'm nosy.

All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the D/D stands for double die, and it's an error coin, than you should definitely have it looked at in a coin shop. Value will still be impacted by grade. Won't be worth $0.50
    Thanks, I may see if I can find a brick and mortar shop to get an idea.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

Thread Information