Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: The importance of knowing your product.

Forum Lurker
    View sweetwheatz's Feedback (+38)
    All-About sweetwheatz
    View sweetwheatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default The importance of knowing your product.

Nothing turns people away from an auction site more than dealers that appear that they don't know what they are doing. This can be from different reasons.

One thing that I hate is over inflated prices. I have seen many stores where the asking prices are much, much more than the products are really worth. If a customer happens to stumble upon this store, would they continue to look at different stores?
    I myself would not. It makes the whole site that hosts everyones store look less legit.

Another thing I have noticed is that many auctions have incomplete discriptions. Answer everything that the customer may ask in the description. If you can't answer something, do the research to find out. Ask yourselves, would you buy this item with the description. I know that some items are truly unique and may be difficult to reasearch, but at least try.

STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT 100%, SHOW CONFIDENCE AND KNOWELDGE IN YOUR PRODUCT. TRUST IS THE KEY TO SALES!

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've seen poorly constructed auctions here and on other sites, most of the time it just looks like a half-baked copy and paste job, sentences that abruptly end, and poor (sometimes no) pictures.

As for pricing, eBay sellers are probably the worst for this; yes, there are plenty of competitively priced items, but there are also plenty of vastly over priced items, more so than on eBid I think. I also find it incredulous that sellers get away with calling things 'very rare' when they're clearly not, otherwise they wouldn't be selling them for those prices.

I've always tried to be honest in my descriptions and will provide links to further information I've found online about the item, manuals etc. A good photo also goes a long way to selling an item, and on eBid it's free to include as many photos as one likes (Seller+ Lifetime).
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information