Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Does zero feedback affect new sellers auctions?

Forum Newbie
    View Casa1712's Feedback (+145)
    All-About Casa1712
    View Casa1712's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Does zero feedback affect new sellers auctions?

As a new member and store owner on eBid, I have been unable to import my 100% feedback from eBay where I had a store and bought and sold for over the past three years. I tried to import my feedback from eBay by clicking on "import FB" on "MY eBid Page, but either I am dumber than I thought I was or there wasn't enough information provided, I have been unable to do so. If anyone could please let me know how to go about this or point me to the procedures, I would be most grateful.

Good positive feedback is very important, I think, to gain the buyers trust in purchasing an item from someone they have never bought from before and has no feedback at all. I have five auctions going now and a lot of viewers, but so far have had no sales. At the good advise of an email from eBid's Support Team, I edited my auctions accordingly, so perhaps I am just being a little too impatient. I have a good friend also who is a new eBid member, Toyladi Store 1, who signed on as a Seller+ (like myself) and she has about 34 running with lots of viewers but no offers so far.

I am in the process of getting all my previous buyers email addresses and/or phone numbers and letting them know about my eBid Store, "Yvonne's Treasure Chest," and my friend is doing the same thing. I really believe this will help and also let them know there is a great auction site other than eBay. We are also letting many of our Buyer and Seller friends from eBay know as there are so many who are dissatisfied with the new and unfair changes by eBay that is making it hard for them to make a decent profit, I am sure they will all be happy to know that and will come join us!

Yvonne

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome!! I hope you have great success......you have found the friendliest place and the most helpful people here!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

To import your feedback you have to go via Repatoo. Though there is a school of thought (of which I am a member) that says importing feedback is a mistake. Better to show confidence in yourself and the site by standing on your ebid-earned feedback. You can always kick-start this by taking part in the monthly charity auctions, or by buying a few essentials supplies. I actually think that buying at least one item from a site is extremely useful if you want to sell there, since it means you have seen the purchase process for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    To import your feedback you have to go via Repatoo. Though there is a school of thought (of which I am a member) that says importing feedback is a mistake. Better to show confidence in yourself and the site by standing on your ebid-earned feedback. You can always kick-start this by taking part in the monthly charity auctions, or by buying a few essentials supplies. I actually think that buying at least one item from a site is extremely useful if you want to sell there, since it means you have seen the purchase process for yourself.
    I totally agree !
    Imported feedback just appears as a number, normally in blocks of 125 at a time I think, which IMO looks completely unimpressive.
    Once you start to receive feedback, the actual number is completely irrelevant, the only thing that really matters is if you receive an unjustified negative.
    Fortunately, on this site, unjustified negative feedback can be removed. :)

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Buying odds and sods is one way to get a start on the feedback ladder and as Kimbo says you get to use the purchase system which gives you an understanding of how it works.
    I'm hoping to see more car stuff entered on ebid as thats one of my main interests.So if anyones clearing out their garage of old stuff they no longer need..........

Thread Information