Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ebay free postage & packaging

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    it still looks the same to me ???.... i am giving them a voucher for x anount...which they then use through paypal,,,to buy my stuff ???.
    sorry Craig , I just cannot get my head round this one....
    is there anyone else out there feels the same...or am I the only who cannot see this ???..............c'mon folks , a wee bit input please.....papa
    You have it right papa.

But Craig knows his customers, and if they are willing to redeem a coupon and come back. If he has lots of return customers, it will work well. Some people really like coupons.

I don't "do" coupons myself, and don't like the discount cards every store in US seems to be issuing either. Especially smaller stores who issue a little paper card that gets punched when you buy. Wish I did not have to carry anything, that THEY kept track. But what I like/hate does not matter.

I give a discount when people buy more than one item that increases to 30% off if they buy three or more.. My customers like it and I gets lots of multiple sales.

My take on this is if you attract more sellers they list more goods. Kind of like a snowball rolling downhill, it grows as it moves along. As more and more goods are listed more product shows up on Google attracting more folks (buyers and sellers alike) to this site and really costs eBid nothing.

Take it one step further and attract Powersellers from greedbie by offering them premium membership for free if they join the ranks. The Powersellers are capable of listing a lot of goods in a very short time. (quicker if you had a good bulk listing program)

Then continue to offer a 50% or better 75% membership discount to all other sellers (non-Powersellers). More sellers goods bring more buyers a win-win situation for eBid and sellers alike. I know Ebid gives something up here, but they will make up the difference in the additional fvf for sold goods. More items sold means more fvf for management.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justcloseouts View Post
    My take on this is if you attract more sellers they list more goods. Kind of like a snowball rolling downhill, it grows as it moves along. As more and more goods are listed more product shows up on Google attracting more folks (buyers and sellers alike) to this site and really costs eBid nothing.

Take it one step further and attract Powersellers from greedbie by offering them premium membership for free if they join the ranks. The Powersellers are capable of listing a lot of goods in a very short time. (quicker if you had a good bulk listing program)

Then continue to offer a 50% or better 75% membership discount to all other sellers (non-Powersellers). More sellers goods bring more buyers a win-win situation for eBid and sellers alike. I know Ebid gives something up here, but they will make up the difference in the additional fvf for sold goods. More items sold means more fvf for management.
    It is soooooo cheap now here.... I am sure if we had 20% more buyers, sellers would get the word.
    Powersellers do NOT need a discount from the low cost here presently.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    It is soooooo cheap now here.... I am sure if we had 20% more buyers, sellers would get the word.
    Powersellers do NOT need a discount from the low cost here presently.
    Some folks need some type of incentive to get them off "dead center"

Some folks need some type of incentive to get them off "dead center"
    2%FVF isn't good enough ????

It's good enough for me, I came over.

I thought the idea of this conversation was to throw our ideas out for all to see without attitude

I thought the idea of this conversation was to throw our ideas out for all to see without attitude
    Interesting the ending of the $49 lifetime no listing seems to be attracting more sellers. I have gotten quite a few feebay sellers to look at ebid, join, but not as sellers. Baby steps. Now that there is a deadline to save $50, they are a lot more interested and know they have to get off the fence soon.

I agree with you about drawing in sellers and buyers. It snowballs. More the merrier. The fact the ebid does it a bit different, i.e. seller can put all their stock on for free, is unusual concept for the feebay people. They could do the stores discount thing, but it still cost them to keep stock up and running plus monthly fee for store. Here you can put on 10,000, not spend a penny until sold. Of course some outsiders see that as "look, no one sells anything"!!

I agree, but it is not necessary to give away the store either. Being the #1 alternative site means ebid will attract sellers/powersellers anyway. The numbers sell the site, and the good relationship ebid has with buyers/sellers cements it nicely. Most sellers realize going with a site with only 10,000 daily auctions is not going to work and ain't worth their trouble.

Selling is hard work, not only listing, invoicing etc but keep tax records, buying more goods, etc. etc A site that makes that easier will also attract more sellers.

It is. ebid peruses the forums and our conversations/suggestions often are used. Often a little spark of something, can get everyone thinking of a better way to do something.

And most members forget that the forums get downloaded to google too! Best to appear interested, nice, etc, because comments made help to sell more of their googies, or not.

Thread Information