eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ebay free postage & packaging

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

When looking for some side cutters the other day I found a whole raft of tools for sale, just about every power tool going, and all from one professional looking seller. No doubt it was a proper business, possibly a shop too. I though it was a very encouraging thing to see. I don't know how competitive the prices were as I'm not up on power tools, no doubt better than B&Q at any rate.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Building the stockpile takes time. Most of us have lots of stuff and don't put some of it on because we think no one will be interested.

Would be helpful if people told us what they could not find, so those with those items can add them. I know we have the "want" section, but no one seems to use that.

If we don't know ya want it we can't add it.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Trouble is you can't really lay the blame at the customer's door, Delta. Most customers aren't going to come on here, not find what they want and then start posting a wanted ad in the hope somebody who has the item is going to see it and respond and then sell it to them at the price they want to pay - least not when they can go somewhere else and find it straight away.

What it needs, as has been said before, is for sellers to take the risk (and it is a risk in many cases) and to post their items here - that's the only way you are truly going to get variety.
    Hopefully though, with ePig messing sellers about and particularly in the mass selling markets, then sellers will start to think eBid is 'worth the risk.'

Look at it this way, over the last few weeks I have searched on here for:
    Clarks Boots
    Feroglobin
    Duct/Gaffa Tape
    Spin Dryer
    Dog diapers (don't ask!)
    ... and numerous books

So far I think I bought one book.
    Okay, so the spin dryer is a bit of a wild card - but the boots, duct tape and books (mass market) certainly weren't.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of the sellers on here are doing a heck of a job promoting the site, Gothicina alone deserves a medal for how many stickers and bits of paper she puts in and on her packages, but until we get word out there to more sellers that stuff here sells, then customers (Like I was) are going to be disappointed - and we don't want that.

Forum Diehard
    All-About ArtisanUK
    Forum Posts

I really don't think that is a reasonable thing to expect potential customers to do, Naturelady.
    The search is there for a reason, and if people don't pull up what they want to buy from a search then they simply go elsewhere.
    They don't have a natural loyalty to the site - that is something we have to build up by getting things right.

I don't think that at present Ebid is big enough to be all things to all people, so perhaps we should start by concentrating on one or two categories and when they have built up start picking the others off one or two at a time. Media, books and DVDs seems a good choice to start with, because there is already a lot of heat being generated over the free P&P issue, so it should be easier to exploit this by promoting Ebid on the back of any discussion. Be honest, the sellers need to build up their stocks before buyers come in droves, but the Ebid fee structure makes this relatively painless for sellers in the meantime.

Forum Diehard
    All-About ArtisanUK
    Forum Posts

I completely agree, LC.

Started my own plan of action already.

The thing is, prior to this the risks involved for those wanting to sell on here appeared large and so few were willing to take them. As ePig (or, as it is better known, 'Eeee, PIG) increase the pressures on sellers and make it harder for them to sell, their profits, although before despite diminishing probably were sustainable, are now becoming unmaintainable. Essentially they are leaving sellers with no other option than to leave (the risks outweighing the reward) Where to go - now that is the issue? eBid is still seen by many as being a risk, but it does have its positives. You can't auction stuff on the big river, so with some goods may limit your potential profit. It doesn't do collectibles, so that's a no-no.

As I said, if it's managed properly then I think sellers will start to take the risk ... hopefully they come in droves after Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanUK View Post
    I completely agree, LC.

Started my own plan of action already.

The thing is, prior to this the risks involved for those wanting to sell on here appeared large and so few were willing to take them. As ePig (or, as it is better known, 'Eeee, PIG) increase the pressures on sellers and make it harder for them to sell, their profits, although before despite diminishing probably were sustainable, are now becoming unmaintainable. Essentially they are leaving sellers with no other option than to leave (the risks outweighing the reward) Where to go - now that is the issue? eBid is still seen by many as being a risk, but it does have its positives. You can't auction stuff on the big river, so with some goods may limit your potential profit. It doesn't do collectibles, so that's a no-no.

As I said, if it's managed properly then I think sellers will start to take the risk ... hopefully they come in droves after Christmas!
    Good plan, and unlike Epig sellers, we don't have to pay to list our items. All the more reason, as you say, to take the risk on unusual items.

And remember, $4000 for the seller who puts in the 4,000,000 auction listing!!!! I bet we reach there before Easter!

And free items for the buyers who find the treasure items!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    it still looks the same to me ???.... i am giving them a voucher for x anount...which they then use through paypal,,,to buy my stuff ???.
    sorry Craig , I just cannot get my head round this one....
    is there anyone else out there feels the same...or am I the only who cannot see this ???..............c'mon folks , a wee bit input please.....papa

A bit too complicated for me too. I send out a flyer/invoice with each transaction/sale I have along with a business card with my eBid & eB-y store links.
    Last edited by queenofdeals73; 13th December 2009 at 05:12 AM.

Click on the link below to join eBid.net as it's FREE and who pays perks for you to shop!!

eBid Buddies

Visit my eBid store for more auctions!

2 Find the Best Deals Online

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

we are still in the credit crunch yet i think

Thread Information