eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ebay free postage & packaging

Thumbs up eBid Advertise

eBid Advertise and Let us all Move Forward

I cannot understand when you mention that eBid should advertise on the Television why so many on Ebid members come up with it costs to much why should ebid pay etc. Its no good saying I dont pay listing fees and saving money, if nobody knows your site is there, you dont sell anything and your site only becomes a storeroom.
    If it does not pay why are there so many advertisements on the tele for other companies.
    It boosts sales and the bring's awareness, in other words hey look I'm here.
    If eBid advertise in the UK it will bring more buyers and sellers to everyone's site overnight, eBid will automatically recoup their expenses from the extra revenue which will be developed by the advertising, so why bury your head in the sand? You must speculate to accumulate," communication and communicate" are two very important words in any business.
    EBID THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR THE PICKING.
    Happy Christmas to all eBid Staff, and to everyone else who may read this thread, Happy Holidays.
    Colin dingledell2books

I was not a power seller on feebay. I am only an occassional seller, selling things that belonged to me or someone close to me. I am doing my part by sending out the links to ebid and telling those I am associated with about the fee structure here. One added benefit is finding our items by googling. While I agree Television ads are very high priced, what about advertising online. Much cheaper and reaches the internet audience.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default buyers needed

We certainly need BUYERS

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    My daughter used to list a lot of books at 99p - ie free listing. Now they charge her 10p a book - and they take the fvf on the whole amount, not just the price of the book - the pennies really add up. Needless to say she is moving after the Xmas/NewYear period...

Oh, so on a $5 book with shipping costing $2, the listing would be $7 for book. VFV on $7 is more than a few pennies. Clever, wonder how much that makes feebay on an average day?

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

slick advertising works

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    slick advertising works

Sad way to make money and goof up the seller's US taxes. A seller can declare that amount an expense on income taxes (thus does not pay income tax on that portion) but still has overpaid fees to feebay on something that was not part of the selling price.

How do they justify this stuff? I suppose this falls under "business as usual"? Theft is theft, I hope they enjoy every penny of those overcharges, certainly it can not buy them a better reputation!

Quote Originally Posted by dingledell2books View Post
    eBid Advertise and Let us all Move Forward

I cannot understand when you mention that eBid should advertise on the Television why so many on Ebid members come up with it costs to much why should ebid pay etc. Its no good saying I dont pay listing fees and saving money, if nobody knows your site is there, you dont sell anything and your site only becomes a storeroom.
    If it does not pay why are there so many advertisements on the tele for other companies.
    It boosts sales and the bring's awareness, in other words hey look I'm here.
    If eBid advertise in the UK it will bring more buyers and sellers to everyone's site overnight, eBid will automatically recoup their expenses from the extra revenue which will be developed by the advertising, so why bury your head in the sand? You must speculate to accumulate," communication and communicate" are two very important words in any business.
    EBID THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR THE PICKING.
    Happy Christmas to all eBid Staff, and to everyone else who may read this thread, Happy Holidays.
    Colin dingledell2books
    ebid does come up on google searches, the most widely used search engine, so each time our items show, it is an advertisement for ebid. Many of our new buyers come in this way, very effective and it costs nothing.

ebid also shows up where it is important in all the stats on the web. check out powersellerunite.com to see ebid's position. It is #2 right behind feebay OR you could say it is the #1 alternate auction site. We did not have to pay for this and this fact is why many sellers are chosing to come here instead of going to smaller sites.

Looking at $500,000 for a minute of advertising time on tv is not within the reach of many sites. Very ineffective advertising (reaches non users in record numbers), advertising on the web is more effective, and ebid is doing this. Cruise around and note the ebid adverts.

We still tell new sellers that the best advertising is to bring your old customers over. These are tried and true good buyers that are interested in your things and later our things. This costs nothing either.

Yes you have to spend money to make money but when you are talking about millions of dollars in a dismal world economy, the money is best spent putting in site improvements. This is what ebid is doing now.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Probably going to get shot down in flames for this one ... but never mind;

I used to think that TV advertising would help, but have to say that at the moment I don't think it would.
    I'm saying this as a buyer and that is because although eBid is getting more items for sale there still isn't enough variety.
    Over the past few months I've bought quite a few things online, and although I didn't find a lot of what I wanted on ePig, I found even less on eBid.

If you advertised on the TV and people did come here searching and then failed to find what they wanted, it could have the reverse desired effect and actually drive people away.

I could give a list of things I wanted and found on ePig in volume, yet when I clicked here I found either one or none of the same. Until we get more sellers here, hopefully those that are diversifying their business from ePig, then I don't think TV advertising would work.

Saying that though, I would still like to see some advertising on the net (don't think I've ever seen any) and I would like to make it easier for potential buyers to find the site (this lack of domain thing is silly)

Also a bit of 'paper' advertising may help, even in the form of editorials etc and I do think that the time is right, ripe even, for getting those sellers desperate to move from ePig but not knowing quite where to go.

Der Boys, really need to listen to sellers now and make sure things like absent sellers etc are shifted off the site PDQ, it needs to make sure the listing categories are right and in accordance with what buyers expect to see (not what sellers would like) and make sure buyers don't have to browse through those terrible similar multiple listings trying to find what they want.(It always happens on free listing sites)

Anyway, I do think things are a-shifting, but I don't think TV advertising would be the right way to shift it.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

It looks like you are getting your wish with absent sellers being shifted,that should make the site look a bit more up to date I think a lot of out of date listings made the site look a bit stagnant.
    Lets hope plenty of sellers list some new stuff to attract more interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanUK View Post
    Probably going to get shot down in flames for this one ... but never mind;

I used to think that TV advertising would help, but have to say that at the moment I don't think it would.
    I'm saying this as a buyer and that is because although eBid is getting more items for sale there still isn't enough variety.
    Over the past few months I've bought quite a few things online, and although I didn't find a lot of what I wanted on ePig, I found even less on eBid.

If you advertised on the TV and people did come here searching and then failed to find what they wanted, it could have the reverse desired effect and actually drive people away.

I could give a list of things I wanted and found on ePig in volume, yet when I clicked here I found either one or none of the same. Until we get more sellers here, hopefully those that are diversifying their business from ePig, then I don't think TV advertising would work.

Saying that though, I would still like to see some advertising on the net (don't think I've ever seen any) and I would like to make it easier for potential buyers to find the site (this lack of domain thing is silly)

Also a bit of 'paper' advertising may help, even in the form of editorials etc and I do think that the time is right, ripe even, for getting those sellers desperate to move from ePig but not knowing quite where to go.

Der Boys, really need to listen to sellers now and make sure things like absent sellers etc are shifted off the site PDQ, it needs to make sure the listing categories are right and in accordance with what buyers expect to see (not what sellers would like) and make sure buyers don't have to browse through those terrible similar multiple listings trying to find what they want.(It always happens on free listing sites)

Anyway, I do think things are a-shifting, but I don't think TV advertising would be the right way to shift it.
    ePig? Love it. LOL.
    What you say makes such good sense. I too have had the experience of not finding an item here and finding dozens of whatever it was over there. But having said that, I have in the last couple weeks sold here two items that were previously listed over there and (obviously) didn't sell. So there's adequately big and too big.

Thread Information