eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ebay free postage & packaging

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    No sales = No FVF
    Sellers are flocking to eBid in their drones because they searched for an alternative to ebay(myself included), but, at the moment, there is no incentive to bring over the buyers.
    I for one would be willing to pay extra FVF if it brought in the buyers.
    Ha ha ha, delta laughs. "I have no incentive"????? How about SALES? Is that incentive enough for you? What is it really, you don't want YOUR customers buying from other sellers on ebid????

Great team spirit and willingness to help ebid grow. That I suspect can be termed the wonderful feebay spirit that feebay nurtured to keep sellers from questioning, grouping together to make demands or defending themselves while feebay sucked em dry.

Result? Some people lost the ability to market their products and market themselves. feebay did that. Sit and we will bring the people to you. Sit and make no effort. Sit and don't learn anything about searchable titles, etc. Just sit and we will do your work. Look where that got you and feebay. They are going down the tubes and you are here wondering if you have any incentive to work again. Oh my!

SO again, you are willing to sit and have everything done for you? Ya, "just raise the prices and I will pay if they bring the customers to me. Then maybe I will work a little?" Really. Then you might work a little? mmmmmmmm?????????

All kidding aside do you know what works? People working together to build a company. Not the management alone, not the workers alone, not the customers alone. EVERYONE. We see it here everyday. Our listings have grown 240,000 in less than two weeks. Everyone working together to list more, have more variety, bring in former customers, help any new people out via the forums, etc, etc, etc. That is how any good company grows and prospers.

I don't see anything about sitting and waiting until you get handed customers on a silver platter.

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    it still looks the same to me ???.... i am giving them a voucher for x anount...which they then use through paypal,,,to buy my stuff ???.
    sorry Craig , I just cannot get my head round this one....
    is there anyone else out there feels the same...or am I the only who cannot see this ???..............c'mon folks , a wee bit input please.....papa
    Like a big shopping center issuing a coupon that customers can use anywhere in the mall (at any store?).

I suppose customers could use the $5 coupon for any purchase anywhere from any seller as long as PP redeemed it?

well said delta.
    op this is a common complaint of newbies fresh for feebay. You have to work at it over here to promote your store if you have in truble then ask the fourm for help there are many ideas/way to promote yourself here.
    TV add has been banded about before just think of it this way will it bring in more buyers/seller????
    can you remember the last time you took notice of an ad?? the only one's you remember are the one's that drive you mad.
    also when is the last time that you saw a web address advertise on tv and rushed off to put it in to you internet explorer??? I don't think i have ever done this and don't think many others do ether.
    TV ads are a waste of time and money for little return why do you think even feebay stop doing them in the uk????
    Promote yourself put your back in to running you own store rather then have everything handed to you break free from the pattern feebay has put you in.
    In short get off you ass and do something your self
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
    It would be excellent if there was some form of incentive offered to draw buyers across - whether it be in the form of a voucher to spend here when they register or something - I don't know.

Buyers will start to drift across when they can no longer find what they want elsewhere - it is up to us as sellers to let as many people as possible know this is the place to find stuff.
    I think I can tackle this one. Problem is that ebid is FREE for buyers and is CHEAPER for buyers to buy things because the sellers don't have the huge fees so the stuff is cheaper here too.

Hard to top free and cheap and offer a buyer more incentive to shop here.

The best incentive of all is for buyers to following their favorite feebay sellers to ebid, plus join ebid for free, plus have the seller offer buyer discounted items. There is actually a whole website devoted to helping feebay buyers find where their favorite feebay sellers went. So I think that human element (favorite seller who was fun to deal with) is very great incentive indeed for buyers to make the move.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    it still looks the same to me ???.... i am giving them a voucher for x anount...which they then use through paypal,,,to buy my stuff ???.
    sorry Craig , I just cannot get my head round this one....
    is there anyone else out there feels the same...or am I the only who cannot see this ???..............c'mon folks , a wee bit input please.....papa
    Craig used the word "discount", I assume it works the same way money off vouchers for the supermarket do.

Fine for a promotion if you're prepared to invest a little cash.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Underestimate I am guessing. Probably like $500,000 for ONE advertisement for one spot for one minute. Better to do that than have former feebay sellers contact all their old customers tell them they moved and ask them to join ebid, eh?

Why not take up a collection or better yet, send us all a bill to pay for it? I learned a long time ago not to waste other people's money or tell them how to spend it.

The solution is right in your hands new sellers, and ebid even helps you by issuing buddy points, contacting the person for you etc. yet sellers refuse to do this. How many customers did you have on feebay? 1000, 2000, 3000 or more? All of us did. NOW is the time to contact every one and get them to buy your stuff here on ebid rather than on feebay.
    No the £190,000 is what the correct price was at typing for a single 30 sec advert (airtime) during the show X factor

Default Passing on the savings

[QUOTE=deltadelta48;1102910]I think I can tackle this one. Problem is that ebid is FREE for buyers and is CHEAPER for buyers to buy things because the sellers don't have the huge fees so the stuff is cheaper here too.

Hard to top free and cheap and offer a buyer more incentive to shop here.

QUOTE]

Could not have said it better myself delta. I can offer items much cheaper on here because i don't have to pay the ridiculous fees which in turn benefits any buyer. I'm also starting to ammend my postage to 'ACTUAL POSTAGE COST' on all of my listings. On feebay i incorporate the 40p listing fee into my postage charges. I'm not supposed to but i do so in order to try and strike up some decent profits.

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

Regarding this voucher, as I see it........
    X buys the voucher from Paypal........
    X gives the voucher to Y as a gift......
    Y logs onto eBid and spends the voucher with Z
    Z gets the voucher value from Paypal.

Simples!!!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are a lot of ways to do free advertising - as I know from founding and now being publicity officer for a non profit community group, and being a media graduate. They work best if everyone mucks in a bit, I did a separate post about how social networking groups and things like Webrings could be used so I wont repeat that here.
    Once I get the rest of my stuff listed up on Ebid, I shall have a promotional week where people who visit to buy things, from my links on Livejournal, facebook etc, get a discount on the final purchase price.

A lot of free media advertising can be got by not submitting an actual ad, but sending off a press release of some news from Ebid - maybe its explosion in size, or opening in new countries, or sales to raise money for charity, on Ebid... anything like that. You would be suprised how many newsletters, newspapers, magazines, etc, would print that type of thing. The trick is, GET EBID INTO THE NEWS! There you are: free mass media advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    well said delta.
    op this is a common complaint of newbies fresh for feebay. You have to work at it over here to promote your store if you have in truble then ask the fourm for help there are many ideas/way to promote yourself here.
    TV add has been banded about before just think of it this way will it bring in more buyers/seller????
    can you remember the last time you took notice of an ad?? the only one's you remember are the one's that drive you mad.
    also when is the last time that you saw a web address advertise on tv and rushed off to put it in to you internet explorer??? I don't think i have ever done this and don't think many others do ether.
    TV ads are a waste of time and money for little return why do you think even feebay stop doing them in the uk????
    Promote yourself put your back in to running you own store rather then have everything handed to you break free from the pattern feebay has put you in.
    In short get off you ass and do something your self
    And I don't know if I am average, but I can't remember who ran even the cute/funny/excellent commercials. For all the money they spend you would think the company name would stick in everyone's mind but it sure doesn't.

It is not an effective way to advertise, which is why that is the first part of the budget to get cut. i.e. feebay did not have a holiday ad campaign last year at all. And this year's is just so-so, so they did not spend as much as the old days.

Thread Information