Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ebay free postage & packaging

Forum Newbie
    Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    All-About gnarlacat
    View gnarlacat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ebay free postage & packaging

its time ebid advertised on telly and elsewhere. the time is ripe because ebay is inflincting free postage and packing for books and dvd on ebay and most sellers are leaving big time. I am not the only one urging you to advertise on great britain tele. get there and advertise big time you could become the number one instead of ebay............listen to us you have been on ebay..................get advertising..........

Have you a spare £190,000 for a 1x30 sec advert for a saturday night?

Would you like the FVF to go up too?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post

No need to increase the FVF....

... they just need to sell 9.5 million items at £10.00 each.

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

No sales = No FVF
    Sellers are flocking to eBid in their drones because they searched for an alternative to ebay(myself included), but, at the moment, there is no incentive to bring over the buyers.
    I for one would be willing to pay extra FVF if it brought in the buyers.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be excellent if there was some form of incentive offered to draw buyers across - whether it be in the form of a voucher to spend here when they register or something - I don't know.

Buyers will start to drift across when they can no longer find what they want elsewhere - it is up to us as sellers to let as many people as possible know this is the place to find stuff.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

I found last night that you can produce vouchers through paypal, which you can set up for purchases on eBid, thus giving us the chance to email people from over that they can purchase vouchers via paypal to use on eBid.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

not sure if I am reading this right craig....are you suggesting we give buyers a voucher to buy something....or put it another way....
    ... pay our buyers to buy ?...as I say , I might be reading it wrong but that is what it looks like yo me......papa.

Didn't explain properly sorry papa, what I meant to say is you can set up a discount voucher through paypal, then once its done you send the voucher link to your buyer either through feebay or paypal to their email addresses, the buyer then clicks the link purchases the voucher from paypal then uses the voucher in your eBid stores, paypal then transfer the amount used via voucher into money. The voucher would then only be valid in the stores its been designed for on eBid
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

it still looks the same to me ???.... i am giving them a voucher for x anount...which they then use through paypal,,,to buy my stuff ???.
    sorry Craig , I just cannot get my head round this one....
    is there anyone else out there feels the same...or am I the only who cannot see this ???..............c'mon folks , a wee bit input please.....papa

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post

Underestimate I am guessing. Probably like $500,000 for ONE advertisement for one spot for one minute. Better to do that than have former feebay sellers contact all their old customers tell them they moved and ask them to join ebid, eh?

Why not take up a collection or better yet, send us all a bill to pay for it? I learned a long time ago not to waste other people's money or tell them how to spend it.

The solution is right in your hands new sellers, and ebid even helps you by issuing buddy points, contacting the person for you etc. yet sellers refuse to do this. How many customers did you have on feebay? 1000, 2000, 3000 or more? All of us did. NOW is the time to contact every one and get them to buy your stuff here on ebid rather than on feebay.

Thread Information