eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please could someone help me

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I have been doing a little card that I update every once in a while, print on colored cardstock for the season. Send to old buyers, hand out to people, etc.

Deltadelta48 has left e*ay
    (and not a moment too soon & has joined ebid.net)

Join me and thousands of other e*ay refugees at ebid.net and on my website _______________.com where online shopping and auctions are fun again!!!

For Sellers: no more listing or relisting fees (2% or less final fees), viruses, silly rules, unfair feedback practices plus you get 5 free photos and 5 free stores with Seller +. Yippee! Happy buyers and sellers!
    For buyers: Lower prices, free to join, and all your e*ay favorite sellers are here too. Join the happy group today.

ebid.net is a UK based company that is #2 for online auctions (see powersellersunite.com for stats). 3 million daily auctions, plenty of sellers and buyers. Even the forums are fun.

my store links:
    _______
    ________
    _______
    _______
    _______
    Check out my website and my ebid stores for bargains in vintage bedspreads, tablecloths, doilies, runners, dolls, cookbooks, advertising, and more Victorian and Edwardian linens too.

Monthly sales & daily goodies for your viewing and buying pleasure. Items added often. Second items always ship free and there are discounts for 2nd, 3rd, etc, items too. This month second items are also discounted 25%, and 3rd, 4th, etc are discounted 30%!!
    Get those holiday gifts early!!

my email address___________

You can fancy it up, put in a frame, send by email, etc, A little blurb for ebid.net and for your website too. Lists your ebid stores, and I have a link to ebid on my website. so everyone gets pulled over to ebid. Goes to buyers and sellers that might be thinking of leaving feebay too.

I left a little room at the bottom of card where I put a little note if I am mailing it. "Just added more vintage cookbooks" or whatever they bought in the past. And I sign the bottom too.

When I do a letter marketing to special groups like Inns and B & B, I do a folksy letter and attach a page of items I have for sale that they might be interested in. Rather than send an email spam, I mailed letters to about 100 Inns, and did get about 4 new buyers!

You of course tailor it to fit your customers, what you sell, if you want to promote your website, your ebid stores, ebid, your stuff, whatever. If you do a big mailing, you might want to make sure you run a sale on ebid, something special so when the new people look up your stuff they see it is on sale, etc. Make it longer, shorter, etc. But get all the important stuff in and you can use the format for handing out at shops, booths, shows, etc.

Hmmmm If I got that it would go right into the Rubbish bin (Sorry) It's Not the content its just that When I see something like this in my inbox I just don't bother reading it and bin it.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View 2Bookworms's Feedback (+164)
    All-About 2Bookworms
    View 2Bookworms's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you for that Delta, its nice seeing what other people write

I would keep it a lot shorter, too long and people can't be bothered to read it.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Hmmmm If I got that it would go right into the Rubbish bin (Sorry) It's Not the content its just that When I see something like this in my inbox I just don't bother reading it and bin it.
    But Red, these are NOT strangers, who hate spam, but customers who need to know where we went when we vanished from feebay overnight (i.e. suspended sellers).

They are buying for Christmas now, we want them to buy that stuff from us. If we were such wonderful sellers, they will remember us, and want to reconnnect with us and NOT think the postcard is garbage.

Sure it is alot of info,but they need it to find ebid and to find us again.

Also we need something to pass around to other interested people at the PO, rummage sale, etc. A card with links does that.

I bet 75% of sellers have NOT contacted old buyers at all. This is an important thing that we all need to do to help ourselves and help ebid.

Sure everyone will do it differently. But point is we have to do it to build our sales and ebid's sales too. And it is not easy to do.
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 10th November 2009 at 05:45 PM.

Thread Information