Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Just Introducing Myself!

Smile Just Introducing Myself!

Hello, Everybody!
    Im Ellie, new member. I just openned new Book Shop.
    Im absolutely overwhelmed by its all.
    Just wanted to know if its a busy website? Cos I joined from the competition
    Im looking forward to see/write with everybody. I think I'll be asking a lot of questions in the near future - sorry for that

Welcome - site much slower that over there but will pick up. I find going to Help and typing in my question takes me to all the past Forums - the information is so helpful. If you can't find it someone here will help. They are lovely (and patient)
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello and welcome to eBid. No shortage of books in Hay On Wye if I understand it correctly - although I have never been there. We will look forward to seeing your listings.

Don't forget to add something to your "all about" page to tell everyone a bit about yourself. I also notice that there is no photo showing on your first listed auction?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Hello and welcome to eBid. No shortage of books in Hay On Wye if I understand it correctly - although I have never been there.
    I have, it's heaven.

Welcome aboard, George. Selling here is a different experience to selling elsewhere - it's slower by a mile, and friendlier by several. A good place for the long haul rather than for a quick turnaround.

I also sell books, and am happy to see more booksellers join - if this place gets a reputation as a good source for print, it's good news for all of us!

Oh, Thank you everyone for your replys!
    What I like about this site you can have two shops as well. My husband is a car mechanic so he will have many car parts to sell.
    Im not worried about slow sales, because there's no monthly fees to pay. So at least Im not counting on my sales to pay it.
    And if you haven't been to Hay On Wye you must visit! Especcialy at the end of May when we have book festval.
    As Bykimbo said: ITS HEAVEN

It is certainly on my list of "places I need to visit one day" - but with more than 30 bookshops to browse around I might never be seen again!!. (You see I have read your "all about" page!!)

You can have FIVE shops as a seller+ if you wish!!

Hello, again everyone! I have so much to say...and don't know where to start!
    1. My ebay shop is closing on Sat 31 October. I felt a bit sad because of my feedback. Its not much but I worked really hard for it. But now Im absolutely extatic because I just learned that you can import feedback here with you! Yey! It is a cheating a bit, but it will be nice to keep my hard work here with me.
    2. I started to advertise ebid on my car. I put a link on the back window stating this website and my shop's name. Sorry, but its a small car and not enough space to fit you all in
    3. On ebay forum I mentioned that Im going to a competition site, I wasn't allowed mention the name ebid. Couple of sellers asked me for info through my messages. Hopefully they'll be coming, too.
    And can I just say what a lovely forum it is! No complaining here or slagging matches...nice happy comunity and Im very proud to be part of it! Even, though, that some of you are my competition
    On that note, good nite everyone and have a great selling weekend!
    I'll be back!

Thread Information