My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 2 extras for knitting

Default 2 extras for knitting

At the moment there is only (thats relevant)
    Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > DK ladies
    Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > DK Gents

Now I have several gents & ladies ones that are not DK (double knit) and do not fall into any of the other patterns categories so could you please add the 2 cats below as it's different (I believe)

Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > Ladies
    Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > Gents

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    At the moment there is only (thats relevant)
    Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > DK ladies
    Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > DK Gents

Now I have several gents & ladies ones that are not DK (double knit) and do not fall into any of the other patterns categories so could you please add the 2 cats below as it's different (I believe)

Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > Ladies
    Crafts & Sewing > Knitting & Crochet > Patterns > Gents

May I suggest an alternative? DK term in US is unheard of. We think of DK as just regular worsted weight yarn (yarn weight here is graded as: baby, sport, worsted weight, chunky). Perhaps dropping that term all together and using your second example for all ladies and gents pattern would be better? Why list according to what kind of yarn you may be using?

And most pattern books will have an assortment of patterns made with an assortment of yarn types.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am with you on that one. ( but then what do most men know about knitting??)

I agree with OP - it's easier to look for the type of pattern rather than the type of wool - 'other' wools are fairly easy to spot anyway ( if people are listing them right, of course!)
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Yes they are listed right, under the type of yarn, you dont ask in a wool shop ladies patterns without asking for the type of yarn, we had all this once before and no one wanted them listed under gents , ladies ect and I for one will not be changing mine I will bin them first after all that work.

While on the subject of knitting: how about a category for yarn as well.
    Unless I've been looking in the wrong place, I could only find one for crochet thread, but not for knitting yarn.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Yes they are listed right, under the type of yarn, you dont ask in a wool shop ladies patterns without asking for the type of yarn, we had all this once before and no one wanted them listed under gents , ladies ect and I for one will not be changing mine I will bin them first after all that work.
    UK has many more knitters than US, we are just starting to get in one the knitting craze (Milwaukee has almost one million people and 2 knitting stores), so I stand corrected. We never ask for patterns for thick or thin yarn, but if that is the way it is usually done, ok with me.

Quote Originally Posted by mainlypostcards View Post
    While on the subject of knitting: how about a category for yarn as well.
    Unless I've been looking in the wrong place, I could only find one for crochet thread, but not for knitting yarn.
    "Yarn and Wool" is a totally separate category (at the end of the Crafts & Sewing list) and is not listed under Knitting and Crochet.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    "Yarn and Wool" is a totally separate category (at the end of the Crafts & Sewing list) and is not listed under Knitting and Crochet.
    Thank you very much for that. I was obviously looking in the wrong place.
    I have some odd balls to list and I also did a search (under knitting and crochet) a while ago and was surprised that there wasn't anything much listed!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to say if I search I always go for all categories

Thread Information