Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feebay on the run?

Forum Lurker
    View jlh1973mu's Feedback (+891)
    All-About jlh1973mu
    View jlh1973mu's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Do people really think that the surveys from them will take peoples view into account?

Yes....feedbay is getting concerned about future competition

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Been on the 'Dark Side' forum and 3 of the top sellers have closed shop today. Am hopeing to see them here with some of their customers
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Newbie
    View GameHQ's Feedback (+937)
    All-About GameHQ
    View GameHQ's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am so glad I made the switch last month. I am a hobby seller and the few things I sell I make a very small profit. Between feebay and paypal on top there is no way to make a profit there any more. The new policies that go into effect in March are crazy. It will take buyers a while to make the move because they are used to it but once all the honest sellers leave because there is no way to stay afloat with all the overhead, I am confident they will find a welcome home here on eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by collecttreasures View Post
    I guess I was one of the lucky ones, They actually called me to take a survey, I told them I closed my store due to pricing and would not be back and told them I started with ebid. Women was but. uh, but uh...Asked her to remove me from calling list...had to tell her twice..She just did not get it.....lol
    They are definately worried !!!
    When feebay reinstated me after my State's Attorney General for Consumer Protection intervened, I let them know I would never be using feebay again. And I was taking the names of my 6000 customers with me! Silence on other end too.

Quote Originally Posted by foxescome View Post
    Been on the 'Dark Side' forum and 3 of the top sellers have closed shop today. Am hopeing to see them here with some of their customers

Once all their listings hit google, they are going to really enjoy it here. On feebay you had to download it to google yourself, here it is done for you hourly. That creates just as many sales as bringing old customers in. All kinds of ways to get sales here.

Quote Originally Posted by GameHQ View Post
    I am so glad I made the switch last month. I am a hobby seller and the few things I sell I make a very small profit. Between feebay and paypal on top there is no way to make a profit there any more. The new policies that go into effect in March are crazy. It will take buyers a while to make the move because they are used to it but once all the honest sellers leave because there is no way to stay afloat with all the overhead, I am confident they will find a welcome home here on eBid.
    And doesn't it seem that the policies over there are getting as messy as 15 cats and a ball of yarn?

A few of my friends had enough and came over, a few are holding out with the attitude of "oh it can't be that bad, maybe it won't cost me more". Those who did the math are shocked at the $50+ a month increase in fees after they plowed thru all the details.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisher989 View Post
    I don't know what to make out of whats going on with Fbay. You look at the Bd they set up the 26th, and sellers are up in arms. But if you look at the Power Seller Bd. Looks to me like most of them folks are as happy as a mouse in a peice of cheese.
    I think some of the smaller sellers / private sellers are annoyed as they realise that they will no longer be wanted as a part of the new Internet Mall, they realise they are being slowly culled to make room for the Outlet sellers, catalogue returns, overstock sellers.

The PS probarbly believe they will still be wanted, are big enough to survive there. The question is are all those PS big enough to compete with the Big Companies?. Will those PS take the place of the small sellers at the bottom of searches?.

Forum Lurker
    Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View MADMAX666's Feedback (+1664)
    All-About MADMAX666
    View MADMAX666's Listings
    Forum Posts

should add and i have not read this whole post so it might already be mentioned.

when you complete the survey usually anyone who says they favour any other auction site from ebay get cut off saying "thanks we have enough answers for that" or something similar

anyway the reason for that is percentages ie those that were cut off did not complete the survey

so ebay spin is 99% of those who completed the survey preferred ebay

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MADMAX666 View Post
    should add and i have not read this whole post so it might already be mentioned.

when you complete the survey usually anyone who says they favour any other auction site from ebay get cut off saying "thanks we have enough answers for that" or something similar

anyway the reason for that is percentages ie those that were cut off did not complete the survey

so ebay spin is 99% of those who completed the survey preferred ebay
    Didn't experience that myself (and I was relelntless in how I marked eBay down) but it may also be geo-related (eBay are pushing hard to build up seller numbers here in Thailand (specifically) and South East Asia (generally) - they appear desperate and frantic in fact, probably because most of the expats are abandoning them due to what eBay UK (who oversee eBay SE Asia) have been doing to outside-of-UK sellers for the last 2 1/2 years.

ebay .co .th (put them together for the url) have even going to the stage of planting staff members for "seller success stories" on their Thai and English language pages to try and hook in new sellers - unfortunately for them, they do not realise how inter-connected the foreign expat community is here, and several who have been to eBay events and seen the faces of Thai/SE Asian staff members have outed the marketing they're using those faces for. What's worse for them is that most expats, currently or previously (like me) selling on eBay, are married to IT-literate Thai wives, who then go online and out them in Thai language forums off eBay.

"Smoke and Mirrors, Lies and Deceit" - seems to be eBay's company ethos & motto lately.

I too am a new person here, and in time I just know it will be the right move, what I have done and encourage all dark side people that also sell here to do is this, go to paypal see all those lovely email addresses that they leave when they purchase from you on the dark side, collect them and then email all those customers and thank them for their purchase and while thanking them tell them about Ebid, your store and your auctions, NOT spam because you are saying thanks. I did this and one hour later bang an 80.00 jacket sold to a dark side customer of mine, and also many 'thank you' emails from people not aware of Ebid, come on lets get this party started.....

Thread Information