Thread: Feebay on the run?

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I agree. Too much to remember already, we have to remember a vanity name change? It would not have made any difference and would have been expensive. Others have done it with no effect whatsoever. i.e. recently a science fiction cable channel changed from SciFi to SyFy, because people pronounced it that way. No other change to programming etc. No effect on anything other than their pocketbooks.

Ebid polishing what they had instead of changing the name was good. Website looks great and we are getting more sales and attention. They are on edge of tremendous growth, why change the name? Now if they bought out feebay,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Perhaps You Are Getting More Sales But I Am Not!
    cheers Tony

A word to the wise...If you get a survey either tell them they are the greatest thing since electricity or delete it. By no means tell any company what you dislike about them or their services. If you choose to vent your gripes to the company keep this in mind...your are feeding right into their hand!! By this I mean, you are giving the company a chance to fix what is wrong before they lose another customer.

If you want true revenge, keep your cool and do nothing. Let the company figure it out for themselves.

Happy Bidding and Many Sales,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by privatelyowned View Post
    A word to the wise...If you get a survey either tell them they are the greatest thing since electricity or delete it. By no means tell any company what you dislike about them or their services. If you choose to vent your gripes to the company keep this in mind...your are feeding right into their hand!! By this I mean, you are giving the company a chance to fix what is wrong before they lose another customer.

If you want true revenge, keep your cool and do nothing. Let the company figure it out for themselves.

Jim
    Unfortunately, I don't think they know what to do with their surveys since they're certainly not listening to the sellers.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by privatelyowned View Post

Jim

Sorry Jim but I disagree in the case of companies - they have a problem in that the policy makers are there for too short a time (usually) and they have insufficient close relationships outside of their VIP customers (the ones who have the ear of the policy makers).

FeeBay does need brought down a peg or two, and I believe the number of publicly announced senior management leaving for other companies, over the last two years, is indicative of either a clear out of dissenters, or indicative of the dissatisfaction amongst staff regarding the policies under Donahoe - either way, internally there is enough messaging that the direction is wrong.

The mass seller defections (paying customers) should also pass them the message, but has not - never forget Donahoe's message in Jan 2008, That eBay would be unrecognisable by year end" and the constant messaging from him and others that those who could not adapt to the new environment would have to leave.

When sellers leave and refuse to feedback to the company, they are playing directly into his policy and reinforcing his arrogance that he is correct. Continuous assertion that he is wrong needs to be directed at the company - for the illumination of other staff, and just maybe for his, and for the shareholders.

This year is supposed to be the last of his three year plan for change. If you want to damage eBay to the maximum, you need to send a hard and clear message that the plan has not worked, and cause another three year disruptive innovation. Otherwise he will sit smugly believing he is the best thing since sliced bread, and eventually their market will stabilise.

Right now providing the feedback to show they got it wrong is the most destabilising thing we small customers can do, due to its effect on the executives' mindset and the need for new/extended plans.

Default Left for Good

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I suspect they are so disorganized at this point, that they can not even help themselves, much less organize to punish users who decided to go elsewhere. Its like the building is burning and no one has any sense to call the fire dept, grab an extinquisher, or just RUN.

Their plans to snag big companies has fallen thru i.e. General Motors stopped listing new cars. No sales in California so no need to go on and sell nationwide. A major disappointment for GM (and feebay). Many of the new policies supported these bigger sellers (i.e. photos can be shared, shipping paid for by seller, etc), so I imagine they are flittering around wondering what to do now. Probably will let the whole mess sit for a while, or send a survey.
    I am so glad I left there everyday it was a new rule and the seller does not matter to them at all you are always in the wrong and they are right.They make you scared to get a bad feedback because of the stupid new feedback policy I have only had one bad one there out of 800+ but I am glad to be gone and glad to be here just waiting to sell something.

http://us.ebid.net/stores/dwittknives-new-store1

I guess I was one of the lucky ones, They actually called me to take a survey, I told them I closed my store due to pricing and would not be back and told them I started with ebid. Women was but. uh, but uh...Asked her to remove me from calling list...had to tell her twice..She just did not get it.....lol
    They are definately worried !!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    Perhaps You Are Getting More Sales But I Am Not!
    cheers Tony
    But what difference would a name change make to sales? We get our sales thru google searches, present ebid buyers/sellers, from traffic from our websites, and our past customers. Is a name change going to magically change anything?

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    Sorry Jim but I disagree in the case of companies - they have a problem in that the policy makers are there for too short a time (usually) and they have insufficient close relationships outside of their VIP customers (the ones who have the ear of the policy makers).

FeeBay does need brought down a peg or two, and I believe the number of publicly announced senior management leaving for other companies, over the last two years, is indicative of either a clear out of dissenters, or indicative of the dissatisfaction amongst staff regarding the policies under Donahoe - either way, internally there is enough messaging that the direction is wrong.

The mass seller defections (paying customers) should also pass them the message, but has not - never forget Donahoe's message in Jan 2008, That eBay would be unrecognisable by year end" and the constant messaging from him and others that those who could not adapt to the new environment would have to leave.

When sellers leave and refuse to feedback to the company, they are playing directly into his policy and reinforcing his arrogance that he is correct. Continuous assertion that he is wrong needs to be directed at the company - for the illumination of other staff, and just maybe for his, and for the shareholders.

This year is supposed to be the last of his three year plan for change. If you want to damage eBay to the maximum, you need to send a hard and clear message that the plan has not worked, and cause another three year disruptive innovation. Otherwise he will sit smugly believing he is the best thing since sliced bread, and eventually their market will stabilise.

Right now providing the feedback to show they got it wrong is the most destabilising thing we small customers can do, due to its effect on the executives' mindset and the need for new/extended plans.
    I agree. There is a book by Jim Collins called How the Mighty Fall and he claims for a company to fail big time, they need:

1. arrogance - think all the success was earned by their smart moves
    2. undisciplined pursuit of more $$$ and success - over reaching without thought or solid reasoning.
    3. denial of peril - never question what if something happens we did not plan on?
    4. Stockdale syndrone - those who survive brutal times do so because they are able to face the facts, not be so optimistic that they think everything will turn out swell. Failing companies still think their genius will save the day.

In every instance above, looks like Mr. D has led his company right down the path to ruin. He is going to redo, change everything for better, etc etc, and right away he loses a big GM contract. GM pulls out, does not want to expand their California sale of cars directly to public all over US. No sales.

Compounded with poor treatment of employees, sellers, allowing buyers to go crazy, etc, etc, he really messed up big time.

I think they know they are in trouble but still believe that they are too smart to stumble. Arrogant to the end.

It should be interesting watching them over the next year. Nothing would surprise me!

Received an email from 'them'. Part of it was:

Starting March 30, 2010 selling on eBay will be a better deal than ever
    List Auction-style FREE--no Insertion Fees--when you start your Auction-style listing under $1

Sounds great, but when you read further the FVF is ridiculous.

Forum Lurker
    View jcersales's Feedback (+162)
    All-About jcersales
    View jcersales's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Received an email from 'them'. Part of it was:

Starting March 30, 2010 selling on eBay will be a better deal than ever
    List Auction-style FREE--no Insertion Fees--when you start your Auction-style listing under $1

Sounds great, but when you read further the FVF is ridiculous.

Not only that fixed price final value fees are going up to 20 cents if you have a regular store and 50 cents if you don't. I can only say I hope this drives more people here.

Thread Information