eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feebay on the run?

Forum Lurker
    View sweetwheatz's Feedback (+38)
    All-About sweetwheatz
    View sweetwheatz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had to fill out a survey because I had an auction pulled for stupid reasons.
    I gave them as little info as I could.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

The chat boards over there are full of dissension: trolls, flamers and post reporters are running rife. I just got another pink slap over a comment I made about the problem, some saddo without a life reported it. There are a few of us who now regard a management slap as a badge of honour.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Gyronny-Books

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Three management slaps and you have to stay behind after class and see teacher.Two more and you get a black star.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    Been doing a bit of spying and just copied this from a feebay forum

My friend .............
    Don't tell me you believe everything you read online?

Now it just so happens that I have in front of me a set of title deeds to a famous bridge in England's capital city ......

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    We tried. No one cared, and it was hard to contact anyone. After I got reinstated (by State of Wisc. Attorney General for Consumer Protection), I told them, no, I would never be back. And I was taking my 5000+ customer list with me. The rep was speechless.
    Probably because you had just confessed to committing THE cardinal sin against the User Agreement you entered into irrevocably, thus giving them cause to appeal the court case you stated you won. I'm surprised your attorney didn't belt you round the back of the head with a baseball bat.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Right. And in feebay's case, PayPal is keeping them all afloat with increased business, so why bother if feebay auctions are lower. In last 5 years their daily auctions went from 100 million a day to 24 million a day.
    Ermmm - No! Try visiting the stats tracking sites and the authoratative blogs and news sites. eBay listings had peaked at 14 million before Donahoe took the helm (excluding during Stores in Core and the Buy.com "accidental" test-dumping to boost numbers immediately before quarter-ends ... three times!)

They are currently running at around 40 million after FP30 / SIF-newBIN and adding the Diamond level powerlisters.- and that's just on the US dot com site. (Any wonder no-one can find anything?)

As one analyst put it, "there have been more listings placed on eBay in 2009 than in all of its previous existence combined since it changed from the AuctionWeb name".

And that is the root problem of many of the non-policy ills sweeping the site nowadays.

Gaz

Forum Newbie
    View ivesondesigns's Feedback (+1807)
    All-About ivesondesigns
    View ivesondesigns's Listings
    Forum Posts

just filled out my feebay survey and if they take notice of what everyone is telling them ebid could be in trouble i told ebay that i want free listing and set final fees, i think that ebid is just letting the ship sail off with out them getting on board it's really quite sad because ebid could be the biggest site in the uk

They have had more reduced cost listing sales lately than they ever did in the past. November 25 (I think) and today are both 50% off auction listing fee days. That says more to me than their surveys.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    They have had more reduced cost listing sales lately than they ever did in the past. November 25 (I think) and today are both 50% off auction listing fee days. That says more to me than their surveys.
    True, but their 'rear end' fees are outrageous for the small seller.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Is it just me or do others find Google Checkout's site very difficult to use?

It seems very difficult to navigate. Go to My Account and it is very unclear how to get back to you sales page again. Most of my time using it is spent in swearing at it.

Also had to accept the new User Agreement tonight - 27 pages of gobbledegook. Like most large sites it is starting to suffer from bloat.
    That's a shame. I find Google Checkout really easy to use and manage. Perhaps you're just too used to PooPal (perish the thought!)
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Forum Lurker
    View sovereignman's Feedback (+16)
    All-About sovereignman
    View sovereignman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    feebay has become a dictator e-bid has an opportunity to move ahead, but will they become agressive enough to do it. ???

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Timeless-T...ry-and-Watches

Forum Newbie
    View diggerman's Feedback (+2306)
    All-About diggerman
    View diggerman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also recieved one and deleted it straight away. I have better things to do with my time. They are not interested in small sellers only the big boys. I haven't done any xmas shopping on their this year which I have always done for the last few years. I can go to the shops and buy the stuff cheaper than is now selling on their.

Thread Information