eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feebay on the run?

View cherokee47's Feedback (+86)
    All-About cherokee47
    View cherokee47's Listings
    Forum Posts

Been doing a bit of spying and just copied this from a feebay forum

My friend (who works for an online company) had a meeting with eBay executives last week who confirmed the business plan is to get rid of consumer sellers from eBay so that it is purely populated by businesses.

We've known this for ages, but it is nice to finally have some proof. They are trying to get the matrix of profit per employee higher and higher - it is already one of the highest around because of the tiny amounts of staff they have working for them!

eBay = a big bunch of crooks (ala the banks, etc!)

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Don't they realise that if that happens then it won't be e*** it'll be am**zon or Argos or similar??
    I'm sure they do, but they don't seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecVinyl View Post
    lol, surveys, nothing more than lip service, infact it's less than that, because it's just automated crap. They just pretending to give a sh@#.
    I ignored it, just like they ignore us.
    I expect they've got a computer scanning through the results, to see which of the competition to target with some underhanded tactics.
    Real sad the whole thing. I remember how much fun it was to shop there, what bargains we got (before bidding went crazy on everything), and how helpful they were if something happened. I had my account hijacked, and they helped in 5 minutes flat. Now no one would care.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by timelord47 View Post
    Been doing a bit of spying and just copied this from a feebay forum

My friend (who works for an online company) had a meeting with eBay executives last week who confirmed the business plan is to get rid of consumer sellers from eBay so that it is purely populated by businesses.

We've known this for ages, but it is nice to finally have some proof. They are trying to get the matrix of profit per employee higher and higher - it is already one of the highest around because of the tiny amounts of staff they have working for them!

eBay = a big bunch of crooks (ala the banks, etc!)

Ah, yes, insiders have claimed this for the last year.

Unfortunately their first BIG customer, General Motors, quit after a month of very lackluster internet sales of cars in California. The plan was to expand sales to all 50 states. GM exec was interviewed on public radio, and he said GM was very disappointed. Few sales, ok traffic, but no way of tracing if listings encouraged people to go to the California lots either (their fault if you ask me--should have thought of that). So they dropped out.

Sad part prior to this, GM closed dealerships all over US, laid off thousands of people and tried to bypass staff to sell directly to public. Plan failed. Good!!!

You can't build a big business success if the first big business you sign quits, criticizes feebay, and claims that the big traffic promised never happened.

Paired with their poor treatment of honest smaller sellers, feebay made too many enemies. Oh boy, wonder what happens next?

Quote Originally Posted by bookman1249 View Post
    [i like you am fed up with febay and there stupid DSR and surveys its like being back at school i am now defecting and just need to work this site out.

QUOTE=mummamorley;1090706]I have defected and just discovered ebid. Still navigating my way around things, but everything seems user-friendly. The final straw came last weekend. I discovered a massive scam going on - 16+ brand new sellers from 4 different countries all selling Ugg boots at less than half price - and they all had EXACTLY the same descriptions (including terrible English and spelling mistakes!) I spent 20 mins trying to inform them by email, finally gave up and spent 20 minutes of my time and money on the phone, and what did they do -NOTHING. Hundreds of people have been ripped off (the negative feedbacks are just beginning to come through) but the scammer has obviously made off with thousands of pounds, and I was told that I had to notify them of every listing number that I thought was a scam - they apparantly don't have the tehcnology to do it themselves (can't be bothered, more likely). And in the meantime it is the small sellers like me who pay the price. Fees have more than trebled since I have been with them, and now I can't even charge the buyer the cost of the stamp in most of the categories I sell so I am in the crazy situation of being out of pocket if my buyer gets a bargain!

I would love to tell them exactly how I feel - not sure they will be in the least bit interested though. Small sellers are defecting by the day (even their telephone team will tell you that - if you get a friendly one) but they really don't care. They are just after the business sellers now
    [/QUOTE]

We tried. No one cared, and it was hard to contact anyone. After I got reinstated (by State of Wisc. Attorney General for Consumer Protection), I told them, no, I would never be back. And I was taking my 5000+ customer list with me. The rep was speechless. Feebay wants us little guys to leave and the buyers to stay. That is why we must make a real effort to get those buyers away from feebay. They figure heavily in feebay's plans to sell all new goods, no collectables, etc.

As far as scams, its their business to figure that out. Should be glad you bothered to contact them. Can't tell me some genius there can not figure out how to spot the scammers, you realized what was going on in 1 minute, they work in the business and can't understand what is going on???? Maybe someone can take 5 minutes each day to look at the boots, purses, athletic shoes and maybe get lucky spotting scammers? Oh well.

Unfortunately they opened the door for that when they allowed pictures to be shared. That was probably to allow the big name companies to come on and share photos of electronics etc. Well that backfired, just makes it easier to list fake or non existent stuff. You don't even need to find a picture!!! Just copy another listing and post it. Geez you can be a scammer for less effort on feebay.

These surveys are a complete waste of time. The only people that they take the slightest bit of notice of are the investors. Post instead on the Wall St blogs that they read, Seekingalpha is a good example but there are many more. Explain why Ebay's sales are falling and its share price is falling relative to Amazon's, you don't need to be a genius to know why. Also take the opportunity to mention Ebid as a viable alternative for buyers and sellers who are looking for a more honest and better value site with first-class customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by leapingcat View Post
    These surveys are a complete waste of time. The only people that they take the slightest bit of notice of are the investors. Post instead on the Wall St blogs that they read, Seekingalpha is a good example but there are many more. Explain why Ebay's sales are falling and its share price is falling relative to Amazon's, you don't need to be a genius to know why. Also take the opportunity to mention Ebid as a viable alternative for buyers and sellers who are looking for a more honest and better value site with first-class customer service.
    Right. And in feebay's case, PayPal is keeping them all afloat with increased business, so why bother if feebay auctions are lower. In last 5 years their daily auctions went from 100 million a day to 24 million a day. Does not seem to concern anyone over there.

Answer is they want no more collectables sales, they want new items from big box buyers instead. Simple. Even this year's holiday ads for feebay are for clothes and sports equipment, not collectables (bet all of you sell collectables there, don't you?).

Our job is to get their customers away one by one by personal invitation. They puts a damper on their plans to use their terrific traffic to sell new times via big sellers only. GM deal fell thru, not enough sales, so can other deals they are making to replace all the smaller buyers.

And also push Google Checkout as a payment system.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    And also push Google Checkout as a payment system.

Is it just me or do others find Google Checkout's site very difficult to use?

It seems very difficult to navigate. Go to My Account and it is very unclear how to get back to you sales page again. Most of my time using it is spent in swearing at it.

Also had to accept the new User Agreement tonight - 27 pages of gobbledegook. Like most large sites it is starting to suffer from bloat.

Thread Information