eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feebay on the run?

View dobewoman's Feedback (+68)
    All-About dobewoman
    View dobewoman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Do people really think that the surveys from them will take peoples view into account?
    I don't believe they will.

Maximum £7.50 postage to the UK no matter how much you buy.

"Quality counts but so do the pennies"

Dobermanns are not just dogs, they are a way of life. x

I took it to mean they wanted to know who was with eBid to help to get rid of the small people - maybe I am paranoid
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by mummamorley View Post
    I have defected and just discovered ebid. Still navigating my way around things, but everything seems user-friendly. The final straw came last weekend. I discovered a massive scam going on - 16+ brand new sellers from 4 different countries all selling Ugg boots at less than half price - and they all had EXACTLY the same descriptions (including terrible English and spelling mistakes!) I spent 20 mins trying to inform them by email, finally gave up and spent 20 minutes of my time and money on the phone, and what did they do -NOTHING. Hundreds of people have been ripped off (the negative feedbacks are just beginning to come through) but the scammer has obviously made off with thousands of pounds, and I was told that I had to notify them of every listing number that I thought was a scam - they apparantly don't have the tehcnology to do it themselves (can't be bothered, more likely). And in the meantime it is the small sellers like me who pay the price. Fees have more than trebled since I have been with them, and now I can't even charge the buyer the cost of the stamp in most of the categories I sell so I am in the crazy situation of being out of pocket if my buyer gets a bargain!

I would love to tell them exactly how I feel - not sure they will be in the least bit interested though. Small sellers are defecting by the day (even their telephone team will tell you that - if you get a friendly one) but they really don't care. They are just after the business sellers now
    I agree. No use at all. We attempted to do this when things started to go wrong a few years ago, and hit a brick wall. That was when you could still get a person to answer questions, quickly fix problems like hijacked account etc. Last two years even their staff does not care.

On a happy note: The feebay quarterly figures are out. They grossed $2 BILLION and lost $97.7 MILLION compared to last year. Spokesman said the Paypal is the one pulling in the revenue for feebay, not feebay itself but the same old stuff, they are "on course" with growth plans. Blah Blah Blah.

Years from now business students will be reading the history of how a giant fell thru poor management & poor decisions. Bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I took it to mean they wanted to know who was with eBid to help to get rid of the small people - maybe I am paranoid

I suspect they are so disorganized at this point, that they can not even help themselves, much less organize to punish users who decided to go elsewhere. Its like the building is burning and no one has any sense to call the fire dept, grab an extinquisher, or just RUN.

Their plans to snag big companies has fallen thru i.e. General Motors stopped listing new cars. No sales in California so no need to go on and sell nationwide. A major disappointment for GM (and feebay). Many of the new policies supported these bigger sellers (i.e. photos can be shared, shipping paid for by seller, etc), so I imagine they are flittering around wondering what to do now. Probably will let the whole mess sit for a while, or send a survey.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Do people really think that the surveys from them will take peoples view into account?
    As I don't sell anything over there any more then I am not bothered if they listen to sellers complaints or not. Actually them ignoring the complaints and continuing to drive sellers away would work more in my favour than against. The weaker they become in their classic market then the stronger other sites become (including eBid) and the less buyers will see eBay as the only choice when looking to buy.

So if I get a survey (they have never written to me before so I won't hold my breath) I will likely fill it out telling them that everything is great and they should continue along their current path.
    Last edited by astral276; 24th October 2009 at 10:05 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

if they send me a survey il tell them what they want to hear
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think I'd be tempted to encourage them to continue going the way they are going. The sooner they drive traffic over here the better.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

lol, surveys, nothing more than lip service, infact it's less than that, because it's just automated crap. They just pretending to give a sh@#.
    I ignored it, just like they ignore us.
    I expect they've got a computer scanning through the results, to see which of the competition to target with some underhanded tactics.
    Click below to visit my store.

Sinclair Revival

Sinclair ZX Spectrum
    Software & Hardware

Record store coming soon......

Forum Newbie
    All-About bookman1249
    View bookman1249's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default fed up with febay

[i like you am fed up with febay and there stupid DSR and surveys its like being back at school i am now defecting and just need to work this site out.

QUOTE=mummamorley;1090706]I have defected and just discovered ebid. Still navigating my way around things, but everything seems user-friendly. The final straw came last weekend. I discovered a massive scam going on - 16+ brand new sellers from 4 different countries all selling Ugg boots at less than half price - and they all had EXACTLY the same descriptions (including terrible English and spelling mistakes!) I spent 20 mins trying to inform them by email, finally gave up and spent 20 minutes of my time and money on the phone, and what did they do -NOTHING. Hundreds of people have been ripped off (the negative feedbacks are just beginning to come through) but the scammer has obviously made off with thousands of pounds, and I was told that I had to notify them of every listing number that I thought was a scam - they apparantly don't have the tehcnology to do it themselves (can't be bothered, more likely). And in the meantime it is the small sellers like me who pay the price. Fees have more than trebled since I have been with them, and now I can't even charge the buyer the cost of the stamp in most of the categories I sell so I am in the crazy situation of being out of pocket if my buyer gets a bargain!

I would love to tell them exactly how I feel - not sure they will be in the least bit interested though. Small sellers are defecting by the day (even their telephone team will tell you that - if you get a friendly one) but they really don't care. They are just after the business sellers now[/QUOTE]

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having accounts registered on several fleecebay sites including two that were originally UK-registered accounts, I get loads of surveys off them. In the last month I've completed about a dozen and hit them hard each time - particularly the ones from customer service asking how they performed when I made complaints about this or that.

Eventually it will have to sink in that they have got it all wrong, and the optimist in me hopes that when sub-sites like the UK are running seller satisfaction surveys that the US are not running, someone with ambitions (or brains) is building a case to put before the board to have the current CEO ousted - I know that extremely unlikely, but it's nice to have a distant hope now and again.

Thread Information