eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: region free dvd's

Forum Newbie
    View rivermen1's Feedback (+1)
    All-About rivermen1
    View rivermen1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation region free dvd's

I have heard alot of people saying that all region free dvd's are faked, copies, ect. Wrong. Do some studying. New released are Given a region to protect the Hollywood dollar. When the movie comes out in the US DVD form it is given a Region 1. This prohibits the disk from working in a UK DVD player( or so it is supposed to). Each region is numbered according to when the DVD is going to be released. Asia is usually the last region for the DVD to be released.

Some region free videos are copies, fake, but alot of them are the original Chinese release. China is usually the last one to get the DVD officially released to them. By this time the fregion goes to region free so that it can be sold anywhere. To label someone the is selling region free DVD's a peddler of fake goods, is not only misleading, it is wrong. If you look especially at the Blue Ray industry almost 50-60 percent of the New Releases are being released in Region free.

Everyone says China DVD's are fake and bad quality better take a look at DVD's at Walmart, and about every other large retailer, which over 80 percent of their DVD's come from China. A good majority of the China DVD's are made legally with a copyright liscence sold to them from Hollywood. The labor is alot cheaper over there and the packaging requirements are not part of the copyright.

Just remember, the DVD player, cell phone, Ipod, computer, most of the software, camera, and everything else is made in China and it is legal. So just because a DVD is made in China does not make it illegal.

Before you start turning people in for fake DVD's you better be careful, because this could start a backlash of everyone thinking everyone is a peddler. It takes one spark to start a fire, and if that spark i wrong, it will be too late to take it back.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation

Well…as I say just my opinion and how in god sake Hollywood studios likes:Universal,Warner,Sony, Lions Gate,New Line Home Video,Paramaunt,Fox and many more can go against yourself with price on US market ? And I don’t see any new Release REGION 1 (US,CA) you can buy in USA regular retail store for price many other sellers offer from private auctions all around and not only that every item from REGION:FREE,ALL OR 0 have different package and price is way below down from Retail price and my thinking is stay same all this stuff if is ‘’official’’ release is only for resale for overseas Asia market not for USA Market, because of one more simple fact I don’t think Hollywood Studios can go against directly yourself and put a sample on let say ‘’Amazon’’ or any big retail store in USA item or any TV shows for ‘’that’’ price and sell same item in two different packages with two very different prices one is REGION 1 (US,CA) Second is REGION: FREE and a sample: Golden Girls all Season 1 to 7 if you buy from regular retail store is going to cost you about $129.43 and from other sellers same season with different package and different picture of item is cost you $69.99 !!! , Well I don’t think NBC Studios sell this in US Market both same titles with different price and different region code and different packages, this is just the one sample ok nothing personal only my thinking. And I always stay with my opinion which is very simple all this is about money and Business , because of living standards price for DVD movies and TV Shows in USA have one price and of living standards on Asia market you have other price but bottom line is: Any person buy from Asia market same person can only resell this stuff only in Asia market simple as that, otherwise person if try to resell this in US Market is going to mess up with price in here and I don’t understand again why in god sake any Hollywood Studios allow this no way simple as that. In the end again person buy movies or TV Shows in US Market REGION 1 (US,CA) resell in here or all around and still protect price and business, other way person buy in Asia Market Movies or TV Shows can only resell on Asia market and protect price and Business, and again I don’t see in any regular retail stores in here same item, same picture, same release who look exactly same likes Asia release so this is only for Asia market sale not in here simple as that. And as I say before I see many sellers on ‘’feebay’’ go down with this stuff and after copyright office take this in US Court and release what each sellers sell or try to sell always is Asia stuff so why go after any seller if this legal in here…heheh….I hope I made my point…I wish good luck for all Sellers and buyers here…

P.S. Asia stuff is only for resale on Asia Market because Hollywood Studios don’t know which one is real which one is not and Asia market don’t have any copyright laws, so most secure way is if you buy from Asia market you can resell this exactly only on Asia market, this is only safe way for many sellers if have this stuff , other way if seller try to resell this in US Market no guarantee for copyright office is going to left you alone.

Forum Diehard
    View DUFFYS's Feedback (+1658)
    All-About DUFFYS
    View DUFFYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

REGIONS & FORMATS
    Please carefully check the Region code and video format of any item before bidding Before purchasing it to ensure you will be able to play it.

Region 4 (PAL) DVDs and Region ALL (PAL) DVDs will play on ANY DVD player purchased in Australia or New Zealand.

Other countries will need a multi-region capable DVD player and a PAL compatible TV.

Region 1 (NTSC) DVDs will play on ANY DVD player purchased in the U.S.A and Canada.

Australia and other countries will require a multi-region capable dvd player, and an NTSC compatible TV
    Region 2 (PAL) DVDs will play on ANY DVD player purchased in the United Kingdom and most players purchased in Europe.

Australia and other countries will require a multi-region capable DVD player.

Region ALL (PAL) DVDs will play on most DVD players worldwide.

United States and Canada will require a PAL capable TV.

Most recent dvd players and televisions are capable of displaying both PAL and NTSC
    Last edited by DUFFYS; 12th March 2010 at 02:37 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View falken's Feedback (+505)
    All-About falken
    View falken's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rivermen1 View Post
    I have heard alot of people saying that all region free dvd's are faked, copies, ect. Wrong. Do some studying. New released are Given a region to protect the Hollywood dollar. When the movie comes out in the US DVD form it is given a Region 1. This prohibits the disk from working in a UK DVD player( or so it is supposed to). Each region is numbered according to when the DVD is going to be released. Asia is usually the last region for the DVD to be released.

Some region free videos are copies, fake, but alot of them are the original Chinese release. China is usually the last one to get the DVD officially released to them. By this time the fregion goes to region free so that it can be sold anywhere. To label someone the is selling region free DVD's a peddler of fake goods, is not only misleading, it is wrong. If you look especially at the Blue Ray industry almost 50-60 percent of the New Releases are being released in Region free.

Everyone says China DVD's are fake and bad quality better take a look at DVD's at Walmart, and about every other large retailer, which over 80 percent of their DVD's come from China. A good majority of the China DVD's are made legally with a copyright liscence sold to them from Hollywood. The labor is alot cheaper over there and the packaging requirements are not part of the copyright.

Just remember, the DVD player, cell phone, Ipod, computer, most of the software, camera, and everything else is made in China and it is legal. So just because a DVD is made in China does not make it illegal.

Before you start turning people in for fake DVD's you better be careful, because this could start a backlash of everyone thinking everyone is a peddler. It takes one spark to start a fire, and if that spark i wrong, it will be too late to take it back.

This comes from the guy selling this:

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/disney-1...t-20691248.htm

I sell DVDs professionally, I have to go through actual distributors in the US. THAT listing is not even released by Disney. The region codes were set up by the hollywood fat cats to control the distribution of DVDs, many fakes have that removed, but it doesn't mean that it's fake simply because it doesn't have the region code. What makes it fake is when the official company like Disney doesn't even make the product that you carry. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but that listing is a bootleg and can be verified by Disney. I tried obtaining that when I saw it on a chinese website, but I wanted it from Disney. That was when I found out that that item is fake, and that they have a vault program that they intentionally put items in for a period of 5 to 7 years and re-release them for a short time. This is to drive up the value of the product obviously. They REFUSE to sell ANYTHING that is in the vault, yet you can buy all the titles from China... All Disney movies on Ebay that are in the vault being advertised as new are almost going to be a guaranteed bootleg.

I would suggest that you check the reputation of your supplier before it's too late.

Thread Information