eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advertise for UK sellers Pleeeease!

I feel sure that media will be encouraged to publicise the fact that eBid has 3 million listings when it happens - soon!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can loose with advertising!

I have often advertised products and services in local papers. It is very dear and not once did I get a sale big enough to cover my costs.

O/P would you like ebid to put up their fee or add fees so that they can advertise more ?

Here in New Zealand, our main auction site TradeMe never advertises, everyone knows them and everyone uses them if they want an auction site.

It is word of mouth and sellers telling their freinds and customers, to use ebid and media hype that will work.

Not milljon dollar advertising campaigns - cos that is what it would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    It is also as much upto the seller to let old buyers know about eBid. I've been going through my old Paypal contacts from eB@y to let them know about this great site.
    This is a great idea and often suggested here -but please bear in mind that for some of us this is a new selling venture and we have no past customers to fall back on - so I cannot see how advertising eBid is "up to me" . Not everyone is a fugitive from e***! My family have signed up and bought items from eBid - but that's the extent of it I'm afraid.

I also hand out cards with the eBid address on when I make sales at the market but no-one appears to have come on board - they just come back and see me there I continue to make good sales from my stall but it doesn't make eBid any better known.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    This is a great idea and often suggested here -but please bear in mind that for some of us this is a new selling venture and we have no past customers to fall back on - so I cannot see how advertising eBid is "up to me" . Not everyone is a fugitive from e***! My family have signed up and bought items from eBid - but that's the extent of it I'm afraid.

I also hand out cards with the eBid address on when I make sales at the market but no-one appears to have come on board - they just come back and see me there I continue to make good sales from my stall but it doesn't make eBid any better known.
    Well, um... you've chosen to use a less well-known site, and to do so in a country where awareness barely registers to the naked eye. You've presumably made that choice for several good reasons, including the low cost of use (and the pleasure of our company ). The site comes as a complete package, good things and bad. You can't say "I'll have three bags of cheap fees, but hold the no advertising and absolutely no poor time-keeping thanks!". One of the main features of using eBid, it seems to me, is having to do a certain amount of marketing and promoting that isn't necessary elsewhere. That doesn't necessarily have to be seen as promoting eBid, it's promoting your own presence on eBid, just as you would have to for your own site. As others have said before me, eBid gives us the opportunity to sell our wares - it's up to us to make the most of that opportunity.

p.s. meanwhile I'll keep doing my bit for you by asking Babs to make things she hasn't got the fabric for.

As I've said I've done and continue to do what I can (which takes a great deal of time and effort in relation to the returns so far) - just saying that not everyone has past customers from e***! When I chose to join I hoped (as do we all) that eBid would grow and grow (and the stated intention was that this would be internationally ) and I have to use eBid France because I live here. The people who have joined because of me have bought from other sellers so I am trying to ensure we all benefit from increased footfall so I do talk about eBid and not just my wares here.

Everyone has been upset about the delayed arrival of the Ninja Lister and I understood their frustration and supported them, even though I shall be very unlikely to use it , as it has been evident that it is very important to some sellers.

There are often threads here launching tirades of frustration about people who are seen to be inefficient - be it MPs, social workers, council workers, railway workers etc etc but in relation to eBid people just say " Well what did you expect - this is eBid - tee hee".

For me - some sort of official announcement about the new design is important and nothing has appeared for a month. I see that as a wasted opportunity and that upsets me. Sorry ....

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I should probably have trimmed your quoted post to highlight that I was only responding to "- so I cannot see how advertising eBid is "up to me". And I'm not saying you're not entitled to feel however you like about it, or voice your frustration - I'm merely airing my own view on that particular issue, and putting it in the context of your own situation. I'd rather read three hundred similar posts about eBid than a lot of the off stuff about MPs and Social Workers, so you carry on. I just reserve the right to not always agree with you. It doesn't make me your enemy, as I hope you know!

"You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by". ~JM Barrie

That month when the site was brand new is gone for good.

It still looks fresh to anybody who has just encountered ebid for the first time.

I've still been telling some recent feebay customers about this site and send a link to my auctions on here.

About half of those have responded positively saying what a great site this is and i know of a few that have actually purchased items on here.

Thread Information