eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertise for UK sellers Pleeeease!

Default Advertise for UK sellers Pleeeease!

Hi. Now that eBay are loseing so many sellers many of which are comming over to eBid, but the cry is but the public do not know anything about eBid.
    EBid would'nt it be a good time to advertise nationally for all us UK sellers, you cant lose,but only gain one hell of a lot.
    I'm all for eBid but I get frustrated when you see something needs to be done to promote the company GO FOR IT EBID. Colin dingledell2books

Default Ebay free postage on Media

Ebay's new rule forcing all Media sellers to include postage in the item price has now kicked in. A lot of sellers over there are fearful about how much business they may lose. Now is definitely the time for Ebid to do some hard work letting people know that it is seller friendly over here and that customers can continue to benefit from combined postage discounts if they come over here!

Default Sellers getting the word out

It is also as much upto the seller to let old buyers know about eBid. I've been going through my old Paypal contacts from eB@y to let them know about this great site.

Quote Originally Posted by dingledell2books View Post
    Hi. Now that eBay are loseing so many sellers many of which are comming over to eBid, but the cry is but the public do not know anything about eBid.
    EBid would'nt it be a good time to advertise nationally for all us UK sellers, you cant lose,but only gain one hell of a lot.
    I'm all for eBid but I get frustrated when you see something needs to be done to promote the company GO FOR IT EBID. Colin dingledell2books

I have a perfect, almost instantaneous solution for this problem. Right now, each UK ebid seller should go to their list of past feebay customers and send each of them an email giving them ebid info, giving them their store addresses and inviting them over. If 5000 is too much, then send emails to maybe 500 of your best customers. Easy peasy. This markets directly to 500 or 5000 people who have bought in the past and who are good buyers to invite to ebid. Everyone does that and that is a million people contacted.

In addition, sellers with web sites should take a few minutes, to put an ebid link on there to direct buyers to their ebid stuff too (you can't do the opposite ya know). Easy peasy, every customer that comes on your website can look at your ebid stuff too (and our stuff too).

Within one hour of doing the above, ebid advertising will be sent out to millions of people who are established buyers. People who are good buyers, who bought in the past from seller and were satsified and will buy again. This is called hitting the target audience square on. Not advertising to 90 year olds watching tv with no computer. Every penny spent in that kind of advertising is wasted, ebid would be entertaining people with no reason or need of ever shopping on line.

At this point ebid does NOT have millions of dollars to waste on advertising. They have to upgrade, etc to keep things running smoothing for the continually growing number of people, buyers/sellers, who are joining because they don't like feebay. This is what their concentration has to be at this time. Not writting commercials for dancing bears, etc.

Again, if someone is sick of feebay they only have to be research for 5 minutes to discover that ebid is number two in world and growing by leaps and bounds. That is all the advertising most people need to join, either to sell or buy. Does not make sense that ebid has to advertise heavily to have people make that decision when they would have made that already (almost 3,000.000 auctions or 1000? gosh wish auction site do I join????).

Quote Originally Posted by theretrotrader View Post
    It is also as much upto the seller to let old buyers know about eBid. I've been going through my old Paypal contacts from eB@y to let them know about this great site.
    Great minds think alike, just what I answered this OP. We can make those contacts now because the big push is on. And when out and about, give that info to friends, people you meet at rummage, jumble sales, car boot sales, charity shops whatever. Have little postcards printed on your home printer have flyers. Advertise your stores, and ebid.net.

And hey, if everyone thinks they do not count, it does not matter, etc, look at how fast the members have pushed the daily auction count up another 500,000!!! Seems to be that it is less than a month ago we had 2,500,000 and within a day or two we hit 3,000.000.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dingledell2books View Post
    I just did a quick estimate using the radio runner website for the east of england covered by the Gold & Heart radio stations.The network is a national one but, this was just for the area shown below.

The cheapest (off peak) option was roughly £9,800 for one week.Multiply that by,let's say six, to cover the UK;about £59,000.That seems rather a lot that they could lose.
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 21st October 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    I just did a quick estimate using the radio runner website for the east of england covered by the Gold & Heart radio stations.The network is a national one but, this was just for the area shown below.

The cheapest (off peak) option was roughly £9,800 for one week.Multiply that by,let's say six, to cover the UK;about £59,000.That seems rather a lot that they could lose.

Whew! Or advertise at the Super Bowl and it is like $1,000.000.000 a minute but is seen by lots of people!

So many local clubs, dog shows, etc have stopped advertising locally because of cost. Use their website to give us info. A tiny ad in newspaper announcing ring times at dog show can cost $4000!!

We believe "advertising" solves all problems, but heck, who actually listens or watches the ads anymore? And as proposed, scatter the ebid info to huge areas, hits many who to not shop online, some who have no computers etc. Real waste. Specialized advertising is much more effective at reaching the audience that uses the service (and even then is a risk person will not bother to check ebid out and join). Best way to do that, reach buyers/sellers who shop/sell at auctions is for us to use our address lists to contact past customers. I had 6000 feebay customers, many sellers have even more. Pick out the good ones and send a clever email.

Also spread message to every tired/beaten feebay seller that help is a click away!

Word of mouth is one of the most powerful tools out there.

I'm just going to continue listing as many items as i can and let the search engines and google shopping do their job.

As you say Delta there seems to be a boom in listings (on the verge of 3 million) and 300 + new shops have opened in the U.S and UK in the past month alone.

So if those people who have just joined contact their old customers etc etc (you get the picture)

Since joining i spent the first 6 months with no sales and now i average 1 every other day which is good enough for me and is a step in the right direction.

And even more satisfying it's money that's not going into eb@y's pocket.

Forum Newbie
    All-About GuzziTube
    View GuzziTube's Listings
    Forum Posts

you can earn a pound per new user that registers by placing an ebid banner on your website

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GuzziTube View Post
    you can earn a pound per new user that registers by placing an ebid banner on your website
    I assume you are talking about the affiliate banner. I tried that for a year, and nothing happened. I get better results with my buddy link banner.

x

Thread Information