eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your tips?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adman55 View Post
    Hi it wasn't ment to be Jewel I'm going to be opening at least 3 stores on Friday took a vacation day so i can have a 3-day weekend. So I can make a good go of it. But tired of people bad mouthing e-bay and not meaning it. I was there for 13 years but I don't come here knowing I will bad mouth them and putting on my 400+ auctions from there. I mean some of us still might be there but don't come here talking about them like he did knowing thats not the case. Sorry Leo
    I wasn't taking a stab at you - I just meant your remark sounded facetious/sarcastic/humorous - make your mind up whether your here or there - if you know what I mean (at least, that's the way I understood it and it made me smile).

x

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You know jewels that picture in your auction of vegas the picture of the stratifer tower. (not right spelling) My daughter was a elevator operater for 4 years there. We lived in vegas for 5 years. She loved that job. Leo
    ehhh?? My mind has gone blank. Which auction do I have of the stratosphere in Vegas?

x

New pricing structure on books started this week (must offer free P&P as first option). A lot of folk are staying over there in the short term to hopefully catch the Xmas rush - before finally bringing all stock here mid-to-end January. Can't blame them - got to make a living
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Forum Newbie
    View adman55's Feedback (-1)
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default reply

Well Delta didn't mean it that way yes I got 14 negatives from 2 buyers the last 2 months I sold there because of buyers that didn't care. 1 was a guy that I canceled 24 auctions this guy bought e-bay and paypal told me to cancel the auctions. But still got to keep 9 negatives other guy was a guy trying to con me outa some timetables never worked still got booby prize 5 negatives. Before that was was selling 75 auctions aday. 75 on 75 selling they were airline timetables a collection of 9,000. Man if you can find them ya got a gold mind sold 8,000 in 4 months. So sorry gotta learn how to say things differently. Leo

Forum Newbie
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

your e-bid store banner info either that or the seattle space needle.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

your e-bid store banner info either that or the seattle space needle.
    Aaaaah, you mean my store banners banner. The background is the Seattle City skyline with the space needle. I live about 15 miles from the city.

x

Forum Newbie
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default reply

Ok sorry on that reply but a very nice picture.

Hello Bill and welcome. There are positive reasons as well as negative ones (ie fed up with Ebay) for joining Ebid and the main one is that the low fees and the stores feature enable you to pass on the savings to customers so hopefully increasing sales. You can even offer inclusive (free in Ebayspeak) postage, as I do with magazines, without being out of pocket.

Sales can admittedly be slower here, but you need to promote your listings by blogs, posting on relevant forums, etc. to make up for this.

Well Delta didn't mean it that way yes I got 14 negatives from 2 buyers the last 2 months I sold there because of buyers that didn't care. 1 was a guy that I canceled 24 auctions this guy bought e-bay and paypal told me to cancel the auctions. But still got to keep 9 negatives other guy was a guy trying to con me outa some timetables never worked still got booby prize 5 negatives. Before that was was selling 75 auctions aday. 75 on 75 selling they were airline timetables a collection of 9,000. Man if you can find them ya got a gold mind sold 8,000 in 4 months. So sorry gotta learn how to say things differently. Leo
    No problem Leo, you got slapped too so you know how it feels!! Very sad situation there, those executives ran that company right into the ground and had everyone misbehaving. Good behavior starts from the top down. Buyers were the worst, I agree with you. Often wondered if I was selling to a 12 year old instead of a grown up.

Good luck on ebid, if you need help, just ask, it will be a pleasure to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by leapingcat View Post
    Hello Bill and welcome. There are positive reasons as well as negative ones (ie fed up with Ebay) for joining Ebid and the main one is that the low fees and the stores feature enable you to pass on the savings to customers so hopefully increasing sales. You can even offer inclusive (free in Ebayspeak) postage, as I do with magazines, without being out of pocket.

Sales can admittedly be slower here, but you need to promote your listings by blogs, posting on relevant forums, etc. to make up for this.
    AND making very sure you end up on google searches (chose 10 automatic relists, and a buy it now option and you will be on google in hours of putting your listing in).

Thread Information