Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your tips?

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31364)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question What are your tips?

I just joined Ebid because I am fed up with Ebay policies.
    I would love to know some tips for selling books on Ebid, I am trying to sell off my collection.

Bill

When you find out let me know!!! . Seriously eBid is the place to be
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Hi Bill and welcome to ebid. Help is here, I will give you a few tips and other members will too. Good that you only added one listing, and asked us to look at it. We can suggest tweeks, better to change one than 4000!

I like your about me page but it really should be longer and more detailed. Its purpose is to convince us to buy from you. Having just your policy/rules does not do that. Give a bit of personal background, where you sold before, and hobbies, whatever. I was a bit confused by your advice about paying shipping and fees and it left a real negative feeling for me. You must charge more and may refund some money via PP?? Why? Mentioning you pay fees to PP is not a concern of the buyer, nor your ebid fees. That is part of doing business. Almost sounds like you are passing the PP fees to buyers, which of course will turn them off. Might want to reword that section.

Might I suggest a more positive approach. Ebidders are great multiple buyers, so I would suggest you look at your shipping costs and methods again, and work out a reasonable rate for shipping, AND a discount if the buyer want to buy more than one item. Holding a store opening sale via your banner ("notices") would greatly help too.

I looked at your Darwin book and had trouble downloading the page. Seemed to take forever for the boxes to download and everything to fall into place. The impatient may not want to wait to view it. Seems very busy and beyond that it would not download so I gave up. The quotes just hung there for a while.

We do not have bidding wars here, the first bid usually gets the item so I would suggest that you raise that starting bid to an amount you are comfortable selling book for.

Remember to set the item to auto relist at least 10 times and it will appear on google searches. Most of my new buyers come in that way.

Notify all your old customers, let them know you moved, give them a sale to convince them to take a peek, and advertise your stores and ebid.net when you are out and about, on your website, etc.

In US we are lucky to get a postage deal for books. Costs maybe $1 a pound to ship books media mail so that makes it easier to sell books on line. Because of the weight of the books, I think it is harder to sell and ship generally, so customers are less willing to buy on line unless the book is really something special they can not get locally. Not sure how to get around that problem other than have a huge selection of somewhat rare or special books, keeping postage as low as possible, and having sales to promote your store.

Hope that helps.

Forum Newbie
    View adman55's Feedback (-1)
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default tips

that link to your e-bay auctions is great. ARE YOU E-BAY OR E-BID

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adman55 View Post
    ERrrrrrrrm No it's not great!
    Links to other auction sites is a definate no no. You will find all your listings with links will disappear!

Exactly. A rule and a courtesy. This is not the place to advertise your stuff on feebay.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe this was a facetious remark

x

Forum Newbie
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default regarding remark

Hi it wasn't ment to be Jewel I'm going to be opening at least 3 stores on Friday took a vacation day so i can have a 3-day weekend. So I can make a good go of it. But tired of people bad mouthing e-bay and not meaning it. I was there for 13 years but I don't come here knowing I will bad mouth them and putting on my 400+ auctions from there. I mean some of us still might be there but don't come here talking about them like he did knowing thats not the case. Sorry Leo

Forum Newbie
    All-About adman55
    View adman55's Listings
    Forum Posts

You know jewels that picture in your auction of vegas the picture of the stratifer tower. (not right spelling) My daughter was a elevator operater for 4 years there. We lived in vegas for 5 years. She loved that job. Leo

Hi it wasn't ment to be Jewel I'm going to be opening at least 3 stores on Friday took a vacation day so i can have a 3-day weekend. So I can make a good go of it. But tired of people bad mouthing e-bay and not meaning it. I was there for 13 years but I don't come here knowing I will bad mouth them and putting on my 400+ auctions from there. I mean some of us still might be there but don't come here talking about them like he did knowing thats not the case. Sorry Leo

Sorry, I find it impossible to kiss the hand that slapped me. I was a powerseller too, yet my loyalty did not save me from unearned suspension, loss of reputation, loss of my livelihood, and more. I will badmouth them and yes, I mean it.

If you never got hurt, you may not understand. And if you want to sell on both places, great. Many people do. But you will find people at ebid very loyal to ebid, and not afraid to voice negative comments about feebay.

Thread Information