Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: would anyone like to go on our website

Question would anyone like to go on our website

Hi,
    new here and have asked some of you if you can put a link of ours on your site and we are very grateful to you all, so would like to return the good deed for anyone who would like a link putting on our website. Also a question do you think we are doing something wrong as we are getting people looking at our stuff but nobody is buying it is so depressing,
    Also any ideas of how we could advertise ebid in our cafe for all of us?

Hi
    Your listings all look fine to me.
    You should add a signature link, so that people can have a look at your listings when you post on the forums. You need to go to your user cp to do that. I'm sure someone else will be along, that will tell you exactly how to do it. Plus there is a lot of good advice around the forums. Things are a lot slower on ebid, but with time things should start to pick up for you.
    Plus maybe if you join in on the charity auctions, it may drive more traffic to your listings. If you go on to the charity forums you will see lot's of threads about them.

I'm pretty useless at trying to give advice, but there are loads of people that can.

good luck
    Jane

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 1958faithart View Post
    Hi,
    new here and have asked some of you if you can put a link of ours on your site and we are very grateful to you all, so would like to return the good deed for anyone who would like a link putting on our website. Also a question do you think we are doing something wrong as we are getting people looking at our stuff but nobody is buying it is so depressing,
    Also any ideas of how we could advertise ebid in our cafe for all of us?
    Hi and welcome to ebid!

I looked at your auctions and can offer a few hints to you.

First I would tweek the photos. I was looking at the jewelry auctions and you have one photo against a dark wood surface. That does not make the colors pop and all I could see was the wood. Fool around with the background, usually for my light colored linens I use a very dark blue blanket (high tech props). For your necklaces I would use a plain light cloth, a napkin, hankie whatever. Then the colors will pop out and we would not be looking more at your floor, less at the beads. Red and black against brown looks unappealing.

Also, I would add more pictures. Far away as you have and then as close as you can get your camera to focus correctly. This is how we shop, we see something, we pick it up, turn it over, touch it, look at it close. We can't do this online, but you can help by offering photos that let up get real close to the item, especially jewelry.

I would also suggest you add a lot more to your descriptions. Two or three sentences do not market your things well. For the red/black bead necklace I need to know:

length (make or break the sale, if too short, I can't use it)
    size of beads (8 mm, 2 mm, big difference)
    type of bead (plastic, glass, crystal, Swarofski (never spel that right natural stones, quartz, whatever)
    color (tell me what you see, bright orange/red, deep red)
    shiney or matte finish (some like matte, think it is classier, some shine)
    clasp (toggle, hook and eye, or ??)
    is any metal on fastener silverplate, silver tone, goldplate, gold tone (this tells me if it is made of higher quality components)
    Did you use high quality wire (Beadalon type), tigertail or thread or cord to make this (this tells me how long it will last)
    Likewise, did you use knots, crimps, or other methods to construct it (this tells me if it will last a long time)
    did you make it? How long you have been making jewelry? Do you enjoy making jewelry? Do you sell your jewelry locally? Where do you get your pretty beads? Do you do custom work if they need necklaces for bride's maids, etc? (see market yourself - my friend makes custom bridal garters etc, and sells on line - good business)

Set off the description with a big font header, underline, center it. Put a friendly note, a little patter, and then dive into a detailed description. Arrange the info in paragraphs, or in column so readers find it quickly.

What I suspect is happening is that with your short descriptions, you items are not coming up on detailed searches. Anything you put in the description is searchable just like the title is. If you add more details, then you get more people looking at your listing who are searching for red stones, 18" necklace, black beads, whatever.

Make sure your titles tell exactly what you are selling, without wasting words on WOW, etc. Make every word count. If it is crystal, stone, whatever, say it. Give size, etc.

Also, hopefully you are auto relisting 8-10 times, and adding buy it now so your things show up in google searches. Very important, I get all my new customers this way!!

I think your prices are good. shipping fair. But I think you do not market your pretty things well enough to make the sale. Think of someone stopping at your booth and asking about the necklace. What would you point out? What would you tell them? Then put this into description.

You do sell some things that overseas buyers can not buy, the cactus for example. But you have a nice variety of things that we can, jewelry, etc. If you see one area gets more interest, expand that area. Don't exclude the overseas people. I sell 3/4 of my things to US customers but 1/4 to overseas. Do you want to sell 25% more? Of course, then offer it world wide (and add light things that appeal to the world wide people).

People are now shopping for gifts for the holidays, so now is the time to pull out the stops and offer this kind of thing. I suspect the jewelry aspect is that. If you make the jewelry, add another piece, earrings, perhaps, sell as a set in a little cloth bag, or box with a ribbon. After holidays, offer sets for special occasions, weddings, confirmations, etc, and use appropriate pearls, etc. You may get brides picking up 8 sets for bride's maids which is a good year round business.

Good luck on ebid. I am sure everyone will help you out too.

Thread Information