Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My charity choice for YDC 71 USA

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Please list some lightweight items so it doesn't break the bank when posting overseas

I'll third that if I may - this is a worthy charity - (not the others haven't been) and would love to be able to contribute more to the USA and the tremendous efforts that you put in, but I must admit, I have been put off bidding on a lot of things bacause of the high postage.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Diehard
    View lilused's Feedback (+183)
    All-About lilused
    View lilused's Listings
    Forum Posts

True, will try to remember to look for some easy postage items, and hopefull all of us here will. Thanks for the in-put. Really appreciate it, I am sure all of us do.

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    I would like to choose Disabled American Veterans for my charity for YDC 71 USA. Their web site says 72% of donations go to the veterans and they help lots of people in lots of ways. They will even give a Vet a ride. You can check them out at www.dav.com.

Thank you

Thank you for chosing the Disabled American Veterans. Such an important and worthy cause. I will even forgo The American Cancer Society for this one. Can you believe it?

Thanks everyone, my ex husband was Navy and I have some very good friends that were Navy. all Viet Nam vets.

I have the same problem as the rest of you, lots of Brit items are tempting, but postage is awful! Even if the seller is paying postage, I hate to bid. I won a thinking cap from the breast cancer auctions, I will put it on as soon as it comes. Maybe I can get some more dish cloths done.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Thanks everyone, my ex husband was Navy and I have some very good friends that were Navy. all Viet Nam vets.

I have the same problem as the rest of you, lots of Brit items are tempting, but postage is awful! Even if the seller is paying postage, I hate to bid. I won a thinking cap from the breast cancer auctions, I will put it on as soon as it comes. Maybe I can get some more dish cloths done.

Thinking Cap is on its way - although I think I should have kept it cos I'm stuck for ideas myself now what to do for the YDC - I can't do anymore squares as October is the deadline and Syl needs time to arrange the squares and assemble the quilt so it can be auctioned in December. The Big Knit little hats was only a one off as the deadline for getting hats to them is 16th Oct - daresay I'll think of something creative to list - sky hooks perhaps - to hang the cap on

Re the postage - thats one reason why I try to find small little things with minimum postage. When our own dodgy money situation improves, we'll be able either to include the p&p in with the item, or donate the p&p on to the charity again (we were doing that before) so at least then if an item is costly in p&p, because its going to the charity perhaps it doesn't seem so bad.
    Last edited by BabsnRay; 7th October 2009 at 05:24 PM.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes the postage is the main thing that stops us all bidding on each countrys items, a shame :O(
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Ok guys, I'm going to look for some more things that are lightweight too. I do have 4 items ready to start Friday that are light. Don't forget to look at my MSABC auctions.
    Last edited by hopeful2; 8th October 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Ok guys, I'm going to look for some more things that are lightweight too. I do have 4 items ready to start Friday that are light. Don't forget to look at my MSABC auctions.
    I have been busy relisting from reg listings to MSABC listings...ya'll come take a look...

Thread Information