Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Would you like a Best Offer option here on eBid?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it completely, and would use it all the time.

16 18.39%
  • For it, and would use it on some stuff.

31 35.63%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it that often.

3 3.45%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it personally. If others like it they should have it available to them.

7 8.05%
  • I don’t really don’t care either way.

13 14.94%
  • Against it completely.

17 19.54%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like the OPTION of "Best Offer" available on eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The same could be said of yourself weaverboy, with your never ending polls and threads. How long will it take for you to realise that the owners of this site do not want this option. If they did I am sure they would have done something about by now.
    Are you sure the owners of this site don't want it?

Have you talked them personally? You live closer to them then I do;-)

I emailed eBid asking if they where considering it, and was told that the idea would be past on to management for consideration. Basically a diplomatic “we'll look into it” reply, but that isn’t a absolute NO.

As for my never ending polls and threads. Someone on eBid once called me a "peep with perseverance" and told me that eBid needs more like me, so I will keep pushing.

With kind regards,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)

Nothing wrong with having vision. Maybe some ideas are not practical now, maybe won't be considered now, but bringing them up encourages everyone to think about ebid features and improving the site for everyone.

We know basically how this works. But it would helpful if specifics were discussed by people who have used the feature successfully. Then we might be able to see how it could work for our stuff too. Give us some specifics: Was it used on coins, stamps, electronics, etc only? How long did negotiations take? How much of a cut was needed to finalize deal? Does it work better for high end stuff or low? Any problem with buyers (did not understand process, etc)? Both buyer and seller satisfied?

Some of us are in the dark, fill us in. Maybe it will help get the feature added, maybe it will get more of us to use it when it is.

The same could be said of yourself weaverboy, with your never ending polls and threads. How long will it take for you to realise that the owners of this site do not want this option. If they did I am sure they would have done something about by now.
    But it does not work like that here. Administrators follow the threads that show concerns and decide to make changes based on dialog with members and dialog amongst themselves. Dialog like Steve starts. ebid is very open to changes because, I believe ,they are pleased with their continued growth and want ebid to continue to be user friendly and to grow.

Changes in this business, and any business, are of course based upon cost. Only ebid knows their budget so the final say is, of course, with them.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Changes in this business, and any business, are of course based upon cost. Only ebid knows their budget so the final say is, of course, with them.
    I'm not a site designer/tech. I'm just going on what it seems to me.

What seems to be more expensive/time consuming upgrades: Shipping calculator, various more detailed categories and the sub-categories, bulk uploaders/editors, and etc.

Those seem a little more involved then a Best Offer option to me. Anyone with knowledge and experience feel free to correct if I'm wrong.

Forum Lurker
    View vq5speed's Feedback (+79)
    All-About vq5speed
    View vq5speed's Listings
    Forum Posts

Never used it. But if some have a need for it and want it I have no issues with it.

I have to add that I have used it when a seller I am buying from offers it. But as a seller myself I never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Nothing wrong with having vision. Maybe some ideas are not practical now, maybe won't be considered now, but bringing them up encourages everyone to think about ebid features and improving the site for everyone.

We know basically how this works. But it would helpful if specifics were discussed by people who have used the feature successfully. Then we might be able to see how it could work for our stuff too. Give us some specifics: Was it used on coins, stamps, electronics, etc only? How long did negotiations take? How much of a cut was needed to finalize deal? Does it work better for high end stuff or low? Any problem with buyers (did not understand process, etc)? Both buyer and seller satisfied?
    Almost all our items are vintage collectibles. We used "Make an Offer" successfully on you-know-where for items where we honestly had no idea of the value.

One was an old candy dish that was not described online anywhere. I found the mark was Royal Crown Derby, but that was all I knew about it. Really nice vintage items by them start at around $100. The one I had was not in very good condition, so I guessed at a BIN of $40. We got an offer of $25, decided it was a fair amount and accepted. Also got good feedback, so everyone was happy.

Another was a WWI gas mask in terrible condition. I think we were asking $75 and got an offer of $50. Got good feedback for that one too.

There were 3 or 4 others, but I don't remember the details. If an offer was ridiculous, we declined, but most offers were reasonable.

I think right now, of the 2,600 items we have listed, there are perhaps a dozen where we would use "Make an Offer" if it were available.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's a bit presumptuous of you,
    the idea of this thread is to put forward suggestions
    that might be benificial to us all.
    Including the owners of this site.

I presume you do not have shares in this site.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vq5speed View Post
    Never used it. But if some have a need for it and want it I have no issues with it.

I have to add that I have used it when a seller I am buying from offers it. But as a seller myself I never used it.
    Using is using big boy;-)

Has anyone ever gone to a car/automobile dealership and not tried to get them to knock down the sticker price? If you found that hard before come to Northeast Ohio. They'll go so low you might feel like you're violating them.

Just so every one knows voting on this poll is anonymous, unless of course you post a message declaring your stands on the subject. Also if you are a newbie/a "guest" (I see about 260 at the moment) you have to sign into the Forum with your eBid ID and password again to use it. The login should be right underneath "News". I like most never signed out of the forum on my home computer.

Thanks,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)

Thread Information