Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Would you like a Best Offer option here on eBid?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it completely, and would use it all the time.

16 18.39%
  • For it, and would use it on some stuff.

31 35.63%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it that often.

3 3.45%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it personally. If others like it they should have it available to them.

7 8.05%
  • I don’t really don’t care either way.

13 14.94%
  • Against it completely.

17 19.54%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Would you like the OPTION of "Best Offer" available on eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    thing is weaverboy sellers who offer "bestoffer" either crank there bins up to be able to apcept a best offer to make a proffit or they dont make a proffit, whitch is basicly either a con on the buyer or themselves, neither makes any sense and looks totaly unprofessional not only from the sellers point of view but from the sites point of view as well.

pricing weaver boy is about what the market will stand, what overheads you have and what your margins are,

theres a little clue in the above how a buyer can determin a price on a item without the seller appearing not knowing what he/she is doing!

Not necessarily. If I get a deal, $100 of stuff for a few bucks, or get it free from grandma, I have instant wiggle room for pricing. Or iff I buy 500 doilies for a song, it is further incentive to move them out below "market value" because no matter what I sell them for, I have made a huge profit. I might use a sale, or BIN or MAO.

In this case I would not be using MAO because I did not know the price. Or because I overpriced my items. Or because I want to devalue my stock or this site. I just have lots of stuff to sell, I bought it for rock bottom, and can afford to be flexible. I think alot of buyers are like that.

Market values vary, they are not constant in this economy. Good sellers take advantage of brisk markets, and attempt to stimulate slow ones by changing their prices. Sometimes they are forced too when certain items just do not sell well or have lost value in this economy (furniture for example).

Most sellers realize this so If June is slow, they have a sale, offer more BIN or MAO. They figure, either sit on all your stock and wait for that high price that it is supposed to be worth in an ideal market, or sell it cheaper and make only 400% instead of 500%. I tend to think most sellers are in this group so the MAO would add to their flexibility to sell based on a changing market.

Again, just to defend myself, I probably would not use MAO, but that does not mean anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    True, but first, I'd really like to hear from other forum users who have been privy to weaverkid's past and present postings, including his previous poll on the same topic, whether they think this poll has any merit and whether they believe Mark and Gazza have any intention whatsoever of entertaining the suggestions being made vis-a-vis Best Offer. I really don't believe the admins are taking any of this seriously! What do the rest of y'all think?

Again this is just a process that will end in Weaver asking that the feature be considered after Jan 1st. So don't worry everyone, we are not going to wake up tomorrow and find that ebid added a MAO feature overnight because we were arguing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I think Mark and Gazza read all the threads, especially the ones that are requesting changes. They have a lot of things going on right now, and I suspect this is a low-priority item even if they are considering it.

Until then . . . those of us who would use it will just have to get along without it.
    Exactly. We are not privy to ebid's annual budget, plans for expansion, plans for replacing dated equipment, plans to add staff, etc. They are a private company and that information is their business. From what I have seen ebid is careful about making decisions, but does take what members say into consideration. The final decision is theirs because it is their money and we have no idea how much something like this costs!

If they are getting rid of some outdated options like Dutch auctions, they might very well be considering an alternative that touches on MAO. Who knows?

The first of January can't come soon enough, then we can give this whole thing a rest
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    The first of January can't come soon enough, then we can give this whole thing a rest
    Never mind New Year Resolutions!!! Just give thanks for the END (mind you if we all stopped contributing this thread would have unravelled long ago
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

A Best Offer certainly isn't a Sunday punch, but it is a snapping jab.

And if you ever watched boxing you'll hear the corners usually tell their fighter to work the jab.

A good jab can open up an opponent for crosses, hooks, uppercuts, and other power punches.

Now if they'd just inform the membership it would have more of an affect then just voting on this poll. It would show that they listen to their customers, unlike another website which most are fleeing, which would give everyone warm cuddly feelings.

And “marschenegger” whether you like it or not the main objective of selling is to make a profit.

LOL! You called me “kid”.

I listen to a radio program call the Maxwell Show on 100.7 WMMS. The host of the show always refers to himself as “the kid” and that the “The kid has skills!”

Anyone could listen to it via the internet either live or listen to the POD casts. But I don’t know if you’d like it Mark. One has to have a “sense” of “humor” and well you lack both.

Then again Maxwell likes the delusion that he is right about almost everything. Does that sound familiar to anyone else or is it just me.

As for you pushing “CTRL+C and CTRL+V”
    “It's your thing, do what you wanna do.
    I can't tell you, who to sock it to.”
    - The Isley Brothers

A peep with perseverance,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    The final decision is theirs because it is their money and we have no idea how much something like this costs!

If they are getting rid of some outdated options like Dutch auctions, they might very well be considering an alternative that touches on MAO. Who knows?
    Okay how much when all is said and done will it cost?

Gazza what's the number and time it would take to knock this out?

And when is the site scheduled to be "revamped"?

Hello guests. Inorder to use the Forum you have to login. More details on the first page.

Thanks for stopping by,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Again this is just a process that will end in Weaver asking that the feature be considered after Jan 1st. So don't worry everyone, we are not going to wake up tomorrow and find that ebid added a MAO feature overnight because we were arguing about it.
    You never know. As people keep repeating it is there site and they can do what they want no matter what membership wants.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    Never mind New Year Resolutions!!! Just give thanks for the END (mind you if we all stopped contributing this thread would have unravelled long ago
    Well if this is the end should we tally the scores, and get the OPTION that is needed?

Thread Information