Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Would you like a Best Offer option here on eBid?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • For it completely, and would use it all the time.

16 18.39%
  • For it, and would use it on some stuff.

31 35.63%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it that often.

3 3.45%
  • For it, but wouldn’t use it personally. If others like it they should have it available to them.

7 8.05%
  • I don’t really don’t care either way.

13 14.94%
  • Against it completely.

17 19.54%
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like the OPTION of "Best Offer" available on eBid?

Question Would you like the OPTION of "Best Offer" available on eBid?

First things first. The voting on this poll is anonymous, unless of course you post a message declaring your stands on the subject.

Also if you are a newbie/"guest" (I see a couple of hundred usually) you have to sign into the Forum with your eBid ID and password again to use the forum.

The login should be right underneath "News". I like most never sign out of the forum on my home computer. The “Forum” isn’t linked to your regular account, “My eBid”, so can X out or log out of the regular eBid account but still be connected to the forum. It might seem kind of weird but it works.

Would you like the OPTION of “Best Offer” available on eBid?

For it completely, and would use it all the time.

For it, and would use it on some stuff.

For it, but wouldn’t use it that often.

For it, but wouldn’t use it personally. If others like it they should have it available to them.

I don’t really don’t care either way.

Against it completely.

A Best Offer “option” in these tough times with relatively few people still not knowing about eBid, and being apprehensive on coming over for the other side would be a good device to have here. A listing option by itself is not evil.

On both sides I have seen lots of listings as reserve auctions with a Buy Now option, or the opening bid that is only a little bit less then the Buy Now. Apparently many aren't inclined to risk it in an open auction for .01 with no reserve today unless they just want to get rid of it or they are pretty sure that will go high in the end.

A Best Offer or call it what you will would be a "good" option to have. It would give sellers more security then an open bid, and maybe to post more listing and have more sales, thus building more revenue personally and for eBid as well.

If you are not aware of what or how a best offer would work look below.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

BEST OFFER
    Accept the Best-Offer and end the listing.

Decline the Best-Offer. You can explain your reasons to the buyer if you want to.

Respond with a counteroffer. If the buyer doesn’t respond within a reasonable amount of time the counter offer expires. Let’s say that offers expire after 48 hours a the default.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

A listing is a matter of personal preference.

A seller's preferred way of setting up a listing is kind of like one's preferred beverage. Do you like coffee or tea? Do you take cream, milk, or sugar?

A seller should be allowed to set up there listing as they like. It is their property and their time. If buyers are annoyed by it they won't bid, buy, or make an offer.

Thanks,
    Steve(AKA:theweaverboy)
    Last edited by theweaverboy; 8th October 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have no problem with a best offer....and can see no reason for not allowing it...In fact I have secured some items using this method.....papa.

This poll will close on 1st January 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Had no idea it would get over on New Years day.

Wish the time was 00:00:01 AM for dramatic effect;-)

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    This poll will close on 1st January 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Had no idea it would get over on New Years day.

Wish the time was 00:00:01 AM for dramatic effect;-)
    That's to long, it will be buried in the archives by then,
    or we will all be fed up with it like the last one and you'll turn it into a soap.

2-3 weeks is ample, then you can put the results to the boys, and see what happens.

I suggest you restart the poll with just 3 weeks to run.
    So if it is an overwelming vote in favour,
    it could be implemented before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    That's to long, it will be buried in the archives by then,
    or we will all be fed up with it like the last one and you'll turn it into a soap.

2-3 weeks is ample, then you can put the results to the boys, and see what happens.

I suggest you restart the poll with just 3 weeks to run.
    So if it is an overwelming vote in favour,
    it could be implemented before Christmas.

mmmmm, a familiar subject. Well, if Weaver is soooo passionate about it, and feels that people will use it, by all means poll members and see what they think. I agree with Ron, cut it off after three weeks. If someone has not voted by then, they won't. Also, if a change needs to be made, it gives support the heads up earlier rather than later.

I know you boys keep saying it is an easy fix, but this sounds like a major change to me. It is adding another buying option, so I hope you won't be disappointed if it takes longer to make the change.

I never used it on feebay, probably would not use it here. Since buyers on ebid tend to buy outright and do not seem to like fooling around, asking questions, etc, I don't think it will be used alot here. Granted new people come on every day, and they might like the feature.

If a majority of members want this feature, and it remains an option only, I would go along with adding it.

I think it would be good if you could counter offer if the best offer isn't quite what you want. Especially on the higher priced items.

Just my thought.

The haggling option would have a negative impact on the whole site. Get lots of buyers here FIRST, then we can talk about this.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    The haggling option would have a negative impact on the whole site. Get lots of buyers here FIRST, then we can talk about this.
    Oh marschenegger if the site doesn't have a variety of sellers then it will not have a variety of buyers.

Just out of curiosity why can't you look at a view point, other then your own, as having merit?

Also marschenegger I believe the forum was designed so members can talk about may things. I see that eBid hasn't stated an order on what and when subjects can be discussed, so I'll put this as delicately as I can. I'll talk about whatever subject I wish at anytime I feel like it. If you don't like that then to bad so sad.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    I think it would be good if you could counter offer if the best offer isn't quite what you want. Especially on the higher priced items.

Just my thought.
    Of course that was stated under "BEST OFFER".
    "Respond with a counter offer. If the buyer doesn’t respond within a reasonable amount of time the counter offer expires. Let’s say that offers expire after 48 hours a the default."

Best offer is haggling. EXAMPLE: BuyNow Price $200, and I offer $120. You counter with $160, and maybe I say deal or offer $150 & I'll pick it up and pay for it with cash.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    Just out of curiosity why can't you look at a view point, other then your own, as having merit?
    The same could be said of yourself weaverboy, with your never ending polls and threads. How long will it take for you to realise that the owners of this site do not want this option. If they did I am sure they would have done something about by now.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information