eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Require immediate payment option on auctions.

This sounds to me like another one of the other site ideas being suggested here.

For myself I would NOT like to see it as a compulsory addition from a sellers perspective and do not like it from a buyers perspective. As a seller I never used it on the other site even though it was an optional extra. As a seller, it would put people off buying from me, especially if they wished to buy more than 1 item. As a buyer - if I wish to buy a couple of items from a seller I find the 'pay now' option a deterant and will walk away and shop elsewhere.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    This sounds to me like another one of the other site ideas being suggested here.

For myself I would NOT like to see it as a compulsory addition from a sellers perspective and do not like it from a buyers perspective. As a seller I never used it on the other site even though it was an optional extra. As a seller, it would put people off buying from me, especially if they wished to buy more than 1 item. As a buyer - if I wish to buy a couple of items from a seller I find the 'pay now' option a deterant and will walk away and shop elsewhere.
    I'd have to shut up shop on eBid if it was compulsory as it would not be practical for a buyer to buy something for 10p with P&P at 50p, then multiply this buy an average of 8 items = £4.80 total rather than £1.30

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is an idea from eby, but it's optional and as such it works fine. People selling high-risk items find it useful. It does away with NPBs entirely. I would never use it as a seller, because it doesn't suit me, but I've bought with it several times and have no problem with it.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalpeachs View Post
    If the buyer uses buy it now, the item remains available untill it is paid for.It is unfair to take down an auction untill it is paid for,this will help prompt quick payments.
    Unlike feebay, this option is not available here. However, you can state in your descriptions that payment is to be made within XXXX days.

Most of my buyers usually pay within the hour before I get the chance to send an invoice

As a buyer, I occasionally multi purchase from a seller which can take up to 12 days especially if, in the mean time, they've added a new item and I grab it (using the bid option) and I am very grateful for the seller's patience.

x
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 1st October 2009 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

As an optional extra that's fine.

I've had two NPB's recently, both with items over £50
    This means the items were removed from sale while waiting for payment.
    So with items at this price it would be practical.

But with items under £10 where I have more than one of each, impractical.

So as an optional extra that's fine.

Forum Newbie
    View tropicalpeachs's Feedback (+87)
    All-About tropicalpeachs
    View tropicalpeachs's Listings
    Forum Posts

This would absolutely be a sellers option,multiple purchases from the same auction offering more than one item is not hindered in any way,combined shipping is still available.Combined shipping from different auctions is easily accomplished through refunds on paypal and works just fine,there is no room for fraud as suggested by other ebidders.If an item is as yet unpaid for,it should still be available to other bidders,we should not have to "Lay away" items.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    no i've always been mad, and eldest is going to see it and study it for school

lmao

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalpeachs View Post
    This would absolutely be a sellers option,multiple purchases from the same auction offering more than one item is not hindered in any way,combined shipping is still available.Combined shipping from different auctions is easily accomplished through refunds on paypal and works just fine,there is no room for fraud as suggested by other ebidders.If an item is as yet unpaid for,it should still be available to other bidders,we should not have to "Lay away" items.

As I said in my earlier post - I did not use it even though the option was there on the other site.

I guess overall it depends on your overall approach to selling online. If you've a mind to trade enmass like a high street store, where a buyer is a number, or in high value items, then yes, I can see the reason why you would want that option.

As a seller myself, I take a more relaxed approach to online selling, and as I only sell on line as a private seller, rather than high volume business, then I am happy to 'lay away' items for the buyer. Besides that, my items are low value items, and to be honest it would not be worth me insisting on payment for every item bought in a multi purchase order - given that I'd be charged fees on every payment processed, and the time taken to refund appropriately and individually would eat up and 'profit' in the total order.

In the 13 months I've been selling on eBid, I have only had 2 or 3 non paying bidder / buyers.

If its an optional - then fair enough. But I won't be using it. If you're proposing that it be compulsory - then I'd have to up sticks and move on.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Optional fine, compulsory never, I get a lot of orders of more than one item in fact a lot more than one, so no good for me.
    I have a buyer who has purchased 60+ records, we have good comms and he is waiting for a cheque to clear before he pays, not a problem for me at all, I wouldn't have had this sale with immediate payment being in place.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Thread Information