Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i do this

Forum Lurker
    View willie2530's Feedback (+403)
    All-About willie2530
    View willie2530's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up how do i do this

hi everyone as you can guess iam new here.i have 2 questions really.the first one is i sold on the other site.(not sure if your allowed to say it) i gave 10% of my sale to hypermobility syndrome as my daughter has this how would i be able to do this on here.and can i pay my fees through paypal,as normaly my poor bank account is normaly empty but i have money in my paypal account.any help would be great.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is nothing stopping you giving whatever money you want to any charity you want.

Are you looking for an inbuilt charity donation thingy as runs on the bay? If so that does not exist here.

You are better off giving direct anyway as the bay's system goes via MissionFish who take a cut (and such a large cut in my opinion that I'm surprised it is legal) from anything you donate by that means.

So give direct so that all of your donation goes where you intend it to and make use of Gift Aid, if you are a taxpayer, to increase your donation even more.
    Last edited by astral276; 26th September 2009 at 10:26 AM.

This is something you probably already know, but to be sure - make sure you mention in your item descriptions that x% of the proceeds of the sale of this item will be donated to your preferred chairty.

Something that a few members have set up here as under seller+ we can have 5 separate stores, are separate charity stores, where the whole of the sale proceeds go to the dedicated charity.

Another thing that some sellers have set up to work along side their charity stores, are Just Giving pages - where instead of the buyer paying the seller, they make the payment direct to the Just Giving page.

I hope this helps
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Lurker
    All-About willie2530
    Forum Posts

Red face paypal

hi thanks i will do that.and i will try and upgrade to the £6.99 tomorrow.

just remember the the £6.99 is a subscription and will be taken every month (that is the monthly rate I think)

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargainscot View Post
    hi everyone as you can guess iam new here.i have 2 questions really.the first one is i sold on the other site.(not sure if your allowed to say it) i gave 10% of my sale to hypermobility syndrome as my daughter has this how would i be able to do this on here.and can i pay my fees through paypal,as normaly my poor bank account is normaly empty but i have money in my paypal account.any help would be great.
    MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Off the top of my head you could support your charity a whole lot better as a seller plus account holder. As a seller plus you get 5 online stores. You could dedicate one or more of your stores to your charity. You can champion your cause on the forums (without going OTT) telling peeps of your experiances and difficulties. Give them the info an tell em what the score is.
    As to the actual workings of the fund raising you'll have to wait for other ebid members to pick up the baton! I'm sure they will be along shortly with good advice.
    Best of luck Don.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, you can use Paypal on here.

Forum Lurker
    All-About willie2530
    Forum Posts

hi i know you can use paypal,its not letting me pay seller +30 days,£6.99 with pay pal

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi i know you can use paypal,its not letting me pay seller +30 days,£6.99 with pay pal
    I don't think you can pay the short term subscriptions via PayPal. As these are recurring subscriptions eBid debits the paying account at the end of each period until cancelled. PayPal does not allow that kind of transaction. You can pay the Seller+ Lifetime via PayPal because that is a one off payment.

That's not saying you should go for the Seller+ Lifetime; I advise anyone to take out at least one short term subscription, to make sure the site meets their needs, before committing themselves to the Lifetime one. Simply pointing out why PayPal doesn't work for the short term subscriptions.

Forum Lurker
    All-About willie2530
    Forum Posts

hi this is a very very helpful site.thankyou all for helping.i have told a lot of people about this site.college etc. i might just get a load speaker (my wife).lol.to spread the word.lol.

Thread Information