Thread: Important, please read..YDC Xmas Quilt Squares

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Important, please read..YDC Xmas Quilt Squares

I don't know how to start this....

I have had the worst time this past week.

As you know, all my stuff was put into storage whilst my house was refurbed.

Well...the storage people have 'mislaid' some of my stuff...counted boxes out and counted less boxes back in.

Its hard to work out what is in the missing boxes, but I know lots of my craft supplies are missing.

They are trying to track it down and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, especially as I labelled all the boxes with my name and address.

But this is the awful part....I think the squares which I recieved before I packed everything up, were also in the missing stuff.

I have spent the past week searching every nook and cranny in this house to see if the squares are here, been waking up in the middle of the night wanting to start searching again....but had no luck, so I am assuming they are part off the missing stuff.

The squares I don't have are:
    The grey faric with the australian fire engine
    Red floral fabric with lace flower
    the cross stitch sampler
    the blue Australia
    the 3 mosiac tiles
    the teacup
    and the beady cat.

I am going to have another thorough search of my house next week...in the hope that they are here in hiding, but as I've already searched umpteen times...I just keep hoping!!

I feel awful, have wept buckets because I know the effort everyone made to produce the squares.

I don't know what to say...I know its not my fault...but I feel as if it is...and that I have let everyone down.

I hope everyone understands and I am really sorry.

Oh what a nightmare for you - not just re the squares, but for everything that has gone astray - the crafting supplies especially as they are expensive to replace - although to be fair - the storage company should cover that cost for you.

As for the squares - I wouldn't worry about it - I am sure that the original makers of the squares will be able to rally around and sort alternatives or replacements.

As for me, a couple in the list sound familiar - it is possible that they were ones I made for past YDC's. If that is the case I should be able to rustle up replacements or alternatives for the winning bidders without any problem. If the others come to light in the meantime - then there'll be more squares to add to the quilt.

Don't worry nor loose any more tears over them.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh Sylvia I'm sure this is driving you mad. I do hope the boxes they lost show up for you. They aren't my squares, but I expect that everyone will be quite sympathetic... please try not to worry and we will keep hoping they are all found.

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Oh what a nightmare for you - not just re the squares, but for everything that has gone astray - the crafting supplies especially as they are expensive to replace - although to be fair - the storage company should cover that cost for you.

As for the squares - I wouldn't worry about it - I am sure that the original makers of the squares will be able to rally around and sort alternatives or replacements.

As for me, a couple in the list sound familiar - it is possible that they were ones I made for past YDC's. If that is the case I should be able to rustle up replacements or alternatives for the winning bidders without any problem. If the others come to light in the meantime - then there'll be more squares to add to the quilt.

Don't worry nor loose any more tears over them.
    I can cope with losing my own stuff...not happy but would take it in my stride.
    Its the fact that the squares belong to someone else...
    and even with compensation from the storage people it won't replace them....

I will just have to grit my teeth and get on with it...

Thanks everyone for being so understanding...

All-About stitchysyl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by klj View Post
    Oh Sylvia I'm sure this is driving you mad. I do hope the boxes they lost show up for you. They aren't my squares, but I expect that everyone will be quite sympathetic... please try not to worry and we will keep hoping they are all found.
    Not only sending me mad...but driving the family crazy. My son even went through all his stuff to ' put my mind at ease' that they weren't in his room, even though he had unpacked all his packed boxes just a few days before...
    I think he was fed up with seeing me upset...

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Aw Sylvia what a nightmare for you. One of the squares sounds like one of mine, but I am sure the person who made it for me will oblige me again (won't you Babs ). Don't worry about the squares they can be replaced, get yourself sorted and find your own stuff, that is more important, you haven't let anyone down silly, the moving company let YOU down. Just settle into your new home and enjoy it as you should.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by minx41 View Post
    Aw Sylvia what a nightmare for you. One of the squares sounds like one of mine, but I am sure the person who made it for me will oblige me again (won't you Babs ). Don't worry about the squares they can be replaced, get yourself sorted and find your own stuff, that is more important, you haven't let anyone down silly, the moving company let YOU down. Just settle into your new home and enjoy it as you should.

Yes, of course I will - I'll do it slightly different if I may so if the original does come to light there won't be 2 idential squares in the quilt.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't beat yourself up. It wasn't your fault, and I'm sure we're all confident you've done everything you can.

Call the box shifters some really, really rude words, just for your own satisfaction, then have a cup of tea and let it go.

What the hell, have cake too!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I might be able to do another bead cat (can't remember who bought it), though it's the time factor now

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    Yes, of course I will - I'll do it slightly different if I may so if the original does come to light there won't be 2 idential squares in the quilt.
    Whatever suits you Babs is ok with me. Hopefully they will turn up and put poor Sylvia's mind at rest, but if they don't, no matter. The main thing is she settles in her new home without any more worries.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Thread Information