eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crafters could you please make some comments?

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Crafters could you please make some comments?

We are proposing that the books, magazines and instructions for each craft be moved out of the books and put into each craft category under a new sub section calls books, magazines and instructions. Its in the new category section. We already have this for crochet and knitting.

We are further proposing that the pattern books for knitting and crochet be separated out into thier own categories under each pattern type instead of jumbled right now with a separate knitting pattern category but not one for crochet.

Thanks in advance.

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

The criteria must be "where would a buyer go to look for a book" and as there is a clearly defined catagory for books IMO they should stay there. If the sub-catagories are not adequate that is perhaps where changes sould be suggested.

Love cross-stitch and would appreciate finding / browsing these items separate from the other crafts. Also dividing into kits, patterns only, books, completed etc will be needed some day - the 'dark side' has many many of these items and they will be heading this way very soon lol

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't want books spread everywhere, thanks. They're all books. If the categories aren't right within the books section then by all means lets get them fixed.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree with kimbo.

Books are books and should stay in the books category. If new sub categories are needed, then request them.

As a buyer, if I was looking for a crafting book, I would head to the books category and then the sub categories.

x

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

Books are books and should stay in the books category. If new sub categories are needed, then request them.

As a buyer, if I was looking for a crafting book, I would head to the books category and then the sub categories.

x
    Yes me three,
    there is a bookseller who lists sometimes & insists on putting his books about antiques, clocks, collectables etc, in the categories for the items & not the relevant book ones, causes problems everytime, with complaints from those who want to buy an antique or a clock, complaining the category is swamped with books about them instead.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

x
    Me four

ANY book, belongs in the book category, imo

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

As a crafter if I wished to buy a book on crafts (or any topic for that matter) I would look to the book section and then the relevant sub categories.

I would not like to have to trawl through / past irrelevant books when I am looking for crafting materials ie fabrics, ribbons, lace, cross-stitch, embroidery etc.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well as a lifelong crafter; we look for books where the crafts are. Sorry we seem to be in the minority but then why are pattern books for crocheting and knitting in the craft category?

You are right that someone is putting books in the dollhouse category too. That doesnt make sense. It would however make sense if it had a separate category in the dollhouse section labeled as books, magazines and instructions.

So our question to those of you who dont want them in each craft; how do we clean up each category so the books are all with the books? and that would mean taking out the crocheting and knitting books out of crafts and putting them in the books too. We have a large lot of craft books to list and dont want to list them if they are not going to be seen due to being in the wrong category.
    Last edited by tbklover; 24th September 2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: corrections

Quote Originally Posted by tbklover View Post
    Well as a lifelong crafter; we look for books where the crafts are. Sorry we seem to be in the minority but then why are pattern books for crocheting and knitting in the craft category?

You are right that someone is putting books in the dollhouse category too. That doesnt make sense. It would however make sense if it had a separate category in the dollhouse section labeled as books, magazines and instructions.

So our question to those of you who dont want them in each craft; how do we clean up each category so the books are all with the books? and that would mean taking out the crocheting and knitting books out of crafts and putting them in the books too. We have a large lot of craft books to list and dont want to list them if they are not going to be seen due to being in the wrong category.
    Hopefully this will be sorted when the guys bring in the "ghost" categories, which I assume will be part of the revamp.

http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...7&postcount=13
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information