Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ''official'' DVDs part 2

Quote Originally Posted by lisa1301 View Post
    Quote taken from Amazon.co.uk website "Region 0 (or "region free") is compatible with DVD players from any region.

The majority of all current titles play only in one specific region unless otherwise noted. DVDs sold by Amazon.co.uk are encoded for Region 2 or Region 0. Region 2 DVDs may not work on DVD players in other countries."

Surely Amazon wouldn't sell Region 0 copies if they were fake?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...?nodeId=502554
    Region 0 doesn't mean it is a fake, it just means it is region 0.
    There are loads of genuine region 0 DVDs, they are mainly children's educational DVDs, old TV series and low budget films that have been re-released on DVD
    I think the reason they are made in region 0 is because they are unlikely to be hot sellers, and the DVD producers just can't be bothered with the extra hassle of creating different stock for each region.

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile O Yea....

Quote Originally Posted by FountainDVD View Post
    Region 0 doesn't mean it is a fake, it just means it is region 0.
    There are loads of genuine region 0 DVDs, they are mainly children's educational DVDs, old TV series and low budget films that have been re-released on DVD
    I think the reason they are made in region 0 is because they are unlikely to be hot sellers, and the DVD producers just can't be bothered with the extra hassle of creating different stock for each region.
    Yep, you are right a 100% but I always talk about New Blockbuster Hollywood hits and for new Release TV Shows released by Hollywood and not even 1 from this category are released in form Region 0,or All or Region free...always is Region 1 (US,CA) a 100% I talk about only for US Sales market but by the way I buy many new release movies and TV Shows from Amazon U.K. from original Amazon store not from any private seller from U.K. because I live in USA and Amazon U.K. wont allow me to buy from any private seller from U.K. but that's ok and I always receive after I buy from original store only Region 2 (Europe) new release movies not even 1 from others Regions Likes Region free, or 0 or All...and my point in the end is very simple anybody can see from that both markets in USA and in U.K. just try to protect sales market in that way and all new release or TV shows from both market sell to you only Region 1 (US,CA or Region 2 (Europe) because for legal retail sales for new Release movies or TV shows just don't exist any other Region for legal sales in both markets in US or U.K. ,I just hope I finally sort out this for about New Release movies and TV Shows...huh...

Sorry, guys, but this thread has me totally confused! All I can glean is that DVDs can't always be played on US or Canada equipment. Except the ones labelled Region 0. But some authorities say Region 0 ones are legal, and others say they are illegal.

I think I'll stick to DVDs from Best Buy. One of those rare retailers with high standards. I think it's worth it to pay a bit more in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Sorry, guys, but this thread has me totally confused! All I can glean is that DVDs can't always be played on US or Canada equipment. Except the ones labelled Region 0. But some authorities say Region 0 ones are legal, and others say they are illegal.

I think I'll stick to DVDs from Best Buy. One of those rare retailers with high standards. I think it's worth it to pay a bit more in this case.
    DVD region codes are designed to allow film studios to control aspects of a release, including content, release date, and price, according to the region.

That is all they are for !
    They do not give any indication of the authenticity of a DVD.

If you live in the USA or Canada:

• A standard DVD player will be set up to play region 1 and region 0 DVDs
    • If you have a multi region DVD player, you will be able to play DVDs from any region

If you live in the UK or Europe:

• A standard DVD player will be set up to play region 2 and region 0 DVDs
    • If you have a multi region DVD player, you will be able to play DVDs from any region

There are many ways to spot fake DVDs but using the region code isn't valid.

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Yep...

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post

Well I already say all about this is very simple is not confused...Like Fountain DVD already say :''There are loads of genuine region 0 DVDs, they are mainly children's educational DVDs, old TV series and low budget films that have been re-released on DVD.'' so you can see from that very Cleary and a 100% is All New Release movies, Blockbuster Hits and New Release TV Shows for both markets in here USA and in U.K. are released only in Region 1 (US,CA) and for U.K. Region 2 (Europe)...All Stuff which is come from Asia market for like this New Release is not original, as I remember for China a sample is Region 6 for new release that's all no other region exist for legal sales for new release movies and TV Shows new release...and from the past time and now as I remember every seller who selling same stuff on ''Feebay'' USA Auction have always problem for copyrights or catch him and always the seller is based in USA you can check for yourself all records on the Net for about this copyright for new release movies and TV Shows for many sellers who selling in the past on USA ''Feebay'' auction site...so a 100% any of this sellers sell stuff from Asia Market like: Region ALL, or 0 or Free Region new release movies and even Region 1 but this come from Asia market which I already say Region 1 don't exist for legal sales in Asia market...so why if I am wrong why every like this seller who catch him always pay very heavy price or even end up in jail if this is legal to sell in USA market new release stuff...and you can see for yourself too like you say for Best Buy Stores go in and if you find any new release movie or TV shows new release in Region all or 0 or free...well you don't...and you can check many prices for a sample any TV Shows Released for USA market in any legal retail stores or in the net you can see Cleary prices how is very different and high prices from region: All or 0 or Free which is for sale for very low prices from Region 1 Release...and how in god sake any legal company can give to you same title same new release in region 1 and region:All,0 or free region for very 2 different prices no way, so in the end like you say just stick it for Best Buy a sample a less in the future if you ever decide after watching to sell this item you not going to have problem but if you buy stuff from Asia market and many like this come via EMS shipping company and you try to sell this in the future too is just not guarantee you not going to have any problem...well anybody can say anything about this is free country and free speech I just try to save any seller or buyer who end up in similar stuff large trouble...

Good luck for everybody...

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

You Can't Buy or Sell DVD Box Sets from Asia! Period!
    There are dozens of websites and hundreds if not thousands of individual sellers on any Auction sites offering DVD Box Sets dirt cheap. They say - it's an official Asian release, that's why the price tag is so low. Let me tell you this – there's no such a thing as so called “Asian Imports” in the DVD box set market.
    Yes, there are DVDs produced only for China but you won't find any English writing on the box, neither and English audio track inside the movie. And they are available only in China, only for the local market. So called “Asian Imports” are counterfeit DVD copies, illegal to buy and sell anywhere in western World.
    In the end new release movies and TV shows Box sets don’t exist for legal sale in the Asian market likes; Region 1, Region Free, Region All or Region 0…Only legal version exist for Asian market and this is: Region 3 or Region 6, Without English Language…All other stuff is simple FAKE…for all Buyers you pay with REAL money so in the return you expect REAL item not a FAKE…
    Just forget about buying and Selling DVD Box Sets from China and you'll save yourself a lot of troubles!

Thread Information